If I copy a FLAC file to my phone will the file quality be the same?

FLAC has nothing to do with audio quality

...yes? unless you have shitty earbuds

there's literally zero chance that your IQ is above 60

Yes shitheel

Yeah I mean as in If I drag and copy a FLAC file to my phones music folder will the file quality be the same?

Nope. Most phones can't handle flac and automatically transcode it to ~256 kbps mp3.
Unless you're phone is routed/jailbroke and you have a special player

fucking pleb, all music on my phone is pcm audio

Ask Sup Forums instead

can you REALly tell the diference though

no it will degrade it significantly

Yes as long as it's copied byte-for-byte and not transcoded while copied.

What do you mean by that?

i know you are memeing but stupid question

whether or not you can tell the difference is irrelevant, the fact is compressing redbook audio into an mp3 MAKES THE WAVEFORM DIFFERENT

Putting FLACs onto a mobile device can cause serious rotational velocidensity at exponential speeds, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're running Arch for mobile.

Pretty much these. Put them on a phone and they get re-encoded and rotational velocidensity ensues, at a much faster rate than normal mind you

I am asking this seriously

I mean as long as it's actually being copied it's totally fine.

How do I copy it to my phone without it being transcoded?

Dragging and dropping should do it. What operating system are you running on your computer? You could run checksums against both files to make sure they are the same.

Stop

Windows 10

Alright, not totally sure how to do it on Windows (using GNU/Linux), but I'll try to guide you through the steps. Is there a drive letter with your phone when you plug it in?

Nope

Okay, what program are you using to transfer the files?

Side Sync because for some reason I cant transfer files when just plugging it into my computer

Probably because it uses EXT4 or some other Linux filesystem instead of NTFS. Try copying the file to the phone, and then copy the file on the phone to the computer. Name it something other than the original.

FLAC + Rocket Player

Alright did that

Okay so then open up PowerShell. You should be able to by pressing your Windows key and typing it in. Once that is open type this in: [code]Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5
Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5
[/code]

Sorry about the failed code tags, I'm normally on Sup Forums.

I can't believe you're doing so much for a retard.

Tried typing that in but I have no idea how to do that.

I doubt he's a retard, just doesn't seem to be that good with tech.

Is PowerShell open?

Yep but I don't know anything about Code

Oh don't put the [code] parts in. That is a thing you can do on Sup Forums to make it easier to read. Type in the following where the file path is something along the lines of "C:\Users\username\Music":

Do I type in the file name with the File path?

Yes.

With or without spaces on the file name?

Try putting the entire file path in quotation marks. That should work.

>PCM
bruh this isnt 1989

it is entirely relevant. what does it matter if the wave form is different if you literally can't hear the difference? are you archiving shit or something?

not samefag but
>mfw im an amateur sound engineer and i can hear the difference between redbook and 320 mp3 in most situations
fkm lads

Alright I did that and it didnt work

Right click on the file and there should be a copy path option, or click on properties and it'll have the full path. Copy that.

That didn't work

Sorry scratch that. Right click on it and then shift-click the copy button, and you should get the full path to the file you can paste into the other guy's commands.

Alright finally it works
Now what?

Alright I'm the guy that originally gave you those commands. What is the output of them?

Uh the MD5 has the same line of numbers next it to it on both of them

Okay good, if the numbers are exactly the same that means the files are exactly the same and that the file wasn't encoded into a different format. Now you know that music copied and pasted to your phone from that programs stays exactly the same.

Alright Thank you!

Yeah no problem.

did you consider the gravitational roto-densities at your altitude?
you do care about audio quality dont you?

What the fuck does that mean?

just kill yourself
why listen to music with a subpar comprehension of wave form transmission though non-crystalline cellulosic quantom media?
newton is disappoint

Yes.
/thread

You should convert the files to flac again just to be sure.

He's trying to fuck you, user.

>mfw you're probably lying because even 90% of people with masters degrees or higher in the field of audio and signal processing can't tell the difference in controlled environments

who cares dude lol
i just convert it some MP3s / FLACs to OGGs 128 kbps. It ALL sound (volume / quality) the same way