/Daily/ Dead edition

we dead

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/8far134
strawpoll.com/bgc153s
youtube.com/watch?v=rkmv06jkym0
youtube.com/watch?v=10DOfsLEX7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1aQvm5MrU
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dj_rashad/double_cup/
youtube.com/watch?v=TSbVAde9xfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread

rip again

strawpoll.com/8far134

DFW in the lead
Will it be?
Also I forgot to put Brothers Karamazov on here rip me

read bordiga

>btw to get footwork you have to embrace the irritation imo
esplain urself jimmo jazzo

Need 6 more or it's just going to be RNG

fish won zappa

Hey, haven't posted in one of these before, how do these threads work exactly?

I've been listening to Billy Joel's "The Stranger" a lot for the last few days. I first got into the album a couple years ago and rediscovered it this week. Where should I go next in Joel's discography?

we dead

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

Just keep showing up every day or two, share your opinions about what you're listening and what others are listening to, be thoughtful, honest and nice, preferably in that order.

Also, chronological like any artist.

>how do these threads work exactly?
listen to music a lot, post about music a little, shitpost a lot

also read the sticky for more info

There's no hard and fast rules, do whatever makes you happy

>Billy Joel
Think you've got the wrong door pal, pop thread's two blocks down
glass houses btw

Lusine Zakarian - Armenian Medieval Spiritual Music
>Hymns, Armenian Medieval Classical Music
Otherworldly power and transcendental grace haunts these hallowed halls. Someone is dying, and I am sleepy.
>8+/10

>chronological like any artist
End this meme.

why you move the album again
really makes me tihnk

that really activates my almonds

hmmm
mmm sausages and milkybars

prob not gonna get much attention but check this out

Ok Lyricks

strawpoll.com/bgc153s

Break the tie

to me the fact that some footwork (especially like stuff by rp boo) is fucking annoying is an interesting quality, it kinda achieves intensity by being rough, but sparse. And sometimes feels like the most tense dance thing there is. I mean it's not just interesting, things like very "unfitting" vox cuts pull you in cause they really catch your attention. I guess the thing really is a border where you just find stuff disjointed, cause of course when it comes to some stuff i like its really chaotic but you can still see the greater image, and the stuff that doesn't stick together sticks together. And like, Rashad has a very distinct style or sth on that record which to me holds the pieces together. idk does that make sense or something, im kinda tired

How about something that isn't a meme

>intensity
i didnt really get that from this album, but yeah I may have underrated this. I wouldn't even call this album's tracklist disjointed, the songs were awkwardly constructed at worse and surprisingly catchy at best.

I think I'll revise my rating considering that I DID like tracks like Show U How, Leavin, Let U No. I guess I like my footwork more wonky than trap.

>How about something that isn't a meme
how about no?

Rod BTFO
I'll listen to this later

yea i mean double cup is p chilled out, idk how to convey what i meant by that its sth more specific

but it's not even rod's listenalong

But he said "stop this post internet thing" which is basically rod's thing

oh
yea he got TOLD

Am I on any tourneys
Also I kick doggo

Be on mine

Millions Now Living Will Never Die

r u a sasquatch

>reverse searches for this image turn up nothing

TIEBREAKER SONG:
Mark And gave me youtube.com/watch?v=rkmv06jkym0

Jimmy Jazz gave me youtube.com/watch?v=10DOfsLEX7I

It was a really hard choice, and I DO love me some mbira (one of my favorite instruments), but Hudjan Mas was just so extremely energetic and tribal that I had to choose that.
Thank you Jim both for the gret UK Hip Hop and for the GREAT mbira song, I'll definitely check the album out

Mark And is through

do me
im gonna kms when I lose to dogevillage

lol is this image dying

>saving it as a jpg
y

what the fuck is wrong with you

youtube.com/watch?v=Pu1aQvm5MrU

it's ok I fixed it

>left hand to get the muting sound
ABSOLUTELY sinful

wrong one, sorry

*gets boner*

christ

Exuma's eyes are still really clear

I'll gamble on Yeezus

I see pixels in the dead man's eyes

my bad

Exuma just straight-up disappeared now

goddamn you made me laugh

yeah boy

>John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers
I don't think much can be said about this record that hasn't been said already. It's simply one man with a guitar, yet it is incredibly engaging.

I warmed up to the first track, but I still maintain that the second track is not all that interesting and the guitar tone is kind of odd. However, the title track more than makes up for it and is basically perfect. Every time that I listened to it, I stopped what I was doing.

>Jlin - Dark Energy
I'll start this little review off with a disclaimer. This music isn't awful, and I'll give credit where credit is due. I have not listened to that much footwork, but I can tell that this record is inventive in quite a few ways. It utilizes varying tempos, empty space, and a decent range of textures. At the end of the day though, I never want to listen to it again, thus it earns a 1.

As far as I'm concerned, footwork consists of two main things. Vocal samples and high bpm drum samples. This record fucks up the vocal samples so, SO badly. It's really, honestly atrocious to me. I guess I could see where these samples could actually appeal to some people if they like kitschy pop culture references. For example, the song Guantanamo samples The Ring and some stock horror movie sound effects. That shit actually made me cringe. It's a lot of things peppered throughout the whole album that makes me never want to hear this album again. Every time something vaguely interesting happened percussion wise it was ruined by obnoxious vocal samples. Machine Girl does this whole schtick a little better and mixes other, more interesting influences into it.

I'd honestly say stay away from this album unless you really like footwork.

decided to go through the Sup Forumscore chart and listen to every single album on it. discovered this and absolutely loved it.

good innit
Listen to Hex Induction Hour, it's even better

try dis one

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/dj_rashad/double_cup/

i want to get into footwork but its about as engagin as lower tier hip hop instrumentals

If you want a more modern take on The Fall, once you've listened to their other albums, you might like to check out Ought.

I've actually heard that already and like it a bit. I haven't rated it cause I've listened to it like once. It's a bit repetitive, but it has fun songs like Pass That Shit.

who gives a shit

RNG picks stars of the lid

one spot left

>Rake - Art Ensemble of Rake/Tell-Tale Moog
yeah fuck fuck FUCK this album, its shit. if yr interesting in reading 1000 words on why its bad, i wrote a lengthy review on rym. but, to summarize: theres absolutely no point in this album's existence. its pointless shitty avant garde for the sake of being avant garde, and its boring and pretentious as fuck. theres no reason to listen to this over something like destroy all monsters.
>Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy
I really liked this album! I think I have a soft-spot for most lo-fi indie albums, everytime I listen to one it just feels so... classic. I loved how fuzzy this all was, but I really appreciate that it wasn't hard to make out the words. The lyrics aren't too deep, but they still hit hard. It's good.
3.5+
>Magnolia Electric Co. - s/t
This is by no means a bad album. I just honestly wasn't into it. It wasn't catching my attention at all. I didn't really like the vocals that much, and I'm rarely a lyric person, so it was just kinda meh for me. Again, its not a bad album at all. Just not me, ig.
2.5+

what next boy-os

actress

At the Mountains of Madness or Deathspell Omega

aw hell yes, im pumped for at the mountains of madness. next free 2 hours i have, thats going on.

wow, thanks senpai. first post in /daily/ and i already feel so welcomed

Sasquatch jr

Welcome!

hey buddy want to snag the last spot in my tournament? Recommend something from the upper part, I'll listen to all of them and rank them, and the bottom 4 get cut each round.

shut the fuck up you stupid fucking idiot

rude
(no u)

why are you upset

ok here's a new version. I've got a png for editing that i'll save as a jpg for posting (thanks for whomstd ever mentioned that tip)
i'll add another RNG in a little bit if no one claims the last spot

can my gf pick a spot for you

sure

are you out looking for a gf or what

I can't be fucked to write something substantial because I just spent 8 hours making donuts so I'll just say this

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Honky Reduction (1998)
>cybergrind, grindcore

Shitty, derivative grind that's only interesting because of the slight usage of electronics. The vocals are really bad, and I normally like screaming metal vocals, but these just sound terrible. The actual songs are really bad, but the electronics and the guitar work are sometimes interesting, like one track sounds like a bunch of bees buzzing around. Outside of that, irritating and bland.

0.5+

dude that's more substantial than half the reviews in /daily/

I was planning on just writing "it's bad" but I got ahead of myself and forgot to change what I said

Still not really tho.

youtube.com/watch?v=TSbVAde9xfo

if there's still a spot gang of four - entertainment!

Yeah, I'll eat one of the spots I used for myself
any luck?

She picked hi how are you Daniel Johnston

tbf she picked out of random

Nice, I think she's got a better chance of staying in than you do

Hello daily!
Today i listened to two more albums from the essential chart

First Musical Abortions by Dead, I'm sorry daily, but I really didn't like it, it starts with an intro that's just the music from 2001 Space Odyssey in bad quality?
And then the awful recording quality continues and it gets all noisy and loud, but it's just random guitar shredding and incomprehensible vocals??? at least i didn't have the feeling i was missing out on the lyrics here, haha
but seriously, am I msising something or is it just a joke?

Secondly I heard Escape from Noise (perfect title for this occasion, haha) and I liked that one alot more! It's really humorous and comedical, which is thing not many bands do. Maybe the funniest album I've heard. But I don't know if I will listen to that very often, musically it's interesting, but not so much my taste. And since you all recommended me to focus less on lyrics and don't take these into account when rating albums, I figured 5 is a fair rating.
I'm probably overthinking that rating stuff...sorry

Any recommendations for what to hear tomorrow?

kys

Any of you catch that Aphex Twin stream?
Thought it was pretty cash.

jealous lol

six organs of admittance

"no"

Look it's the final set. Wanna place bets on the bottom four?

do even oxen or fahey

>but seriously, am I msising something or is it just a joke?
It's called noisecore, basically really loud n' fast hardcore punk played poorly and recorded with the worst equipment available.
People who are "into" noise might like it but it is pretty much just a joke, possibly the worst produced album of all time.
And listen to Daikanjyo next desu, that ones more melodic than Musical Abortions at the very least.

Yeezus, Money Store, Gorillaz, LCD

>FISH
Reminder

are you actually fangirling for a daily reviewer right now

I planned on doing all the Top /daily/core first, but maybe I can already start with the individual picks soon
Okay, I will do these two tomorrow
Thanks for the explanation, this makes sense, but are so many people of /daily/ into noise or is it only on the top row for the joke?
I'm not sure if I want to listen to something similiar to that so soon, I'll give myself a break and listen to Daikanjyo in two days, ok?

in that case, do suicide

hey man be nice