Why do poeple/plebs pretend this movie is any good??

Why do poeple/plebs pretend this movie is any good??

It was a fucking mess of the edition that tried to be somewhat clever with a time-paradox story, but it just ended up being a dumb plot... And what was it with the fucking close-ups!!

Doing a bad pace/editedmovie about a subject that can get hard to follow to the masses is not clever... it's called being a talentless hack.

2/10

>"you didn't get it bruh"

Agree, its utter shit

It's the best time travel movie ever made.

The dialogue in this actually feels like two guys who just discovered time travel and regularly go over the implications and their worries about using it.

Better than that Upstream Color trash

It's not that great, but Upstream Color is certified 100% KINO so I'm still looking forward to more of Shane Carruth.

shut the fuck up turbo pleb

It's the only "le trippy confusing XD" movie I've ever seen that I could believe was hard for some to follow, which I think counts for something.

If I ever have to hear another person "joke" about how "confusing" something like Inception or Memento was I think I'll blow a gasket.

>time paradox
Did you even understand what was going on? The whole point was there was no paradox, the inconsistencies you see were explained to be because the final version of the timeline had asserted itself and all they were doing in the meantime was getting to that point in increments.

It's why people think we would never know if time travel existed as we're always living inside the result of any changes, with the inconsistencies flattened away or resolved.

The most perfect time travel movie that exist is groundhog day, followed closely by back to the future and bill and ted's excellent adventure

>tfw The Modern Ocean is going to be the best American movie of the decade and we haven't seen anything from it yet

It wasn't great but once you figure everyone out it's a nice little realization moment. The did a good job with the budget they had.

2patrician For You

It's literally "why didn't they just..": the movie

Perfect for le Reddit STEM crowd

>didn't get it
>hence it's shit and people who got it are plebs

yep, it's that thread again

I didn't understand it.

I had to read the summary online

If it's not A Topiary tier I'm not interested.

>arguments

Redditors always give me a good laugh

Im not arguing.

Im just being honest. I didn't understand it on my initial viewing.

Also, doesn't Reddit like this movie, anyway?

film has terrible logic, there is nothing much to understand other then the plot
If a scientist wrote the scenario it would be logical, yet equally awful as a movie

>mfw I realize Shane Carruth is literally just what Terrence Malick would be if he was actually talented

They're literally nothing alike

If you take away the fact that it's super confusing what are you left with? A shit movie. Crappy shot composition, no sound design whatsoever, uninspired dialogue and faceless placeholder characters.

Besides, film is a communicative medium, if you construct a narrative and 90% of people don't understand it then you've done a shitty job, you have failed to communicate.

It communicates that if you were to discover time travel, it would be super confusing. That's the point of the movie

They're both people who, were they 17, would be getting As in their high school elective film classes. For different reasons. But one is a retard and one isn't.

I'll correct myself. Their films are nothing alike

what is confusing about time travel?
you can't go back in time no matter what
and forward travel is like cryosleep

if you want a pretentious movie add backward time travel with singular universe. Naturally it will confuse most people because it is not logical

Time Lapse was way better than this garbage

Man, I loved Time Lapse

I'm glad someone finally said it.

The film is fun if you're able to deal with feeling a little baffled upon first viewing.

This board is full of people who consider themselves the universal metric of of an intelligent film. It's sad.

Btw are you dyslexic? Or were you just really mad when you wrote the OP? Not judging. Honestly curious.

I'm autistic

OP's post reads like it was written by a foreigner.

Give the film another watch m8.

I watched it once and I was pretty confused at the end. It wasn't interesting enough for me to bother watching it again. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I hate the idea of a movie/show that you need to rewatch in order to really understand.

It seems like a lot of thought went into the mechanics of time travel, but I really didn't enjoy the movie.

The point is to be confused because using such a machine by two competing autists would inevitably lead to a temporal fuck up that nobody could control.