I don't get it

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2yXWi0ppw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shinji Wont Get in The Robot: The Series

It's whatever you want it to be, truly.

But you have to make the choice, which scares people. They just want to be told, they don't want to decide for themselves.

Anyone who wills themselves to understand the show, will understand the show.

oh no...

My choice was to change the channel.

Do you realize that you have to die someday and there's no way out? There's your explanation

He is the original edgelord

>changing the channel on anime

Whatever you say, buds.

Nothing to get, it's garbage that weebs pretend to like because they should.

Billions of years ago a dying race created giant organic machines to hold their souls and scattered these out to the stars. Each contained the blueprints for entire systems of life. Two crashed on Earth, one after the other. The Lillith entity created primordial life via discharging LCL and imposing morphic fields on it to create life. The other entity - Adam - was shut down by a safeguard mechanism - The Lance of Longinus - to prevent a clash with Lillith's terraforming.

Fast forward a few billion years. Humans wake Adam by removing the Lance, triggering 2nd impact and partial terraforming of the Northern hemisphere. Adam ejects embryonic forms of his own brand of life - the Angels.

There's going to be that guy pretty soon who draws the arrow pointing towards a different board and I just want to mention I've predicted his arrival and got here first.

He will probably not understand the concept that TV is a broad category that covers all genres, so the standouts of a particular genre will likely be discussed here.

I actually really enjoy episodes 25 and 26, even if EoE is a better ending from a narrative perspective.

Like most great art, Evangelion is a mirror. Within it you see a reflection of what you bring in with you.

CONGRATULATIONS

>I don't get it

Pick a girl, then argue with people on the internet about why she's best

agreed, 25 and 26 were something else. funny how lack of funding brought forward something interesting and creative

>even if EoE is a better ending from a narrative perspective
It isn't though. The sole purpose of EoE was to pander to clueless teenagers who wanted more robot fights and epic """symbolism""". DUDE THAT LOOKS LIKE A CROSS, THIS SHOW MUST BE SOOO DEEP! I completely understand why Anno hates Eva fans, the vast majority of them were not able to appreciate the series for what it actually was.

The Angels instinctively home in on the progenitor entities - Lillith or Adam. Nerv prevents the Angels from merging with their progenitors to avoid a 3rd impact. Nerv does so by using giant beings cloned from the tissue of Adam or Lillith. - the Eva series - the souls of dead parents fused with them so they can be controlled by their children.

He's not kidding. I've never seen anything like it.

>You must realize she was designed to be perfect Waifu material- a women who has no characteristics, motivations or drive. She is a tool designed to obey commands and this inherently makes her boring and uninteresting is true for Asuka, not Rei.

>Asuka was designed by drawing elements from Anno's waifu(s), and was admittedly imagined as an idol-like character. In the original story, Asuka was raised and in some versions, bred to be an EVA-pilot. She was raised to obey NERV and live only by the way they provided her.

>Asuka in the show has no will or personal drive, she is merely NERV's puppet, and NERV can cut her strings any time. When they do after episode 22, Asuka collapses like a puppet without strings, motionless. She has no personality or characteristics beyond what her masters gave her. Asuka is in a word, pathetic.

>Now contrast with Rei, someone who was also attempted to be molded, formed and controlled - except with Rei, it failed. Rei was ever so inquisitive about herself, and sought understanding instead of coexistence, and Rei forged a vision of her self that was uncolored by her would-be puppet master.

>This is why Rei still remains her strength when she loses her EVA or is otherwise hurt, because Rei doesn't need NERV, the EVA, or even someone else to exist as who she is. Her personality is hers.

>This is why Rei is the one person to defeat the ultimate representation of the oppressive controller: Gendo in the end.

>So when you consider NGE, Asuka fandom is largely based on one huge lie.

Someone typed this all out one time because his girl is better than a different, red haired girl.

meme anime show

>Within it you see a reflection of what you bring in with you.

What does it mean that I think the whole thing boils down to the scene where Kaji is watering his plants

>The sole purpose of EoE was to pander to clueless teenagers who wanted more robot fights and epic """symbolism"""
It's the intended ending, though. You can see clips of EoE in the "NEXT EPISODE" bit at the end of episode 24, and there are bits/frames of unfinished scenes from EoE in episodes 25 and 26.

aint no autism like reifag autism

Agreed. It was so rewarding seeing Shinji drift away and lose himself in his own consciousness and relegating the whole surface narrative to a distant background. It encapsulated what the show was all about from the beginning, the fighting itself was just a vehicle. That's why the rebuilds are soulless, they don't have anything besides fighting and twists.

Same with Cowboy Bebop really.

I'm still not sure if it's more hilarious than sad.

you like plants and enjoy watering them occasionally

Those were added in the director's cut rerelease and are from the then-in-production Death & Rebirth

Please don't. It's fine. You can like both girls, or neither or one or the other or Misato. It's all in your imagination anyway.

No one's opinion is better.

>No one's opinion is better as long as you're not a reifag

asuka a best

post the 'worse than when grandpa died' screencap i dont have it on this pc, tia

Funny, I was about to post the same thing.

I don't care who you think is best girl. Shit, I don't care if Kaworu is your waifu or the fucking old male teacher from the first half of the series is who you think is the best. Just don't be a Reifag.

I know this one guy who is genuinely in love with Kaworu

She had a good introduction

>do you see how full my figure is
>by the way you guys are perverts and I'm going to charge you for looking up my skirt

It's clearly the audience who is perverted, bravo, Anno.

Take it to Sup Forumsutism kids.

I forecast it. I was right. Everyone praise me.

>HI, I'M ASUKA LANGLEY SORYU! CHARMED HUH?

I don't remember that scene.

It's a cap of a post from Sup Forums IIRC - some Reifag feeling betrayed how she is portrayed in Rebuild 3.33

I don't know why Shinji was upset, she's a robot, he can just do over the things that made her attracted to him in the first go-around and it'll all be the same.

Plus the cardboard box was pretty funny.

>Anime
>Sup Forums
Watching these badly written Jap cartoons has rotted your brains.

>EoE literally spends 40 minutes outright telling you in plain language what it's about.

>dude brah wat da fug xDdd

He's upset about fucking everything in 3.33 - he's got no idea of what's going on and why everybody acts so different to what he remembers and the versions of them that he has created in his mind.
Same as the audience

I liked 3. It was better because it was a new story. Everyone should be happy because it doesn't "ruin" what happened before.

Only bad part..you know who...

Ive been trying to get into this because I like the setting and premise, but Shinji is such a whiny little crybaby that I cant stand it. Either of the girls wouldve been a better main character.

Aliens mixed with well researched judeochristian lore.

>try to watch for awesome big robot battles
>receive faggy 2deep4u bullshit

This is one of the reasons i never got into Anime. I just want to see some chaos and war, not angsty retards going through emotional problems.

Capeshit and certain movies are guilty of this too, the reluctant superhero trope is so annoying. If you got power, fucking use it.

It has the best balance between plot/world building and action.

You only watched the first episode and dropped it because there was no actual battle?

That's why everyone likes Rei. No fuss, no muss, she just fought robots without bitching.

The robot fights the aliens
The robot is actually his mum
Because of this he repairs his relationship with his father
A bunch of other plotlines happen but they dont actually matter
The end

Stop paying attention to all the religious iconography and science fiction technobabble and just focus on the characters. It's a story about the fear of getting close to others.

The sci-fi and religious theme is also quite interesting, if you're a fan of that kind of stuff like Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End and Ultraman.

Weeabo shit.

Rei's one of my favorite characters from...anything really and it wouldn't occur to me to describe her like that.

You're missing out

youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2yXWi0ppw

Damn, Unit 02 looks like THAT?

Yeah, it's a 4-eyed clone of Adam.

It's about a manchild who lives in a big robots fantasy world and refuse to grow up. Japan have a big problems with these people wand they try to get rid of the american democracy to start the extermination of the weaboos. You know the reason why Sup Forums hate Evangelion is because it told them how worthless pieces of shit they are. Evangelion should be the last anime you watch. If you still watch anime after that then shoot you in the head.

>It's the intended ending, though.
Yeah and Han Solo was originally intended to be a lizard. Do you see how worthless that line of reasoning is?

How can Rei have the soul of Lilith when she just gets replaced by a clone as soon as she dies?

when Rei II dies how does Rei III get the soul?

FUN FACT: If you had watched the entire clip you'd know Anno is giving a talk to a bunch of kids, and dumbing things down in order for them to understand.

heavily depressed japanese man realizes he can mix his love of giant things fighting in cities with religious themes and whatever else was popular at the time, and people will buy it thinking his work is complex and he will make huge bank from it.

it was a genius idea.

just sit back and enjoy the sweet visuals and that banging soundtrack, it's a great ride.
ignore the ending though, they literally ran out of ideas.

Irrelevant to the argument being made. He said that EoE was an afterthought. It wasn't, however.

Was it rape or not?

They it's implied that have technology to recover souls from the recently deceased.

No, what matters is the media itself. The TV series was made the way it was. That was it, it was completed, finished. It doesn't matter what was "intended" at one point. The DECISION to then go ahead and make EoE was made to pander to the idiots who didn't understand the TV ending.

>ayn rand shills still forcing this meme

You're not completely wrong though, Evangelion was indeed intended for the average japanese boy that dreams about piloting a giant robot.

Evangelion tries to create a scenario about a normal 14 year old boy (in a post-apocalyptic world) and gives him a giant robot to pilot.

People who bitch about Shinji being an emo and stuff are just repeating memes or not paying attention.
Shinji even gets cocky after the first half of the series ("I am number one!"), as he is the best Eva pilot surpassing Asuka.

So, is shinji an emo kid who never fights? No, that's wrong.
Is he more like a realistic 14 year old boy rather than a fantasy hero? Absolutely.

Even Touji, who is a hot-blooded reckless thug was on the verge of tears when he was inside the Eva cockpit and saw Shinji fight, which led him to start respecting and even admiring Shinji.
Kensuke is the real portrayal of a stereotypic "otaku" in Evangelion, although he's always just a comedy relief character.

it wasn't that japan had a problem with those people, it was literally that the creator himself was a dude who loved big things fighting each other. i mean heck, if they had a problem with that...i'm quite sure the creation of evangelion really didn't help.

the video where he teaches a class animation has a scene where he documents this very clearly.

dude was just on a goal to make some epic giant fight and wanted a way to sell it as something seemingly complex.

If Shinji was a girl everything would make so much more sense

Actually, if the entire cast had their genders reversed the show would make more sense

Yeah, but it'd suck

It's about a beta whose betaness is so strong it caused a singularity, destroying planet earth.
People tried to help him (his father gave him a fucking robot and literally every girl wanted his dick) but it all failed in the end.

>And then the chairman calls for another impact, and you know you could kill every single person in the geofront before the JSDF could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Shinji. You're not going to lose your future place in the god-womb over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Should boobs in a tight-ass PVC plugsuit jiggle like that?

I don't know man, frankly I never solved her riddle of if she puts her hands on her breasts, will they get bigger? Her breasts, not her hands.

She's like a walking conundrum.

Well memed. Might I suggest:

>You are (not) going to lose your future place in the god-womb over this.

mari is best girl

mari isn't even a girl

she's just a meme to sell figures

Because the same story being retold 4 times totally isn't doing it to sell action figures.
Fucking deluded weeb.

>High school English books in IQ 130

Top kek

shit i should've thought of that

If Ghost in the Shell does good box office, a live action Evangelion will get greenlit

Real Cosplay vs Fake Cosplay

>being too pleb for anime

JESUS

>it's about a man child
>16 year old kid as protagonist

You missed the point

well you're actually right because the series was intentionally written with the core 3 characters genderbent

>16 years old
>kid

kill yourself manchild

TONIGHT ON THE GRAND TOUR

(1/6)
Evangelion is an existential work. As such, it chronicles the descent into and recovery from despair and isolation. The last two episodes are an analysis of the logic and circumstances which have caused each of Eva's characters to become the fractured, alienated beings they are and what social mechanisms keep them trapped that way. The mechanism can be summarized as "everybody is broken and searching for somebody, and thus can't find anybody." Nobody is capable of offering any love or acceptance because they don't even love themselves. The personal flaws at the heart of this are explicated for each character between the last two episodes.

(2/6)
Shinji does not believe himself to be worthy of love largely because of his abandonment by his father. Because he hates himself, he believes everyone else does too and assumes that they will reject him if he gets close to them, so he
isolates himself. He tries to escape using various methods but ultimately is forced to face a painful reality anyway.

how did this piece of shit get so much hype

same for ttgl and code gayass

all fucking shit

(3/6)
Asuka has the same deficiencies as Shinji but hides them behind a veil of pride and egoism, largely because she feels that being like Shinji would make her pathetic (everyone in the show does, which is why they all put up fronts. And I've often heard it said that Shinji can rightly be called the show's hero because he is the only character who wears their heart on their sleeve.)

(4/6)
Misato is also self-loathing but tries to escape using romance and pleasure. Because of this, she feels that she is a slut, and is trapped in a destructive cycle of temporary escape and guilt.

I'd happily plug her suit

(5/6)
Rei presents the Evangelion Philosophy of Existence: that "you" are nothing but the product of your interactions with others, and that the qualities others ascribe to you, ultimately define you. She faces an i identity crisis because of the knowledge that she is a clone, and thus "replaceable".