Get religion out of politics. And Trump too while we're at it!!

The ONLY thing appealing about Trump is that he really isn't all that religious.
We don't need another religious nut job like George W Bush, who claimed to have spoken with God. Gimme a break. Where's the separation of Church and State, when religion is a prerequisite to run for higher office. Do you think that any atheist would be taken seriously?
No. You've got to be a religious, married, family man....or woman.
nytimes.com/2016/04/06/business/economy/trumps-rise-shows-religion-is-losing-its-political-power.html?_r=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=folTvNDL08A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This guy is right. We should make murder legal so I can kill him. Fuck that religious commandment and fuck Moses.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom from religion, you fedora tipping faggot.

what do these have to do with separation of church and state.

are you one of those people who think that a 3000 year old book is the only thing keeping us from societal chaos? come on user, you're better than that.

>fuck Moses.

agreed

That's pretty Euphoric OP

The prevailing religion in society is statolatry.

And it's rampant. So I'm with you, let's give up on the idea that the government is a deity.

white genetics are the only thing keeping us from societal chaos

black countries are hellholes

>actually thinking prohibition of murder started with the ten commandments

>the cavemen had codified laws against murder

lol at this faggot

you should apprecciate he is not muslim at least. Seems like very logical tacticks: majority of americans are christians isn't it?
Here it's even worse, government funds church

i disagree i believe that black culture is inferior the genetics may only explain a small fraction of the issue but even if it did you would be able to point to which genes are responsible for their inferiority. i am not aware of any such studies that do this. until then i will have to settle with their inferior culture ruined by drugs and fatherless black children.

A lot probably did, at least within groups, but we know the Sumerians did by like 2000 BC

how do you explain africa then

they have low divorce rates and drug use and it's still a giant shithole

I don't want a guy without some level of basic moral values running my country.
Also if you think life is an accident, or the creation of this universe from nothing is, you're retarded

You tell em Cletus we need da Jesus heyuh heyuh heyuh!!!!!

Thankfully your opinion is worth shit

>herp derp all southerners are dumb rednecks
nice anti-white propaganda you fag

Hey cuck, you like reality, right? Well what's your opinion on biological differences between races?

less developed perhaps, not all of Africa is quite as bad as you probably think it is. plus they have way more mudslimes and many of the blacks are mudslimes themselves which i also view as an inferior culture/method of thinking. Nigeria which is predomanantly christian has some industry and is doing well compared to its muslim neighbors.

Don't worry, soon there will be a President Caytlin Jenner

Hillbilly, not a redneck.

Why do you people even bother posting here? It's just annoying at this point honestly it just makes me jaded desu to think that cuckolds like you are so abundant.

In scientific philosophy there's something called demarcation. this might be an accurate statement if not for the extremely ambiguous definition of science that currently exists. If we accept that science is only that which can follow the scientific method, that still leaves us with all of the science that is wrong (most of it),

then do we accept the conclusions based on which philosophy? a philosophy that suggests the universe creates itself? That matter comes from nothing? That thought and free will are illusions, that our brain's are tricking us?

Most science is not "reality", in fact suggesting that it is equatable demonstrates ignorance of the core concepts of science. There is no proof, absolutes, guarantees, promises, or facts in science. By any definition, what we call the oort cloud? Magical thinking? What about star formation? it takes the energy of untold numbers of stars exploding to put one together? is that magical thinking? What about this so called gravitational "fabric", we're supposed to believe a weak force holds planets together that spin on a fabric? or the hundreds of other suggestions to accomodate mathematics that cannot be empirically verified?

Thou shall not murder /= thou shall not kill

You don't murder a fly, you kill a fly.

The commandment states that is indeed wrong to kill an INNOCENT person, without a valid reason.

Jesus, aren't you americans supposed to be the fervently religious ones?

Watch this. Talks about demarcation an beyond. It's absolutely beautiful however materialistic, spiritual or religious you are.
youtube.com/watch?v=folTvNDL08A

TL;DR: Science is good explanation, as in hard to vary.

and valid reasons according to the bible include but are not limited to:
>adultery
>being gay
>blasphemy
>talking back to your father (showing disrespect in general i think)
>being a first born son of egypt
>not being a virgin on your wedding night
>teasing a prophet about his bald head (just why this of all things.)
>if you ox kills another person.

this list is pretty long but this is most of them.
honestly i dont know why christians dont practice these anymore the world would be a better place with less firstborn sons of egypt.

I'm not saying science is bad or that it is not sufficient to explain certain phenomena,

its when you BELIEVE that science explains phenomena in absolutes and that science is adequate and necessary to explain non-empirical phenomena, by which any definition of scientific methodology makes clear it cannot do.

so when David Deutsch starts out his ted talk by musing about humans 100,000 years ago, he's misrepresenting science because he doesn't know if there were any humans 100k years ago and even if there were he has no idea what they are thinking or their motivations. He certainly doesn't know that they all lived in caves.

You find ten caves, you count radioactive isotopes, you somehow conclude everyone was living in caves based on a date you cannot corroborate without at least half a dozen premises that we simply don't know how to verify.

this is not even a clever argument, you have to have actually read the bible to understand when and how any of those are applicable.

First, just because the bible recounts a murder or death, does not mean its condoning it or even suggesting it.

second, before you grabbed stones to kill a faggot, there were checks and balances. First you had to have 2 witnesses. then they had to be tried and testified against in front of the elders at the gate of the city. Bearing false witness is one of the ten commandments, so this was not taken lightly.

Then of course, you have to understand the hierarchy of Law. Three requirements, the first is justice, the second is obedience and the last is mercy. God said he requires obedience above justice and mercy above all else. It's preferable, according to the law, to have mercy but that is up to the person, elders and people to decide. Just because we have a death penalty, doesn't mean every murderer gets put to death.

and there is a reason we don't take every word in the bible literally.

Honestly i think that the sooner we start to take the Christianity as a phylosophical or spiritual way of life, the better. (Much like buddhist do).

I mean, we already reformed our faith once, can't we do it again?

So close. Keep on watching, mate.

He explains why empiricism (as in knowledge comes from the senses, human or machine) is completely false.

But back then was necessary to fight authority of the ruler may it be kings, gods, elders, parents etc.

also this

Remember that Jesus preached that the most important value (and the most difficult to pursue) is mercy

because he believes in the equivalent of solipsism. You are looking at the logical end of the delusional materialist.

A requirement of materialism is that there are no disembodied or 'unnatural' elements, therefore everything must be the product of the mind. This of course leads directly into a refutation of all science. It is the same problem that philosophers have had with solipsism. If we cannot trust reality, and according to him we can't, then we cannot trust the stability of reality so there is nothing to test against.

This idea has been around for a very, very long time. And its always rejected because it doesn't fit with the gaping hole that only an objective reality fills.

>Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist.
Lol that's not what he's saying. I must admit it took me multiple views to be convinced or even break my misconception of what science is or isn't.

Did you get to the explanation of seasons? Difference between Ancient Greeks' explanation and science's?

Oh, btw. He knows the limits of science gleefully. For example what's scientific discovery are we gonna find next, how many birds in flight on Earth right now, etc. But that's another video.

1. the bible condones and even supports killing and rape though it is reserved almost exclusively for non believers.

>second, before you grabbed stones to kill a faggot, there were checks and balances. First you had to have 2 witnesses. then they had to be tried and testified against in front of the elders at the gate of the city. Bearing false witness is one of the ten commandments, so this was not taken lightly.
never implied their was no ritual or trial involved not sure why that even matters since they are all still valid reasons for a death sentence according to the bible.

> Just because we have a death penalty, doesn't mean every murderer gets put to death.
kinda irrelevant. some one was probably stoned for the above reasons. just because it doesn't happen to everyone who commits these crimes doesnt mean they are still good reasons. i was merely trying to be cheeky cunt and poke fun at the bible. that post wasnt really meant as an argument.