Are there any podcasts which are Sup Forumscore?

Are there any podcasts which are Sup Forumscore?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/106043264
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

The Sup Forums approved list is:

>History:
Hardcore History
History of Philosophy
In Our Time: History

>Sports:
Football Weekly
Second Captains

>Politics:
Dan Carlin's Common Sense
War College

>Entertainment:
Kermode and Mayo's Film Review
The Dick Show
The Adventure Zone
The Biggest Problem

>Culture:
99% Invisible
Serial
Criminal
In Our Time: Philosophy/Science

>The Dick Show
>Not The Biggest Debate in the Universe

Fucking cuck detected

Hi George, enjoy being irrelevant.

Cumtown is the best comedy podcast

Selfless shill:

We're starting up (21 episodes deep) a weekly thing. Any listens would be appreciated.

Soundcloud.com/anythingbutqualified

Yeah, if you're like 12

Any film podcasts you guys like?

Film Comment and Flixwise are both nice, the latter more casual

I'll give it a shot I guess. Sound quality is better than most starting podcasts alright. That's SUCH a crowded space though, you really need either a standout comedian or gimmick to be able to be anything more than an alsoran really.

>Dan Carlin's Common Sense
>bitches about the political establishment for years
>cries when an antiestablishment candidate comes around
Dan the man is all talk and no walk.

LPOTL

Wittertainment is objectively the best film podcast around, but We Hate Movies and James Bonding are both pretty entertaining. /filmcast used to be great but I got so sick of it recently.

Pleb detected

How Did This Get Made is Sup Forums core as fuck

>Dan Carlin's Common Sense

What are his biases

It is crowded, but we plan on doing some live stuff with our local independent theater

Bret Easton Ellis podcast is all you need. true podcastkino. for a fag, the guy is fucking based, he shits on SJW's and PC-culture all the time.
he also talks a lot about great films from the New Hollywood Era and how all Hollywood is controlled by leftist ideology now.
it's as redpilled as a filmpodcast can get...

Very libertarian, but it's mostly about comparing current events to past events (I guess cause he spends most of his time doing a history podcast).

This election he's actually been very critical of every candidate, even Sanders for a change from every other fucking podcaster

Do you people do anything that doesn't revolve around identity politics?

Best Hardcore History episodes?
I've started listening it a while ago and noticed that there's a huge swing in quality, some episodes are fantastic, and some are just shitty

everything is politics bro.

The Munster Rebellion one-off is the best IMO, the recent series not too good bar the end of this episode with the Alexander stuff. The Wrath of the Khans is brilliant, but I don't think that's available anymore on the podcast (easy to pirate though). I personally liked the Blueprints for Armageddon one too about WWI although I guess it did drag on a bit.

where can i pirate unavailable podcast episodes? i'm also looking for old episodes from the bret easton ellis podcast

I think he mentioned he's liberal.

He has never cried about Donald. Listen to the Trumping the Playbook episode where be praises Trump for challenging the establishment despite not liking Trump.

Any torrent site really. There are probably private trackers too for more popular ones (eg: bitemytorrent for old O&A shows and all of their associated shows like Patrice and Lazlow)

He leans libertarian (although has not promoted that political party), but its mostly social issues and foreign policy. He rarely touches economics. He is very detached from all parties so is willing to criticize them all. Its his "Martian" view. He been reporting on politics for 20 years so he sees the political game as it is. Personally I really like him, and I'm a moderate democrat.

The Ben Shapiro Show is the best political podcast out there today.

You may disagree with his politics, but he's very smart.

>99% Invisible

More like 99% advertisements. Love the show and the guys voice but holy fuck the ads go on for so long at the end and beginning.

I used to listen to This American Life and Radiolab, holy fuck how did this NPR cuck shit get so bad? Radiolab actually had an episode glorifying how some gay BLM asshole further ruined college debate teams. Its nuts. After the episode about "That Dragon, Cancer" I knew they were circling the drain, they hardly even cover science anymore.

More Perfect is still pretty interesting though, since it combines history with politics.

>History of Philosophy
Love it, but he sure ain't kidding about no gaps.
Scholasticism can be interesting, but it's also pretty tiresome in parts, not that Islamic philosophy was much better at times.

Dan Carlin likes the stagnant political system being shaken up. He sees the need for a "historical arsonist" as he calls it to clear away the decay old so something new may grow. He likes political outsiders or at least people who rock the boat. He praised Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Ross Perot, and Ron/Rand Paul in the past too.

However he also realizes that Donald Trump is a reckless asshole who would be a terrible president. He pretty much summed it up with "Ok it was cute at first but stop the joke is over."

I saw that Adventure Zone was mentioned. If you like their banter, you'll love My Brother, My Brother, and Me. Its Justin, Travis, and Griffin Mcelroy in full banter mode answering ridiculous Yahoo Answer stuff.

I used to listen to Filmspoting, but just couldn't take how much of a pleb contrarian Josh Larsen is.
Wish it was just Adam and occasional guest critic Michael Phillips.

WHY DOES NO ONE EVER TALK ABOUT BRET EASTON ELLIS'S PODCAST?

It's literally the best podcast I've heard of any genre. I always come away with two or more things I check out after the fact, whether it's a book, movie, album, or actor/actress among other things.

The Bret Easton Ellis podcast is the shit

That's a bit nicer endorsement than "he hates sjws and leftists run the world lmao"

This was pretty good while the concept lasted.
Listening to them rant on about Grown Ups 2 every week was a blast, but it got pretty bleak in parts during their weekly Sex and the City 2 marathon.

Because it shit. It's like a lone Opie episode but with even more cringe. Also he's a confirmed fag cuckold which isn't at all surprising.

>In Our Time
Literally the comfiest podcast of all time, I subscribe to all of them.

Last two episodes were great.

do you know how to get all the old episodes? i'm fuckin craving to hear more episodes but they're literally nowhere to be found except a few on youtube, and i don't want to subscribe to podcast one

why does that make you mad?

Most people genuinely hate this shit that's being pushed. Including many leftists.

I prefer reading to listening, are Adamson's books on philosophy worth the read?

I watch Still Untitled with Adam Savage and Tested.com.
It's pretty good, they recommend a ton of books and movies, especially scifi. They are in San Francisco so they are pretty faggy, but it's good content as long as Adam isn't talking about women or Rebecca Watson isn't on.

The fans fucking hate Rebecca Watson, all the comments are tearing her apart every time she shows up. Adam bitches about sexism, but there's nothing negative about the other female guests. The girl from youtube who makes shitty robots that slap her in the face has been on some recent ones.

Also /vg/ related, but Pat the NES Punk's Completely Unnecessary is really good, they talk about movies, comics, and retro game collecting.

and Goosebuds. It's a few guys from Continue? and Polaris who read a Goosebumps book and break it down and make fun of it.

They're pretty good for the history of it, personally I think that Alain de Botton's books are more better from what you get out of them though as well as giving you a bit more insight into how tthe philosophies actually applicable in more real-life scenarios if you get me.

Rebecca Watson is fucking terrible. She ruined Skeptic's Guide with Atheism+ crap. How the fuck did she end up on Still Untitled? (I stopped listening a little while ago)

She was a guest on two eps like a month ago.
I miss Veronica Belmont, she was best guest.

My favorite is the Punic Nightmares series

>It's a "Dan is self conscious about his thinning hair" episode

Holy shit, I know he survived season 2, but Posca lived to have a history podcast?

Prophets of Doom about the Munster Rebellion really is one of the best single episodes.

But no love for Thor's Angels? I really enjoyed it. Roman Empire integrates Norse barbarians, everyone ends up being weird Christians.

>Its a "Dan asks Ben... if there is a Ben" episode.

no jumpeeerrrrr

>Donald Trump is a reckless asshole
People conflate his public ego with his actual personality way too much. He's multiplied his inheritance money by over a thousand. The guy has like 5 kids from 3 different mothers who are all intelligent and extremely well-adjusted. How much of a reckless asshole could he possibly be to do that?

There really isn't. He's financed by Jeff Bezos, records and edits every episode himself.

Veronica Belmont is so fucking perf. I'd eat shit for her.

>it's a quote LOAD BOOMING VOICE INTENDED FOR EMPHASIS AND THEN A SHORT PAUSE unquote episode

>It's a "Dan denies the Armenian Genocide" episode

You seem to have this weird notion that just because he is rich that he is competent and good at anything. I've noticed America in general has it. Somehow capitalist economics is a system that rewards the best and most virtuous, but if it doesn't work for you then its rigged.

I think he would be a shit President because he runs his mouth and has no political experience.
Some praise him for "saying the truth" or "saying what he thinks without having to be PC", but at the same time make excuses when he is "just kidding" which seems to be a lot more than usual lately. Basically he is that asshole who insults you, says he is just kidding "hey can't you take a joke?" but really meant it. Cowardly passive aggressive double-talk. But then he is so thin skinned with such a ridiculous ego that he'll snap at anyone (which is the definition of reckless.) Can dish it out but can't take it. Also the fact that he has less political knowledge than Sarah Palin.
These conversations about Trump belong in the hellhole that is Sup Forums and not on Sup Forums.

>Gaming
Errant Signal

>a lot of bullshit
>these conversations about Trump belong in Sup Forums
:^)

damn that's what he looks like??

Every episode!

When I first listened to Dan it was so strange because his style reminds me so much of Rush Limbaugh's.

Its a series of comments, pauses, and volume changes. Its effective though as it breaks up the monotony. And since the shows have become marathons its required even more.

>You will never stay up till 3 AM in the common room listening to early 80's punk and discussing a 3rd Reich victory alternative history with Dan

Why live?

man he sounds quite a bit different than he does in HH. he talks pretty fast and more normal

For the /lit/erates here, something I've been listening to and loving is Frank Delany's re: Joyce, which is a very close reading of Ulysses (it takes him a year, one episode a week, to get through the first chapter). It sounds really tedious, but it's actually really entertaining if you have an interest in the novel. Delany is a very fun guy who knows his shit and who has a great reading voice.

It's at times like this I wish Sup Forums had a downvote mechanic.

If I wanted to listen to an unfunny east coast cuckold I'd listen to Bill Maher.

looks like Ted Bundy

>No, I want the last word!
:^)

vimeo.com/106043264

>gets BTFO
>insults someone for responding

damn, he's a really great public speaker

I'm impressed with how the response ">a lot of bullshit" somehow retorts any my points and leaves me "BTFO"

Anyways stop, Sup Forums is actually leaking in now and mods will destroy this thread for it.

Fucking truth.

And goes through more caps than Ron Howard on a windy day.

anyone have the latest bonus episode, I've got the first one if anyone wants it

yeah what's up with the hat? does he have a weird shaped head or something?

>I wish Sup Forums had downvote
>le billmahar
Get out of here redditfag

He's just balding.

>less political knowledge
Hillary has knowledge but has proven time and time again to be corrupt to the core.
Trump can negotiate and he can delegate. He will do fine.

>Dan Carlin
>In our time
>football weekly

Good stuff, I'm gonna save the others. Only thing I dislike is Serial because it's blueballs stuff

come on pal, you're deluded if you think TBDITU is anywhere near as good as The Dick Show. That last guest was fucking Abysml, his arguing with callers is pathetic cause now they're all clearly carefully selected and any co-hosts he brings in barely scratch him enough to provoke a funny and meaningful reaction

Though remove dustin desu

Sleepycast is pretty beast, shame its ending

He is an American moderate basically, I like it even tho I'm rad leftist

>Hardcore history
You'll enjoy history on fire and the lesser bonapartes.

What is it about?

>My Brother, My Brother, and Me
I'll give it a try

Add "The History of Rome" podcast to the history section and you're set. That podcast turned me from someone with no knowledge of Rome into a huge Romaboo

The add function on itunes is fucked up. It adds a totally different podcast.