Ask a 25 yr old entrepreneur anything Sup Forums

ask a 25 yr old entrepreneur anything Sup Forums

you might learn something and stop being a neet

How did you start? I'm considering a venture but am not sure where to go to secure capital without incurring too much debt.

I bought a 400 dollar welding machine (was the last 400 dollars in my pocket) and went for it. I would not recommend "securing" any loans because you don't know if you will be successful and if you fail you will fall deep. What will your business be about?

So how many dicks did you lick to have a momentary taste of "success"?

I want to start a microbrewery in Canada. Licensing here is expensive but my main concern is getting a supplier for ingredients and having a space to make product.

I have some homebrew equipment, but it would only be enough to produce a small amount of product at a time.

>entrepreneur
>i bought a welding machine
Youre a welder

ROFL°°° yeah every son of a milkman is an "entrenpreeur" now

I'm a welding instructor and own a welding shop. You should try asking questions.
Only your moms
You should start producing a small ammount without rushing into something big. Debt is the downfall of all the businesses I have studied. They get too big and decide they can work off "futures" and "incoming profits" not solid profit.

Also don't pay attention to fools like these, 9 out of 10 think like him thats why they have to work to make someone else rich.

Nice work. Depending on;
How long ago did you start this?
Profit enough to pay all bills and save bank?

Sounds fair enough. I wanted to get a good recipe down and then contract the actual brewing out to start production at first. The problem after that is connections with vendors.

Did you consider buying your own premises when you started? What kind of costs do you face on a monthly basis?

I started this a year and a half ago. I too was a neet into mid 2013 (I was 21) and decided it was time for me to go to work. I gave up on college after finding it a waste of time because it was only going to put me into debt. I got into a welding shop and learned to weld Pipe as it is a very common trade here in Houston (USA). After working for 3 years for employers that didn't give a fuck about me and working for wages that weren't going to take me anywhere I jumped ship and opened up my own shop with some of the money I got back from my income tax. Yea, enough profit to pay all bills, I was able to save 72% of my earnings last month (23k)

I talked with a buddy of mine who owns an acre of land in the suburbs of the city, He actually lives in the acre of land with his family and had a run down shop on the limits of his land. I asked him to let me use it for the first month till I made some money to get out of there. I was fully booked a week after I started and now I actually bought the land the shop sits on plus some around it for parking. Operating costs are very small, most of my expenses come from buying Argon gas from a local supplier(saves money) and pipe from the local metal yard. Operating costs per day are usually 40 bucks a day or less, I earn about 100/hr for 8hrs the shop is open.

In that case, good congrats man!
I'm similar, yet older (30). Long story short, spent 6 months reading and learning about trading. Then 6 months applying to a demo account now on 1 year actively trading (whilst at my job, gotta love being in IT). Even though it sounds easy, that was one fucking tough road to true independence. Knocking on £17k monthly now.
All attempts to make it on your own are tough, regardless of what they are. Gratz.

I'm interested in that, as we chat I sit in a cafe in suburban Houston, I work 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours late in the afternoon and have a lot of free time in between. Online trading is something that I think would be good to do on the side, how do you recommend I start? Would you like to keep in touch? [email protected]

Thanks for your stories. I might make the move forward in a few years. Good luck with your business.

Thank you! good luck to you as well. It is hard but so rewarding.

What time do you wake up, how many hours you sleep and what is your morning routine?

I usually wake up around 5AM and check my messages on social media, a lot of the guys who are my customers (or potential customers) work night shift jobs and have the tendency to message me in the middle of the night while they ponder how to make a better living without having to be awake 12hrs ea night (or so I imagine lol). Once I do that and get back to them I usually drink a morning protein shake, I cannot for the life of me eat breakfast since it makes me want to vomit. I get to the shop around 6AM and clean up from the night before (I dont hire shop keepers save $) and then class starts at 7AM. It ends at 11AM and I usually head to the gym after that, go back home and nap for a while, wake up and buy any supplies which may be running short at the shop and then go back home if I have time and get on my ps4 for a while, my next class starts at 6pm and ends at 10pm. After that I chill, go to the bar, etc. I sleep about 5-6hrs a day.

I'm on social media ALOT, its my main source of advertisement (I dont pay a dime for it) and word of mouth comes a close second. A lot of my deals are made through facebook even before the person steps into my shop.

bump

how do come up with an idea where a) there is a market and b) somebody hasn't already thought of it?