ITT: Overrated Albums

Love Bowie, but I think this album is completely overrated in every sense. I think it's way too poppy and flamboyant with Changes (very overrated track), Life on Mars (same thing), Kooks is a horrible track in every aspect. Most of the tracks follow that trend. I think it lacks grit and is too easygoing.

The only song that I like is Quicksand, it's a great track. Sure there are some okay or decent tracks, but I don't think it's a masterpiece like every person on Sup Forums thinks. Like I said, it's a pop album that most songs lack any grit and is too flamboyant

>can't into Life on Mars
>can't into Kooks

holy shit just off yourself contrarian fag

I think Life on Mars is just tired at this point, and again is too flamboyant. As for Kooks, I don't know how you can even defend that song in any aspect. It's a completely terrible pop song for everything that it is

Kooks is a catchy, fun song and I like it pal.

As I said, it's too sweet and accessible. It's no different than any other pop song

It may not be different from a lot of other pop songs, but it's a damn good pop song. Your criticism of it being "too accessible" makes zero sense as well. Why would Bowie, being a pop singer at the time, want to make something super inaccessible?

sounds like you're trying really hard to say you like music thats "not for everybody"

OMG it sounds like pop i can't listen to it now its too accessible :'(

It doesn't have to be "inaccessible" but it's just so simple and easy to listen to that it's too sweet, tedious, and annoying. Maybe accessible is the wrong word, but it's completely unoriginal for music standards. Especially for an artist like Bowie who wanted to challenge and innovate popular music standards

Knowing that it was written for his son helps me appreciate it much more
I really like it for what it is

hunky dory was considered weird when it came out thought

this might come as a surprise to you, but it's possible that people like it for the reasons you dislike it

>overrated
>poppy
>flamboyant
>lacks grit
>easygoing

Wow this is some great music criticism!

That's a dumb way to put it, because there's no such thing as music that's for everyone. I criticise this album because it's mostly unchallenging, simple, and I don't emotionally connect with it. It caters to pop music structures and tones and I find that boring. And that's my opinion, sorry you don't agree with it. Also, I like popular music too, even as a Bowie fan enforces that notion

I like pop music, but I think this album is too simple and unchallenging that it's boring and easygoing that I don't emotionally invest in. Not every album I listen to is "inaccessible" but this is too accessible where there's no stakes for me to care or be challenged by. There's simply nothing interesting

>albums must 'have grit' to be good

I know and I really don't care, I don't think it's a good song because it isn't.
Cool, I find it too be too sweet and unchallenging that I don't find it interesting.
You can say that about anything, that's why we have opinions.
Sorry for expressing my opinion about something that you like, my mistake. How should I state it in which you agree with?

>poppy
>flamboyant

Sure you like Bowie?

Weird, I think eit's one of his best.

I'm sorry, what music do you listen to? Do you listen to music that's just about sunshine and rainbows?

I was thinkinf the same. Those two words define Bowie.

I do, but it takes those qualities to the album's utmost forefront. I think it's too poppy and flamboyant because it is.