This kind of stuff was where it's at.
youtube.com/watch?v=ztKojUZIiSQ

there is also these m8

youtube.com/watch?v=xEzvQ-ctF0E
youtube.com/watch?v=8oVGMSp3fBA
youtube.com/watch?v=j-rfiQmKgos

>Limewax and current value
>Mentioned on Sup Forums

Didn't know this board liked that stuff, but that is nice. Substance D was pretty good for a mix, but doesn't beat the 6ixth session

youtube.com/watch?v=LoKlz6_I4vY

>post-2000's

the real pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=e4nCfS4fmJY
youtube.com/watch?v=G5WLvidFv5I

90's jungle is timeless
youtube.com/watch?v=Qd32EAbOLMM

Not bad. ER&O have some classic rollers throughout their discography. Chubrub, Puerto Rico, the creeps, kerbcrawler, bacteria, and the list goes on. Too bad they haven't released much since 2015

this one is an absolute classic
youtube.com/watch?v=3qo1aoR96oI

the grooverider remix is ace too
youtube.com/watch?v=6Jbg4ckGXVg

>Not posting shy FX with that nice album with t power

user, 2000's had some great DnB, but the late 2000's was a very dry point.

>le dark rain man remix
nah

Piper sounds fresh to this day, but that grooverider remix is insane. That's a raw baseline that satisfies

youtu.be/s0y9RbQYP3s

Personal favorite right here

youtube.com/watch?v=Nswe73umPQk

>Calibre and high contrast

Good track, but exposed very well. Good tune for liquid itself however.

lmao wtf
you see this?
fucking mario smoking weed
youtube.com/watch?v=u5hvLaKaCNw
youtube.com/watch?v=Lzt2nuZfCZk

It's up there, but after much deliberation, I have decided that the best Drum & Bass track of all time is officially this:
youtube.com/watch?v=gAPwdm04_MQ

Techstep is the patrician D&B sub-genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=btzhmmKCCuU
youtube.com/watch?v=v-DmYeBlcCg
youtube.com/watch?v=uI5n42A51yE
youtube.com/watch?v=Kuhjsn5bwDg
youtube.com/watch?v=Pr_b2znq1-I
youtube.com/watch?v=qPBrJeBdmmg
youtube.com/watch?v=E8PpdNrt6KQ

It doesn't work so well in an LP format though, whereas Liquid Funk on the other hand is pretty shit most of the time but the two best D&B LPs ever (Klute - Lie, Cheat & Steal and Calibre - Second Sun) are both Liquid Funk.

This is the true GOAT right here
youtube.com/watch?v=gAkau3ZoP0M

It does and doesn't. ER&O proved it in wormhole and the creeps, but the next two albums felt less worthy. Then travel the galaxy was something even better.

You are right however. It's something better in the form of an EP/Single format rather then a LP. Inside the machine is such a nice album yet you can't that digitally, and the same for digital nation(Ironically)

Technically Breakbeat Hardcore but good tune anyway. I like it when Techno guys produce Breakbeats, it's usually great.
youtube.com/watch?v=rPDylsg3sDI
youtube.com/watch?v=gQaw35Zi_AE

Post Crucifixion is easily one of the best D&B mixes of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=BETDPpZVfi8

There are a fair few good Techstep style LPs desu, Torque is excellent, Rymetyme is pretty good, Clockwork was great and a few others. I just think that because Techstep is quite abrasive in nature that sitting through an hour+ compilation of it feels a bit tiring. For example, Dom & Roland is possibly the GOAT D&B producer but Industry, while being full of great tracks can feel like a drag to listen to somethings. But if you include Thunder in any mix you'll know it will be great. Same with LPs like Diagnostics and Inside The Machine.

This is true, but usually I just shuffle the album up in a playlist and it gets fresh. Usually I will put on something like Camo and krooked-All night, then something like phace-3002. That's the fun part of DnB:You have endless combinations when you mix the songs in. Rawtekk-Subway and malux-Hyperlaced wouldn't be too bad next to each other, but those are a lot younger then the track we've been discussing in this thread

The older stuff sounds more varied and there weren't as many producers ripping each other off as much as there are now. I'm not nearly into D&B as much as I used to be when I was younger. I was around 16 when Neurofunk was becoming really popular and I used to love the sound of that back then, but by now everyone has figured out how to make their tracks sound like Noisia's old stuff and it isn't as unique or interesting any more. I bet I would have loved the new Teddy Killerz album or the new Aggressor Bunx album when I was younger but now I wouldn't even bother listening to them, I know exactly what they are going to be like. Black Sun Empire is probably the only artist from those days that I still keep up with. Other than that I think the last Neurofunk LP which really blew me away was Basher - Transmission and Xanada - Through The Oort Clouds.
youtube.com/watch?v=_hTggSsp1yY
youtube.com/watch?v=msFss_GjZZo

I do like the shit coming out on Exit/Critical/Ingredients/Samurai Music etc. but it can be hit and miss. The good stuff is great though.
youtube.com/watch?v=BEhUuMUw4hw
youtube.com/watch?v=-ydQ-qPD324
youtube.com/watch?v=0g3_VNiNTzs

I kind of feel like D&B is getting to the point where it's running out of steam. At least there's still shitload of undiscovered Jungle and Breakbeat Hardcore to be discovered.

Teddy killerz album was decent to be fair. Some good tracks but Stockholm is something I despise. If anything, they should have put that moody good collab in there over that garbage.

As for AB, it was also mediocre, but some songs are fucking nuts, like pure energy and jungle future

For me, I'm a much newer listener yet I see how DnB is just changing. People like C4C, BSE, noisia, L33, dabs, billain, posij, audeka, and etherwood provide good future to the genre, but also vitaluzs the versatility of DnB

C4C are actually pretty old, surprised they are still going actually. They've always put out good stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=GW30Qxrq2DU
youtube.com/watch?v=e1g4vor5r88

this isn't even good wtf

They're good anyway, but I think they are as influential as dieselboy.

>"best" thread on Sup Forums
>filled with 99% mediocre tracks
>can't tell if this is a troll thread or anons really have this pleb taste

All of these tracks are something that plebs really don't know. Also
>someone on a music board has different kind of taste than you

youtube.com/watch?v=2VSGSFWagl4

How about this?

>Pleb taste
>It's a ton of good DnB

Plebs can't deal with this at all. It's so good to listen to anyway

If you show a pleb Andy C and shimon-Quest, they'll say it's shit

Obscure =/= good. Try to be less like the rest of Sup Forums.
youtube.com/watch?v=wbl62g6QHpE
youtube.com/watch?v=TzWQxQ_m_KE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2F5uogejs

Tbf Night Flight is a way better tune. Yeah Quest has a nice bassline but so does Night Flight and it has way better drum programming.

>best
>subjective
pick one. then retire.

>Obscure =/= good.
that's not what i said clearly. i'm saying 99% of these tracks (being generous honestly) are mediocre songs. not the best. how do i know this? because i used my fucking ears. i am challenging you to stop settling for mediocre shit and learn what the absolute best is.

Night flight also feels nicer to listen to at night then quest, and you can enjoy nightflight with headphones better then quest, since that song needs a good soundsystem

If anything, suprised how nobody has mentioned body rock yet. That tune was something. So weird yet it got played often

If you were to listen to messiah with a good pair of headphones and listen to these songs fully, they are great. Also, the time still sticks up. Planet dust and many others just still have their power, yet are enjoyable because of what they made

You are being contratrian for the sake of it, there aren't many D&B tracks better than some of the ones posted here. If you think otherwise then you're the one who needs you hearing checked. By all means post what you think is good unless you're happy to be outed for chatting shit.

I remember when Body Rock came out, I wasn't into then and I never got the hype behind it. Same with Helicopter Tune, it's in shit load of sets but I think it's a terrible track.

Body rock just seemed so odd anyway

>Torque is excellent
While it's a fairly good LP I've always seen it as a sub-Wormhole 2bh

I think Torque is way better than Wormhole but Wormhole was a more innovative and influential album.

This

Wormhole isn't that bad, but it does have some glaring issues. Glass eye and splinter are the best tracks argueably, but it isn't ed rush and opticals best work. That goes to the creeps

Aw shit. Thanks for the dose of nostalgia, Renegade Hardware used to be my shit at the turn of the millennium, much to my parents discomfort.
Perfect to sperg out to when no one saw you and get hyped, perfect background music when studying, perfect music to zone out to before sleep.
I was particular to Future Cut, never understood why they didn't make it bigger.
youtu.be/-vlKEGk78BI?list=PLA93BBAF2A35F7B95

That's the amazement of drum and bass:It's versatile. Messiah is a perfect example because it goes nuts, and has calmness.

Now, there's tons of labels, but the good ones on the rise are eatbrain, blackout, methlab, and get hype.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6bAwhe_8kw

I don't know maybe i'm alone on this one but I think every track on Wormhole is excellent

youtube.com/watch?v=vvxCOd4WmeA

It's your opinion. Personally, the album still kicks it to this day, even if it's almost 20. Sad how few give it more recognition since new forms came a year before.

Still, what is the best drum and bass song of all time POST 2000's?

Mine would be spor-Aztec

Wormhole also left its influence out for a really long time

youtube.com/watch?v=xQ6NIADv5zw

Good old photek.

Is he still making music? And what made him get out of the jungle phase?

t. pardner

Let this thread live