Has anyone here actually read about the production of this album and still deny it's significance or influence in pop...

Has anyone here actually read about the production of this album and still deny it's significance or influence in pop music?

I'm genuinely curious, not just being a dick. Hard to make this not sound like a loaded question.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dPjVlkcai78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

still haven't heard the Giles Martin version yet.

Did he do to it what Capital Record did to Pet Sounds 21 years ago? If so I'd love to hear it. (Even though I think the mono version is better)

The new mix is basically a mono/stereo hybrid so theoretically it might actually be the best mix but they fucked up the bass IMO

they just add reverb and delay to everything to make it sound DUDE WEED LMAO, not that impressive

literally every Burger Records -tier band does this on their albums and it always sounds like shit

I think it's difficult to argue that it didn't have the influence it did, I think most people argue whether the music is actually good

Most influential modern album actually

>they just add reverb and delay to everything
So true
youtube.com/watch?v=dPjVlkcai78

so, no to the first half of the question, ok
i mean, Scaruffi argues it and apparently his book about rock history won awards of some sort

>so, no to the first half of the question, ok

>The central theme of Goldstein's 1967 critique of Sgt. Pepper involves complaints about substance overwhelming style, or in his words: "tone overtakes meaning".[262] He places much of the blame for this on the album's copious use of production effects such as echo and reverb, which he characterises as "posturing and put-on".[262]
>copious use of production effects such as echo and reverb,
rekt and sage

>his book about rock history won awards of some sort
I'm pretty sure Scaruffi gave those awards to himself

>such as
there's more to sgt. pepper's production than the usage of echo and reverb you dense retard

yeah and no one gives a shit because sgt pepper sucks

wow what an EPIC post

this is a bad thread expect poor posting.

>such as
nice reading comprehension retard

Does anyone else skip "She's Leaving Home" because it makes you feel too guilty and depressed?

>we never thought of ourselves
I'm sorry, parents. ;_;

it wasn't bad until you started posting

Did you just compare Innerspeaker to Sgt. Pepper? Holy shit how retarded can you be? One takes huge risks and creates a whole new sonic landscape, the other Tame impala plays it as safe as possible and tries to recreate the same sound and involves no risks

And yet you took the time to reply.........

yeah because asking "do you guys think about this albums production and its influence at all? i know its considered in the mainstream to be huge and has been talked about since it came out ad infitum but i think we can get a good thread out of asking mu if they think about it. i dont have anything to offer myself in terms of actual criticism or insight im just creating a slide thread to impede my narcissistic tendency and depression.

end yourself now

The parents are cunts

She (What did we do that was wrong)
Is having (We didn't know it was wrong)
Fun (Fun is the one thing that money can't buy)
Something inside that was always denied
For so many years (Bye bye)

wow user, why are you so mad?
honestly, if a thread in a chilean footballing board about a popular band triggers you this much, you should consider getting some help. that's not a very healthy mental state you're in.

why are you asking such a redundant retarded question and expecting a serious discussion? your first mistake was thinking sgt pepper is good, fuck off not mad disappointed. one of the best selling albums from the best selling artist of all time and youre asking if people think about its influence on pop and music?? like no fucking shit your retarded mong fuck me how idiotic do you have to be to think i derailed this already shit tier thread??

Yeah I read about it and how John based his refrains on passive-aggressive shit his aunt would say, and the song seems to imply the parents in the song were stifling.

Still... ;_;

I'm still not sure why discussion about a popular album would trigger you this much, but hey, there's some weird people in the world
but seriously user, you sound pretty pissed. why not turn off the computer? lay down for a while? maybe try to cool down your head a bit

i always thought the parents were cunts because they just accept that she's gone after 3 choruses

If all you can do is just bad mouth and trash talk Sgt. Pepper and not offer any constructive criticism or insights then why do you even bother to comment?

dude you don't want to be "Beatles suck" guy

I was that guy. You don't want to turn your musical expertise into a social liability.

See

now that that faggot is gone, what's the best song on the album (other than A Day In The Life) and why is it She's Leaving Home

I've grown quite fond of Fixing a Hole recently

That song hurts too much. I have to skip it. I feel so bad for ruining my parents' lives. I didn't do anything fucked up--just kids, y'know?

We suck.

mr kite

I think you are the dumb one. Innerspeaker doesn't really try to sound like sgt pepper at all. The core instruments of sgt pepper are baroque like the harpsichord or trumpets, while innerspeaker using synthesizers and hard rock. the only thing similar is kevin parker sounds like a mixture of all four beatles and has similar vocal harmonies melodies cadences etc the music itself is structured more like the early 70s prog rock at the time, with elements of funk and r&b

Lovely Rita

She's Leaving Home is the best song on Sgt. Pepper period.