Dopesmoker

I'm about to listen to this album what am I in for Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6bL1ebKWU
youtube.com/watch?v=WG6VlYHjKuE
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wouldn't bother, there's only one good song.

Which song is the good one then

skip the first song its garbage, the rest are ok

Good album. Stays pretty consistent throughout the entire thing.

Great thread so far.

Smoke a fat one first, THEN listen to it.

ROLMFAO

If you're grinding out some repetitive stuff this album makes for a great complement - really helps me get in a groove. It is definitely slow for an active listen though and I'd recommend Dopethrone by Electric Wizard higher if you haven't heard it

Op here listing to it now and I like it so far

literally meme metal, but it's pretty good

Holy Mountain is better, but have fun

a friend of mine who doesn't listen to doom metal described this album as
>"imagine there's a band, and they just really really like this one riff, and they just keep playing it for an hour while the vocalist just goofs around on his phone in the corner but occasionally remembers he's the vocalist in a metal band and does a few lines into the mic, then goes back to his phone for a few minutes, rinse and repeat."

for your own sanity get high before you listen

I always thought it as basically the gateway between Sleep's earlier, more psych stuff, and Al Cisneros's later band OM. Which is wild. If y'all want something like Dopesmoker but even more trance-inducing, check out OM.

It's a completely normal song, but incredibly slow, and a riff takes usually one and a half minute to play ONCE. Therefore the vocal lines, the solos and the overall song is really stretched to the maximum. Expect lots of C power chords and drone

Om is made up from some of the guys from sleep. They're pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6bL1ebKWU

youtube.com/watch?v=WG6VlYHjKuE

youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs

it's drone light

I saw Om live last year and I literally could not tell any of their songs apart from each other. I'm still a big fan of them tho 2bh

10 minutes of thinking it is pretty cool then 50 plus minutes of boredom

holy shit I hate trip fags

I skip to the first vocal part at the ~18 minute mark every time. Nearly 20 minutes of buildup is too much

I've found it's best listened to on a stiflingly hot day. It's the soundtrack to being in half-dehydrated sweat soaked trance

But the first vocal part starts at 8 minutes.
At 18 minutes you already missed the solo, that's the best part of the song.