Has anyone here ever had an insightful psychedelic/mystical experience?

has anyone here ever had an insightful psychedelic/mystical experience?

bumping with art

b

Every time I did acid I wanted to learn something from it. What I learned, each and every time was: "quit doing acid and act like a grown up."

why do you think that was

One dropped what i thought was acid started foaming at mouth convulsing on ground thinking it was 1960 waiting for my phone to be invented so i could call ambo

i guess you'll know to test it first next time hey

Nah 21/10 best trip

Maybe it told me what I didn't want to admit to myself. Maybe it was guilt. Either way I've followed through. No illicit drugs, which has also made me drift away from the people I was doing them with. That turned out to be a good thing too. I can't say for sure whether I would have figured it out on my own, but I'm not unhappy that I took acid.

do you think it'd be something you'd want to revisit now that you've got your shit together? (i assume) or would you be open to experimenting with other psychs? given that not having your shit together is a root cause of not having a great time with these chemicals

Bro took acid yesterday and thats all i though for like 3 hours was i was a piece of shit for being 20 and taking acid... Time to start adulting.
Acid can be worth it, but there are bad trips.
>be me
>taking acid with bros and bros girl
>trip starts up and I'm getting pulled out of my body
>full out of body experience plus i thought by the end of the night i was dead/gonna die
>most of the night is a complete blur
>at some point tell my buddies girl that's she was my soul mate or some shit.
>have no memory of this saying this
Feelsbadman lost some good friends over that one

I have a few stories.
Can't green text on my phone. I post a quick short story.

4-5 months ago
I went over to a friend place to chill and smoke weed.
There five of us. One of my friends that gets weed time to time comes around.
We are sitting around the guy chops up and backs a cone.
He asks for me to have the first hit.
I'm down with it.
Pull a cone. Holy shit. This is some strong ass weeds.

continue?

yeh go ahead man

why would taking acid make you less of an adult?

I was done.
That shit hit me like a brick wall.
I sit back in the couch
Boom everything was going slow-mo
First thing I noticed was the lights flickering.
Just sitting there light beaming through this glass tube.
Pulsating wave of light.
I'm trying to talk and noticed my body trying to catch up.
I try to jolt my eyes around the room.
My eyes a slowly moving from up to right.
I pull my gaze to the tv.
I'm setting there looking at the tv drawing a new image line by line.

At this point time is slowly speed up.
I realised that I was playing GTA5.
I was still waiting for a online match.
I tell my friends everything is moving sooo slowly.
As I was talking, I could hear me echoing when I talk.
I pick up the controller and start driving around on a motorbike on the game.

It's mostly the cultural connotations that the drugs have and not so much the drugs themselves. Psych enthusiast are always saying that there's no necessary reason that psychs are illegal... Which is true. But then again there's no reason to wear clothes (in temperate climates), there's no reason that women have long hair and men have short hair, and the list is it goes on. I see no need to. There's nothing special about them. They're just not something I need. I've tried the gamete and in all quantities. I think I've had my fill.

It's just kind of implicit. You never hear of the father of four, 45 years old, who's been a lineman for 25 off years dropping acid.

yeh i agree with the first half of that, fair enough though do what works for you

pretty sure the use of psychedelics is alive and well in silicon valley
also joe rogan kinda fits that category

SWIM has had an experience similar, With some really strong green

quite a few people have led successful lives and have taken these substances through out their lives, have to get over that propaganda that implies that this isn't possible

same here, enjoyed it for a while but got over it

Went over to a friend place they just moved into a house.
Bring alcohol and 3 tabs of acid I had left, so I bring that as well.
We are all sitting around a fire.
I get asked if I wanted ecstasy.
I got yeah sure. I go anyone want acid.
2 of my friends so yeah sure. I pull apart.
We take them and my friend who asked if I wanted a tablet goes gets me one back inside.
She comes back gives me a pill.
And she jokes about giving her mother one as well.
We all laugh.
I die to dry swallow the pill with out the tab. Worst choice tab before a pill.

About 40-60 minutes goes past I need a few more beers. So I go to the refrigerator.
Friend of mine that had a tab of acid goes for a walk inside.
We go in the fridge in shred.
Friend mother and her friend are looking around.
We were like what you looking for?
He goes a lsd tab.
I asked what's does it look like.
He goes a it's a small blue price of paper.
Spend the next 20-30 mins looking for a piece of blue paper in this pile of furniture that sitting in shred waiting to get moved inside.
He tries to pull a cigarette out.
Finds acid.
Me and my friend and other friends mother just spent all that time tripping balls. Looking for acid

I've tripped with my parents bro... They are in their late 50's.

It's all about your perception of who you are and what you are doing. I don't view it as a recreational thing myself, but that doesn't mean it can't be for someone who has a mindset that would allow use on a regular basis without impeding a responsible lifestyle.

Sort of. 5 years ago. I post it on x now and then. Ill be happy share now if anyone is interested.

I met an arcturian.

I can assure 100% this is the truth of what i experienced word for word, detail for detail. At the time i was also under heavy stress, anxiety, i was mentally unwell, and poorly slept and unhealthy, so i cant guarantee it wasnt a series of hallucinations, delusions, and insane coincidences.

I am a strong critical thinker, so the rational mind in me says its the latter. But when you experience something so profound its hard to accept it isnt true. And so I believe.

Interested?

One time while robo-tripping I tried to clear my mind... I imagined this must be what being dead feels like, if there isn't an afterlife. I felt absolute peace. I stayed in that moment for what I thought was 5 minutes, but when I opened my eyes, 6 hours had passed.

Since that experience, I am not afraid of death, only that I may have unfinished business before I go.

Fun fact: real LSD will still work just the same if you swallow it as if you do it sublingually. There may be a slight reduction in time of onset but that is all.

Comparatively, most 'similar' drugs that can also fit in blotter-sized doses (such as the nBOME family and I believe DOC) are destroyed by stomach acid. So if you ever want to know if what you have is real, you can just swallow a couple and if it works its legit.

Tripped with my dad when he was 66

Cool thanks.

Same here. Death is not nearly as frightening as it used to be.

I'll bite user,

Had to google arcturian though.

Tell me you experience

felt like i was fighting for my soul when battling this on DMT in 1999.

SWIM had a pretty intense trip on shrooms my last year of high school.

I wasn't afraid of death for the following 6 months, however it slowly crept back in on what I assume is a case of being sober (mainly, Pot and DXM doesn't count)

I've had some insights in my life about things I should change. I'm a lazy bastard though so I haven't really changed those things, just a bit more conscious about them.

I once (thought) I figured out the meaning of life during a trip. Forgot it 3 seconds later.

Tripping is fun but it hasn't really been spiritual or mystical for me.

> (thought) I figured out the meaning of life during a trip. Forgot it 3 seconds later.

Me every time I smoke

"A drug is only what you bring to it" -- Terrence McKenna

If you're stupid, don't expect much.

It's cool, isn't it? Not quite like tripping with other people.

Felt very serene, the realization that we were a pure expression of nature in that moment.

I had a bad trip before.
Get super high.
Exit body
Start to feel smaller and smaller.
Enter a atomic level of small
Keep going
Deeper and deeper
Goes from colourful
To black
To a white void
A void of nothing but a large black door
Feel a bad urge
Freak out
See everything in reverse
Wake up
100% clear mind
Spend next 6 months dealing with existential crisis. Trying find a meaning to anything

Funnily enough I was musing the idea of getting my dad some pot for his 70th yesterday.

He's so staunch though so I dunno how he'd react to his only kid buying him what he (I imagine) considers a life ruining substance

Meh, people ruin their own lives.

But yeah, there was a time where I was the one with the hookups bringing home weed for the house, and my parents just felt terrible about it. Only happened a few times, thereafter I just had to go get it with my own cash and let them come in and smoke off it whenever.

because of acid I now know butter is way better than margarine

I saw thru the bullshit.

I come to the same insightful psychedelic conclusion every time I do acid as my mind tends to wander to the same place.

Free will is the true opponent of world peace. Differences in opinion ruin any hope of avoiding future conflicts and appealing to the benevolent nature of man is merely an attempt to rein in the consequences of free will.

Today a young man in acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

I took some acid in the desert in Nevada, and felt as though my consciousness was travelling through time and space. I felt the presence of God, a supreme cosmic force channeled through the tops of mountains. I'm not really religious, but I've certainly felt a divine presence.

I tried eating a cheap chocolate egg during a trip and all I could taste was refined sugar and a somewhat chemically taste.

Only eat quality chocolate now

Where's that from? Originally

I know it from that one Tool song

That first sentence is true. (You) as you know it is always travelling through time and space.

Twice. Now i'm diagnosed with schizo. Feelsbadman.jpg

>take acid in the badlands
>3 am walking down the road with my friends in the middle of nowhere
>all of reality becomes moving images on the wall of a hemispheric room that my consciousness inhabits
>keep telling my friends I'm in the room
>whatever dude.jpg
>I'm on 6 tabs they're all on 2
>puke everwhere and lay down in the road
>they're shooting Roman candles everywhere
>wtffffffffff.jpg
>no time seems to pass and were back at the campsite
>sun is coming up
>I'm filthy and for some reason my shirt has no sleeves
>air in my car for two hours
>completely dehydrated but can't make myself get water
>sit there convinced I have schitzofrenia now
>smoke a shit ton of weed and drive to town
>turned out to be a pretty chill next day

same here Sup Forumsro

Holy shit.

Took some acid and ended up staying awake for 5 days barely eating anything thinking I was Jesus and then the Pope. The spirit that I felt was unlike anything I had felt before. There were a ton a sign that all made sense to me. Ended up calling my GF while I was in Pope-mode and she was in Florida and rambled on and ended up breaking up with her or something. I could not communicate all entirely of what I was experiencing effectively to other people. Ended up doing a bunch of tests ( EEG, MRI) to make sure my brain wasnt fucked or anything. I never told anyone it was because of acid. So I internalized everything and was hospitalized for 5 days and was diagnosed with Schizo Affective Disorder. A mood disorder for not saying shit to anyone.

Nice story user

I wish I could experience what it's like to be jesus.

minus the side effects afterwards

Bill Hicks

Somebody here would call you a Jew, whip you, crucify you and penetrate you with a spear, you kinkyfag

Sex on acid is like a never ending ejaculation it changed my life

Is it weird if i have a boner right now?

Nope, it would be queer if you didn't.

That slow vibration you described really brought be back to a crazy 3 tab trip i had haha

The biggest insight i had was that
Acid doesn't teach you anything but tripping is definitely a learning opportunity. Every trip is the same though.

drink 400-800 mg of dxm worth of delsym

make sure dextromethorphan polystyrex is the only active ingredient

That's a large amount of DXM

I couldn't stomach it

you'd be surprised, the polystyrex stuff is delayed release and doesn't seem to cause much nausea

also measure out like 100 mg at a time about 20-30 minutes apart to give your stomach more time to adjust. as an added bonus, you won't blow through the earlier plateaus quite so fast either

yes. not a lot of point discussing it though, by its nature it's pretty impossible to communicate, just something you need to experience. I guess I'll just say there are a lot of analogs with the spiritual experiences described by buddhist and christian monks, among others.

also I don't think alex grey's art has much to do with the experience, or at least communicates it ineffectively. it's basically a bunch of hippie acid trip new age cliches.

I want more trippy lolis.

>Every trip is the same though.
definitely not. set and setting lead to lots of different experiences on lsd.

Fuck it... After work in about 18 hours im gonna get a couple bottles of dxm on the way home and have a good ol trip

Maybe ill make a thread

Most profound experience to have

don't forget to drink plenty of water

also turning all the lights off and adventuring around your house with a weak flashlight is the fucking best, do it

no, I've just drugged myself retarded.

was into drugs, grew up, realize that I wasnt getting smart, I was just becoming an idiot so fast I thought it was fun.

That... Actually sounds pretty cool of an idea

I tripped face on St. Patrick's Day, 2013 sort of on a whim and it changed my life forever.

Never before had my inner insecurities and demons manifested into a situation that was so blunt and revealing too me that it totally opened up a new chapter in my life with identifying and overcoming my own shortcomings.

The event that triggered that sort of epiphany for me that night was so coincidental that it was comical, and of course it happens to me while I'm tripped out on acid. The night on the whole was terrifying/fun, but the next morning, wading through a flooded basement (it poured all night) I realized that my life was now heading in a new direction.

One of the most pivotal and important nights of my life, for sure. Sure I thought I saw shit like aliens on drugs, my past lives being revealed to me in this cosmic sorta DNA double-helix ladder thing, group/hive think collaborating in this weird auric field, and I was convinced that these two girls behind me at STS9 could read my mind.

Looking back on it it was both equal parts bad/good in the moment, but what I took away from it is priceless to my advancement as a person.

11/10 experience.

So now I sort of see the world as a shimmering pattern of soul strings that are connecting everything.

i almost broke through on DMT and when i closed my eyes, all i saw was a ceiling of circles. VERY similar to this pic. just not in a circular formation it was more horizontal. sort of like a horizontal mural of spheres and shit. i felt like if i had one more hit i would have shot through. everything was vibrating and it felt like i was a shuttle preparing for launch.

Was on around 400ug of LSD when I had seen a kaleidoscopic night sky of nothing but purple/blue hued eyes. All looking at me then looking up towards the center from which they were positioned. Spooked the fuck out of me, ran back inside the house and was looking outside like a deer in headlights.

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”

“The purpose of life is to familiarize oneself with this after-death body so that the act of dying will not create confusion in the psyche.”

Something like this, but much more. Very Alex Grey-esque. Ended up getting my first tattoo in honor of the experience.

In the 80s me and my buddies got enough oxygen tanks to last us 10 hours and went scuba diving on acid in a shallow corral reef. I remember getting in a current and all the fish flying by looked like stars and I thought I was in space. It was perfectly peaceful just drifting through the good watching galaxies collide. I also remember grabbing onto a sea turtle close to the end of the trip and holding onto it and it slowly turned into a dragon until eventually it flew out of the water and dropped me off at the beach of the resort we were staying at. My friends found me on the beach with no scuba gear whatsoever just a wetsuit. That was when I was 25 and since then I have been living life happily and have a family.

I want that lateralus tattoo

Hey, i remember you

Alex Jones used to be really cool.

then he got a web show

Alex Jones

No, because there's no such thing. You're all degenerate drains on society and you should be castrated so you don't breed.

I've been around. My story is kind of different. Kind of cool you remember it. You always come around these psychedelic threads. What's your story?