Can Sup Forums even explain thoroughly why this is a good album and worth listening to?

or will i find a bunch of good ol mems posted below? :)

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a personal album but not in the way you expect. It's not biography. It's a record of images, associations, and threads; no single word describes it so well as the beautiful and overused "kaleidoscope." It has the cracked logic of a dream, beginning with "King of Carrot Flowers Part 1". The easiest song on the record to like on first listen, it quietly introduces the listener to the to the album's world, Mangum singing in a muted voice closer to where he left off with the more restrained On Avery Island (through most of Aeroplane he sounds like he's running out of time and struggling to get everything said). The first four words are so important: "When you were young..." Like every perceptive artist trafficking in memory, Mangum knows dark surrealism to be the language of childhood. At a certain age the leap from kitchen utensils jammed into dad's shoulder to feet encircled by holy rattlesnakes is nothing. A cock of the head; a squint, maybe.

Inside this dream it all begins in the body. Moments of trauma, joy, shame-- here they're all experienced first as physical sensation. A flash of awkward intimacy is recalled as "now how I remember you/ how I would push my fingers through your mouth/ to make those muscles move." Sometimes I hear this line and chuckle. I think of Steve Martin in The Jerk, licking Bernadette Peters' entire face as a sign of affection. Mangum here reflects the age when biological drives outpace the knowledge of what to do with them, a time you're seeing sex in everything ("semen stains the mountaintops") or that sex can be awkward and unintentionally painful ("fingers in the notches of your spine" is not what one usually hopes for in the dark). Obsessed as it is with the textures of the flesh and the physical self as an emotional antenna, listening to Aeroplane sometimes seems to involve more than just your ears.

it's simple and accessible, but very sad and powerful because of Jeff Mangnum's delivery

i fuck with the lyrics heavy. Two Headed Boy part 2 can make me tear up if i'm in the right mood

Two headed boy part 2 is easily my favorite song from the album

Funeral > ITAOTS

>Two headed boy part 2
unironically I can't help but tear up when I hear it

my opinion > ur opinion

this album changed my life. i've bought my very first guitar because i wanted to be like my the greatest authority - Jeff Mangum

Only tasteless faggots like Arcade Fire

mode?

agreed user. both the song itself hits hard and all the memories I have built into it and the album don't help the case. I love it

it sucks. very simple music, the guy's voice is meh and it sounds like he's trying too hard almost like he's doing a parody, pretentious lyrics about anne frank, repetitive and boring songs

cant stand this album

>le music needs to be complex to be good meme

I haven't been on this board much for a few years but it was really close to my heart for a while. I'm glad this album is still getting memed. Do you guys still say inside is yellow? :)

Oh comely is tied

>Can Sup Forums even explain thoroughly why this is a good album and worth listening to?
It's not.

>and in my dreams you're alive

Funeral: Decent 9/10
ITAOTS: 10/10

>BROTHER SEE WE ARE ONE IN THE SAME
>AND YOU LEFT WITH YOUR HEAD FILLED WITH FLAMES
>AND YOU WATCHED AS YOUR BRAINS FELL OUT THROUGH YOUR TEETH
>PUT THE PIECES IN PLACE
>MAKE YOUR SMILE SWEET TO SEE
>DON'T YOU TAKE THIS AWAY
>I'M STILL WANTING MY FACE ON YOUR CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

my favorite part of funeral is

ALEXANDER

OUR OLDER BROTHER

I love that part more than anything on aeroplane, but as a whole aeroplane is better

Holy shit how can one poster be so wrong