>be sorcerer
>make a stone
>sorcerer's stone

>be sorcerer
>make a stone
>philosopher's stone

If anything it should have been the Alchemist's Stone, based on what it does

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher's_stone
>Mention of the philosopher's stone in writing can be found as far back as Cheirokmeta by Zosimos of Panopolis (c. 300 AD)

BUT NO IS HAS TO BE SORCERER'S STONE OR THE MURRICAN PLEBS DONT GET IT

Typical Americans. They think their country is the center of the universe.

Being this autistic about a kid's show.

Philosophers don't turn lead into gold.

Sorcerer is a much more accurate term.

Should we tell him?

JK didn't invent the philosopher's stone. It is a mythological item.

> being objectively wrong
Wew

I meant rather than the "sorcerer's" part of the title

>tfw can't watch the series anymore because britbong accents make me want to puke

I've got some bad news for you.

Comfy: The Movie

>Amerifat gets triggered

No surprise when it's one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King

This pasta has finally caused me to reread the series. 4 books in, and there hasn't been a single "stretched his legs" or any variation of it. Rowling does reuse a lot of phrases over and over, but that isn't one of them

You might want to be sitting down when you hear this.

>philosopher

Nigger I just pulled up a PDF of The Sorcerer's Stone and there is a "strech his legs" on the second God dam page man.

>jk rowling is a britbong

>capitalizing the "g"
Opinion discarded.

Why are Harry Potter threads so comfy?
Is Chamber of Secrets the comfiest movie?

>writing the name of G*d
goy, get real

>Missing the entire point of myths
I mean I guess Rowling did too but that's not the issue

That would make want to watch superior FMA instead.

>Britbongs literally think sorcerers and philosophers are the same thing

Just because it's an ancient meme doesn't mean it's not stupid.