AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jvl0MDXH96M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I WOULLDDD BE AFRAID
TOO FINDDDDD SOMMMEEEONEEE HOMEEEEE

weak b8

i geniuenly think its really good

Comfy 8/10. The Godrich production on this shit is so clean. It kinda slows down in the middle of the record but it starts off hella strong and ends hella strong and I'm left completely satisfied. I actually cried during Deja Vu on my first listen because I never thought I'd hear "Pink Floyd in 2017" sound so good and authentic.

PICTURE A LEADER WITH NO FUCKING BRAINS

>(NO FUCKING BRAINS)
>(NO FUCKING BRAINS)
>(NO FUCKING BRAINS)
>(NO FUCKING BRAINS)

that beat change is really nice. reminds me of pink floyd

I'm going to one of his concert this year, not the biggest fan of his solo work so I'm hoping he'll be doing a lot of Pink Floyd's work.

Has anyone gone to one of his concerts?
What are they like?

Watch Roger Water's The Wall doccumentatory to get an idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jvl0MDXH96M

brief snippet.

Aside from that, ignoring production and such, Rogers was caught sometimes lip-syncing certain songs.

I saw him perform The Wall
hype as fuck
fantastic performance with some of the most complicated stage work and effects you'll ever see from any live show

CONCEPT ALBUM CONCEPT ALBUUUUUUUUM

90% solo, 10% floyd

usually sticks with the floyd hits, so expect WYWH and Money, that's basically it

Run Like Hell is much better than the studio version.

I liked the tour so much I took the performances out of it, turned it into FLAC, made it transition into each other and now I listen to that instead of the album

is this from the Us + Them tour?

his setlist for that is pretty much

Speak to Me/Breathe (DSOTM)
One of These Days (Meddle)
Time (w/ Breathe (Reprise)) (DSOTM)
The Great Gig in the Sky (DSOTM)
Welcome to the Machine (WYWH)
When We Were Young (from latest album)
Déjà Vu (from latest album)
The Last Refugee (from latest album)
Picture That (from latest album)
Wish You Were Here (WYWH)
Happiest Days of our Lives (The Wall)
Another Brick Pt. 2 (The Wall)
Another Brick Pt. 3 (The Wall)
Dogs (Animals)
Pigs - Three Different Ones (Animals)
Money (DSOTM)
Us and Them (DSOTM)
Smell the Roses (from latest album)
Brain Damage (DSOTM)
Eclipse (DSOTM)
Vera (The Wall)
Bring the boys back home (The Wall)
Comfortably Numb (The Wall)

his tour this year has like 90% of dark side and 75% of the wall, couple songs from his latest album too

Cool thanks. I won't get judged for going alone right?

50% of the audience will be men in their 30s-50s going alone

yours? I agree!

>Work up the courage to go to a Roger Waters concert alone
>I turn up a couple minutes late
>As I walk into the event, the whole crowd turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole event laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After the concert, the entire audience mobs me in the hallway
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins go to concerts alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing their drinks and candy and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Security comes by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Security joins in, start using supersoakers to shoot artificial butter at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in soda, butter, and bits of candy
>Black guy goes "NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!"
>Crowd finally disperses
>Roger Waters comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir

>head to Roger Waters alone
>whole stadium is dark, barely find my way to seat
>strangely, all the seats around me are empty
>sit down with my popcorn
>tremendous floodlight completely blinds me, can barely even see
>tremendous human form with what looks like multiple heads approaches me, skin ragged and twisted from what look like burns all over the faces of the two headed giant
>booming voice begins over microphone
>"GET A LOAD OF THIS GUY, DID HE COME ALONE?"
>"DIDN'T HE HEAR ABOUT THE NO SINGLES POLICY?"
>air siren goes off
>giant lifts me into the air
>immediately stripped of my clothing and belongings
>voice booms over intercom again, dragged to centre of arena
>circles and circles of beautiful 10/10 aryan couples in white robes in audience
>"IN PLATO'S SYMPOSIUM, ARISTOPHANES SPOKE HOW MAN WAS CLOVEN IN TWAIN, GIVEN THAT IN HIS ORIGINAL FORM HE WAS TOO POWERFUL AGAINST THE GODS. MAN WAS DOOMED TO SPEND LIFE IN SEARCH OF HIS OTHER HALF."
>a bag descends over my face, knocked unconscious
>wake up on stage an hour later, tied to a cross and covered head to toe in superglue
>another floodlight pierces the brooding darkness in the stadium
>oh god
>its another single NEET tied to a cross
>tremendous mechanical apparatus spanning the length of the stadium slowly pushes the crosses together
>superglue is industrial, we can't even move without our skin tearing and ripping, we can't even walk without extreme agony
>we're left to try and crawl towards the exit
>life has become pure and immense agony, I start vomiting and my fused partner is too close to avoid getting it in his mouth, he vomits in reflex and we just vomit back and forth until we're just spitting up stomach acid and dry heaving
>spend many long days searching the dark hallways of the stadium, searching for an exit
>slowly disfigured by the stomach acid as it irritates and warps our skin
>become a warped flesh golem, life is hell and death
>take it out on other singles

yeah you'll be fine

>his post is dubs and not singles
what sorcery is this

Okay, so I'm listening to this album for the first time and I'm about halfway through. Musically, it's really good, but what the fuck is with all the Donald Trump references? Really taking me out of the music.

Fuck off Roger.

Really great, maybe even better than AtD

Theres like only a couple you puss

don't take it as partisanship
he said most of the same shit about Obama and has always attacked pretty much all heads of state

I really don't care about the politics either way, but it completely dates the album and seems a little tasteless. I doubt the title track will have a shelf-life once Trump is gone.

This is beautiful

Focus more on what is being said rather than who is saying it "No chaos"

Rogers did the same in The Final Cut, doesn't sound dated either way.

he did the same thing with the final cut and the falkland islands tho
he's always been a bit too directly political

the only person that'll be fucking off is you, Sup Forumstard.

Rog legitimately made the album of the year. Stay butthurt.

>FUCK TRUMP AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE!

what did he mean by this?

Dammit Rog, play "The Final Cut" and "What God Wants".

>I doubt the title track will have a shelf-life once Trump is gone.
I really don't get why people keep saying this.
there's a lot of old songs that directly reference current events or other dated stuff (telephone operators come to mind) in the lyrics, and if they did age badly it wasn't because of those lyrics. it's not like it's hard to google context for an old song in the first place
Trump's election is a historic moment. these kinds of protest songs will have as much historic value as, say, the lyrics in Deceit by This Heat have

This actually was the worst fucking cringe shit I've EVER heard

Even worse than I've expected. 0/10

>Toothless hags, super models, actors, fags, bleeding hearts
how did he get away with this?

pigs (three different kinds) is about three very specific British politicians that nobody cares about anymore, and yet here we are still enjoying it.

Because it's enjoyable without the context, and only enhanced by it. Is This The Life We Really Want? STARTS OUT with a quote from Donald Trump. That's why it's going to be dated in 4 years.

Or less

>worst fucking cringe shit

What's cringe shit about it? It's raw and genuine, the way music picks up is great.

The fuck? Have you seen the setlist for like past 3 tours? It's more like 90% Floyd and couple songs from the solo albums

>"What God Wants"

le two scoops

fuck this is a fantastic setlist

>fantastic setlist
>nothing from Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, Radio KAOS, or Amused to Death

Sure, pal

>nothing from his shit albums
yeah I said it was a fantastic setlist

You've gotta be kidding. Pros and Cons is a shit album? I'll admit that KAOS is pretty dated, but Amused to Death has some pretty decent material on it.

Kek

What are some good songs on Hitchhiking? I listened to it a while back the only song I kept was Go Fishing

The Wall back in 2012.
Best concert i've ever attended.

True

Go Fishing is a good track. Every Stranger's Eyes, Sexual Revolution, and The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking Part 10 would be nice to hear.

Pros and Cons is my favorite Waters album

pretty much every other lyric in The Final Cut is "fuck you margaret thatcher" and it doesn't make it feel dated at all. A ton of The Smiths songs trash her too, and those don't feel dated because of it either. Unless you're a retard who needs music to be in a bubble I can't think of any reason why any references to world leaders, especially the president of the United States (and definitely one as controversial as Trump) would make the album feel dated. It's not like he's referencing fidget spinners or the latest meme-rap hit or whatever is popular nowadays that will be forgotten about in the next 6 months, it's Trump, particularly what he represents rather than the man himself. Like him or not he'll be remembered for years to come.

I genuinely think people who are complaining about the new Roger Waters album being "too political" either have never listened to Pink Floyd/Roger Waters' solo albums or are just saying that because he's not being political about stuff they believe. I don't know which one is worse, but it's stupid regardless. I don't agree with a ton of shit Roger Waters thinks but that doesn't stop me from enjoying his music. I don't give a shit about BLM but if I hear a rapper talking about police violence it doesn't make me recoil and immediately post ">"FUCK WHITE PEOPLE" what did he mean by this?" on a thread about him. People need to grow up and stop treating politics like the Super Bowl where they root for 1 of 2 teams and have this "if you're not with me you're my enemy" mentality. And that applies to both liberals and conservatives. It's stupid and just divides the country further. Were things like this when Obama was elected? I can't remember. Regardless I really hope shit cools down soon because I miss the days when the president wasn't making headlines on a regular basis.

>I genuinely think people who are complaining about the new Roger Waters album being "too political" either have never listened to Pink Floyd/Roger Waters' solo albums or are just saying that because he's not being political about stuff they believe.

hit the nail on the head