*listens to Sgt Pepper's once*

*listens to Sgt Pepper's once*

is this album any good?

*listens to satanic request once(

Did you know The Beatles are actually on that album?

(Well the 3-D version of the record cover)

One of my favorite Stones albums. When Brian Jones did psychedelic and got a hold of a Mellotron he did more interesting things than The Beatles.

>see 2000 Light Years from Home

I like it, but it does have some annoying "omg so EXPERIMENTAL" moments, like that long ass 8 minute jam. 2000 Man is one of their best songs desu

The problem is that The Stones weren't on The Beatles' level at this point, so they weren't really thinking in terms of full albums. The album has some *really* good cuts like "She's a Rainbow" and "2000 Light Years From Home," but it still has filler.

The Stones didn't really fully-transition into AOR until their next album.

So it's mostly an underrated oddity.

Yeah. With bullet holes in their images.

non-blues stones are awful but in another land and she's a rainbow are pretty good

The best Stones is transition Stones *right* after Brian Jones died. When they went fully blues they got kinda' cheesy.

Exile on Main St kindly disagrees with you

Well they had Gram Parsons there to help them out with that one.

I don't remember seeing any bullet holes. I'll have to double check that and go over it with a magnifying glass.

the stones really piss me off with all their faggotry. second rate to the very fucking end

I liked what Andy Partridge said about TSMR:

>I heard "Citadel," and thought, "Wow! That's fantastic." I though the music was kind of weirdly brutal -- because the Stones couldn't really do psychedelia, and that's why I love that album. It's a fantastic, magnificent failure. You know, the roses and the flowers are all decidedly plastic [chuckles], and the vibes aren't really good -- they're kind of troubling. And the drugs, you sense, are a bit more dangerous than some low-powered weed.

>But when I heard "Citadel" I was really impressed. What struck me on repeated listenings were what I could hear of the lyrics, which had sort of a sci-fi content. Phrases like "Screaming people fly so fast/In their shiny metal cars/Through the woods of steel and glass." And I thought that was fantastic -- that was a perfect blend with the steely sound, the futuristic city sounds of the guitar, and the Mellotron, and god knows what else is in there -- little finger cymbals, and feedback, all that.

I sure enjoyed the hack out of it.

They're worse than second-rate right now if we're being honest, lol.

But Beggar's Banquet and Let It Bleed are GOAT.

>It's a fantastic, magnificent failure.
Perfectly put.

bump

I like this discussion

sucks that the contentious shit is always what survives

Thanks for the bump

I have no idea why this thread became an actual discussion, I was just shitposting

Keith Richards said it was a load of shit. About the Stones album he did.

>listens to roger waters once

This cover is like the aesthetic equivalent of orange juice and toothpaste to me.

It's better tho

>Rolling stones' answer to sgt pepper
>their best psych song is on beggars banquet

What, Sympathy? That song's more of an R&B take than psychedelia.

It was the first and ended up being the only stones album i ever listened to back when i wanted to get into the rolling stones

Street fighting man

Never thought of that as psychedelic per se, but I see why you say that. I think it's more that they derive from the same place

I always loved the way the stones were mixed and recorded. like 6 different instruments, all of them crappy sounding and fighting for room in the song, the guitars occaisionally peircing your ears slightly, all that analogue fuzz, and yet somehow it sounds amazing. They have the rawest sound of all time man. It was gritty just like the way they lived.

Plebs think it's similar to Peppr because of album artwork. It's more similar to Piper, if anything.

That album sounds nothing like Pepper. It's such a lazy comparison.