Red Letter Media General

Is that really a young Mike and Jay at the bottom of pic related? They looked good...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9lMOsdHhqio
youtube.com/watch?v=5rQI82NZzDA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What does Sup Forums think of the new Half in the Bag about Stranger Things?

youtube.com/watch?v=9lMOsdHhqio

I dont give a shit about the shitty tv show
The episode is also stale
They are getting sloppy
They didnt even do an intro

I thought Mike Stoklasa was like 10 years older than Jay? He's not?

I laughed when Jay said Winona Ryder sucked.
Defiantly not her best performance.

*Definitely

I think she's fantastic in it. Jay calls her one-note, which is bullshit - there are plenty of scenes where she's not hysterical (such as when she sort-of-bonds with 11).

And I mean, what the fuck, if a mom knew her little boy was missing and then found him magically communicating with her through light bulbs, how exactly should she react? Jay wanted more "range" but these circumstances would drive pretty much any mom out of her damned mind.

I thought it was an interesting discussion, and I think it speaks to the overall quality of Stranger Things that they found it worthy of analysis on a show that's otherwise all about films. They pointed out many homages/references from '80s movies, and it's funny, because the ONLY one of those I consciously thought of while I watched the show was the slingshot battle with the monster, a take from the It miniseries. All the other stuff was used so perfectly in service of the show's story that I didn't even notice. Fucking remarkable job by the writers and everyone else involved.

I do think Mike was a little cynical in how he looked at it - he seemed to be looking for things that just weren't aligned with what the show was trying to do, and he has a weird concept of "originality". The ideas in Stranger Things aren't brand-new, but they're assembled and presented in a way that makes them FEEL new, and therefore draws us in, making us all kids again as we follow the adventure.

nobody knows

I miss skinny-fat Mike and ugly Jay

Wtf? RLM wiki says they're only two years apart. I honestly thought Mike was Jay's mentor or something... Their dynamic translates that way.

>"We liked The Duffer Brothers before it was cool yo." - Jay Bauman

>i absolutely adored the force awakens. it's everything i dreamed of.

Why is mike such effeminate pussy?

i cannot stand these guys

it's disgusting. pure pandering and laziness

Is Mike the alpha of the group?

what do you think he smells like

where has jessi gone?

i cannot stand you

fuck off user

How old are they?

Mike was born in 1978 and Jay 1980

Crap, and I always thought they were younger than me (83')... I guess evans must be around the same age

Is there still an archive of those threads?

Classic Gilchrist

Evans is about 3000y old in Earth years.

Evans is eternal, he trapped himself in a causality loop that goes from the big bang to heat death accidentally.

"STOP SUCKING MIKE'S DICK, LAUREN

M-MINE IS BIGGER"

-Jay Bauman 1997

;_;

NOOOOOOOOO

I like them and I watch a lot of Half in the Bag.

But I really don't know why.

I hate Jay so much.

why? he seems innocuous

His opinions are shit and he's a pretentious little rat.

Care to provide even one example of what the fuck you're complaining about? Do you even know what the word "pretentious" means?

Quit being such a fag, Jay.

Oh so you don't know what "pretentious" means. Got it.

He sounds like someone who reads a collection of reviews before he shares his own opinion first.

Don't be such a faggy spas Jay you pretentious little rat.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rQI82NZzDA

>Spends literally HOURS talking shit about Mike and Jay
>"All this shit happened ten years ago. Who even cares anymore?"
Classic Gilchrist!

>WE GOTTA GET IN BEFORE THE BACKLASH STARTS

It's funny because it's true

He's faggit

It was originally supposed to be a part of the Suicide Squad video. They just chopped it up into two to make more ad money

What the fuck happened to Mike? Why would he glowingly recommend Jurassic World and Independence Day 2 and then be so "meh" about Stranger Things?

>Jay though the teens battling the monster was pointless
If they hadn't kept it busy the adults would have been attacked when they entered the Upside Down like Shephard.

Also we saw Winona being not crazy in multiple flashbacks.

I feel like they weren't paying attention to the show.

Jay was chilling with his bf while Netflixing Stranger Things, so he was a little distracted.

I.... I think I had a dream that I was hanging out with Mike and Jay

Someone kill me

so what? they seem like they could be fun to hang out with

He gave up. On everything.

The weird thing is you would expect Gilchrist to dislike Mike, since they had a disagreement over Gorilla Interrupted, but for some reason he really dislikes Jay in particular

Did Jay ruin his life or something

Cyclothymic depression. If he's feeling miserable he'll hate whatever movie he watches. If he's feeling indifferent he'll say it was "fine".

Gilchrist claims Jay fed him poisoned ramen noodles.

That sounds like bullshit but I believe it

>It's another movie where Jay tricked you into watching because he said it's amazing

Fuck you Jay and your love of shit abstract movies. Scarlett was good but that's it. What the fuck was the point?

You're obviously a kid who didn't grew up with those movies which Stranger Things heavily takes from. The """"homages"""" were obvious, some so shameless I was constantly rolling my eyes.

>The ideas in Stranger Things aren't brand-new, but they're assembled and presented in a way that makes them FEEL new
I disagree completely. Nothing about Stranger Things is original or felt "new", and because of that I felt that the show definitely suffered overall. The elements which are borrowed aren't even used to service the storytelling, they're basically put there because the writers were so unoriginal they couldn't come up with anything on there own, which is why there are a lot of bits that felt inconsequential. Furthermore, you could definitely argue this heavy use of homage takes away from the experience and story, because as soon as you recognize that a shot was ripped off, you're immediately brought out of it. Homages when done right are supposed to be subtle, sort of like a wink to the fans, something for them to notice on a repeat viewing. Stranger Things, on the contrary, is just a mashup of one cliche/reference/trope after the next.

It's not that great but it's not a complete waste of time. It did have a few things going for it that were nice to think about.

>I get butthurt when movies don't spell themselves out for me

>Jay is a tryhard hipster contrarian
>Mike is Papa Pleb

Wherever their tastes overlap is what you should watch

Their tastes overlap all the time. Jay likes weird artsy movies like Under the Skin, but he also really liked Captain America: Civil War.

Chain smoking and beer

This thread is borderline experimental!

Didn't anyone else feel that the latest HITB was definitely paid for by Netflix? Before you dismiss me as some retarded nutjob just hear me out.

>advertised that they were going to review the show a week before the HITB episode came out, something which they never do
>RLM don't do shows, they strictly do movies. why the sudden change?
>episode starts directly into the subject, no opening skit
>video clips have a prominent Netflix logo
>jay's opening voice-over sounds like something that was prepared for them
>overly positive "review", you could tell mike was holding back, he wasn't even drinking
>jay's "praise" was all the same generic shit we've heard from other reviews. not a single good point of discussion
>no excessive profanity
>they plaster the netflix ad near the end of the review, even though they could have easily cut that out, and probably should've to avoid copyright claims

>all dat autism
Holy shit, faggot. Kill yourself.

>Didn't anyone else feel that the latest HITB was definitely paid for by Netflix?
No because I'm not a fucking retard.

>he thinks a movie needs to have a "point"

No. They just talked about Stranger Things immediately after their soocide squaw review. They did the two in the same day, sort of as an afterthought. Thus the low effort, no intro, no production stuff.

You can compare the two videos and everything looks exactly the same.

"We should talk about Stranger Things for an hour."
"Okay."

Rich>MIke>Fatbeard>Jay>Aidsmoby

love that they actually made lightningfastvcrrepair.com

Yep, Netflix pays top dollar to youtube reviewers with under 500K subs to give them a so-so review several weeks after the show has already been a success where they say the lead actress sucks and the show rips off too many other movies.

They explained why they made an exception for this series in the review. Jay was also talking about the show right away on Twitter when it premiered on Netflix. You are retarded.

I wonder if the phone number actually works.

well said

>Beardfat>Jay

Explain.

Shit taste. Beardfat is better than aidsmoby, but jay is better than both

I thought this board liked RLM ?