In your opinion, tell me who the GOAT of hip hop is, and I would like a compelling argument. No groups...

In your opinion, tell me who the GOAT of hip hop is, and I would like a compelling argument. No groups, only individuals. My nomination: MF Doom

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAemsQjt5e0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWe1-8v5i64
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9fZh0fWhfBY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Big L

where's the argument

Eminem is goat...nobody can touch him lyrically except maybe drake.

Eminem

The greatest ever was tupac. The best now is Kendrick

Del hands down

tech n9ne

Dylan cuz he spit that hot fire

Young Thug hands down , most unique , insane flow that he changes up almost every 4 bars , crazy delivery, great melodies with light hearted often funny lyrics . Barter 6 is a 10/10 album , SS3 is also amazing .

Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick. Before you judge, check out the story behind damn being two stories forward and backward. Genius stuff.

Lmao are you serious

He was on his way to goat status until his last two completely wack albums

>drake
U serious?

RiFF RAFF

100% srs

dis bait?

best one is obviously trapper of the century

Supa hot fire hands down hottest bars. Sickest punchlines. Best hype men in the business

I'm 100% serious

MF DOOM. Eminem. And dont forget FUCKING NAS YOU COCKSUCKERS HAVE SUCH SHIT TASTE. I BET YOU'RE ALL IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Kanye

Its a white people talking about rap while dick sucking eminem episode

OP here, I can't name another rapper whose discography has been so consistently good and who's creativity has been so unique. Plus Dooms lyricism is so unique that no one can replicate it, and to the layman it sounds ridiculous but when you break down what he's saying, the layer of his speech are rather striking, involving double metaphors and talking in third person, and comparing his style and shows to things like vomit or robberies. His samples are taken from the most obscure of sources that work so well to his style that it sounds incredibly well. Doom simply is a creative genius, which I feel is more important to rap that simply being able to rhyme orange. Eminem is a great lyricist, but lyrics are only half the battle

Goddamn right

I'll say it. Kanye feels like a soundcloud rapper that made it. Nothing in his bars are all that clever. His production is great. The backing vocals are catchy as fuck. But his actual bars are "I'm 14 and this is deep"

>Nas.

My nignog.

Well, what do you listen to?

u shouldn't have said that.......

New HipHopHead opinions 101

does your name start with a J?

LOL Tupac is only good because he died before he mad a bad album. His bars are mediocre, and more often than not he rhymes nigger with nigger

Why? You gonna go internet tough guy?

Hey My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was good as fuck though.

GOATS= Tupac/big L/ big pun (underrated) /B.I.G/ Eminem/

Big L + mediocre. Ice Cube is better than that clown

I nominate NIKO IS

>Best hair in the biz
>Raps fluently in three+ languages
>Can freestyle better and longer than anyone
>Flow on par with the best ever
>Extremely unique. Nobody else can sound like Niko.

u better look out nigga...

wat?

Oh noes, I angered the childrens

I'm not mad at the nigger. I'm happy he made it with such little talent.

>drake

take it back before it's too late

BASEDGOD
A
S
E
D
G
O
D

THE RZA;
Produced SOLELY about 5 classics; some of which heralded as best ever and influential to producers since;
incredible MC: combines multi-syllable rhyming with abstract constructs such as 5 percent verbatim and ancient history and science;
Business acumen: literally knew his "Clan" and formula would result in mulit-million dollar profit and requested beforehand individual contracts for each member so more profit could be made.

dog shit

shit the bed with his later albums

The only right answer

This is the correct answer

bitch take it back....

>hip hop
kill yourselves shitskins and race traitors

fuck off back to Sup Forums cunt

yea if tupac and big didn't both die, they'd fizzle out and would probably make some dogshit albums like eminem's later records or wayne's vocal diarrhea

You better stop now

>GOAT
>Hip Hop
Choose only one user.

If he didn't get his jaw wired shut, he'd never been heard of. I have to admit that takes hustle. But his bars just don't make the cut compared to most of the names here. He's a great hype man with little talent. I understand why he feels so close to Trump.

None of these niggers have anything on Stitches

mf doom is my all time fav but mick jenkins is on that come up

i warned u bro.. im sorry but i have to do this

I feel like i'm one of the only people who doesn't understand the hype Mf doom gets. Someone explain what makes this nigga so speical

Could not agree any more

This caveman looking motherfucker is the best to ever do it
>went from being a homeless teen to a group home to overcoming misery
>positive message and brutal style
>respected for his decades of making non-commercial hiphop as a labor of love

We need more rap about perseverance, wisdom, and virtue. Also lyrical talent needs a comeback

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lAemsQjt5e0

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tWe1-8v5i64

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9fZh0fWhfBY

mf doom was homeless

Mf Doom

Gotta be Andre 3000

Stitches is a gigantic faggot. Anyone who tours with ICP is a faggot

basically he is incredibly funny and intelligent while having multi-syllables and punchlines better than anyone else

e.g. " Viktor the director flip a script like Rob Reiner
The way a lotta dudes rhyme their name should be "knob shiner"
For a buck, they'd likely dance the Jig or do the Hucklebuck
To Vik it's no big deal, they're just a buncha knuckle-fucks"one of my favs

True and he's a great rapper, but hes not top tier imo I like his production more than his rapping

Nothing rustles jimmies like the truth. Like I said, he's got mad hustle. Just little talent. You know deep down that it's true.

I would agree in terms of content and consistency; however, both DOOM and RZA have amazing productions under belt along with more advanced lyricism.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UKjj4hk0pV4

Aesop Rock.

Wordplay + Vocab > everything else in when discussing hip hop.

Beat production is only a major factor when discussing Pop Hop.

so your saying you could listen ti acapella and get same enjoyment as listening to beats on Labor Days????

we comin for u bro..

RZA has a couple of good rhymes between 3 Bobby digital cds containing mostly jarring ass shit over great production imo, he's a great producer to for sure. My fave RZA lines are off that Holocaust track

MD Dooms rhymes are usually crammed with inconsistent amount of syllables, and ends up sounding cramped as fuck. He's got some nice concepts and some tracks are really good, but hes not very consistently good as a rapper IMO he's kind of a novelty but not a pure rapper

I'm saying hip hop has one common theme:

Me > You

When an entire genre revolves saying the same thing, how you say that outweighs the method that delivers it.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Nas
3. Tupac
4. Biggie
5. Kanye West

the thing about is aesop is I can recognize him as a clever rapper and a very good lyricist but I cant for the life of me get into his music.

>KRS-ONE
>Rakim
>Nas
>Mof Def
>Eminem

People will flame, but imo these five are da bes

yo mos def needs to get more love in these threads

what do I win?

Solid choice. Vaudeville villain is what got me into hip hop. God tier hip hop album.

Imma switch it up though.
Top five greatest hip hop albums in no particular order:

36 chambets
Ready to die
Illmatic
A people's instinctive travels
Madvillainy

> Redman

discuss

how fucking old are you

when was redman last revelant

thought i'd play a wildcard

he has good flow and punchlines, and to be fair cunts have mentioned eminem in this discussion so I have the right to throw Red out there

Yup it's too bad all the conscious rappers from late 90s early 2000s straight disappeared, lots of talent there

U don't know too much about rap history huh..I'm not sayin he is goat...but his production of beats is top tier..he would have been successful either way

Bones, maybe not best of all time but he's original

He is very good but idk about calling him the GOAT. Definitely underrated

Speaking of underrated, I'd lean more toward Open Mike Eagle as a better rapper

i appreciate your contribution to thread user

I would say though you should check out diff stuff tho if Bones is your optimum post

slick Rick. nuff said

I'd say Madchild, but he's too underground, so I'll go with Notorious B.I.G.

cont. also if you're goat rhymes nigga or uses the word nigga then he aint that great, dont debate cause all other mc's will obliterate and incinerate. using autotune is the worst, and wack. music like that belongs in the trash.

the GOAT???

dno bro

good lyricist but no production skills and overall consistency or impact on genre

ps he does fucking murder Mos Def on Auditorium

the GOAT hip-hop album is Illmatic.

Madchild is the biggest faggot I've ever bothered listening too. Fuck off back to vancouver. You're worse than a wannabe faggot.

I'm throwing in for a tie between Aesop Rock and Doom

Thread?

Yeah DOOMs the goat. The end of one beer is crazy

You guys are on some faggot shit. Let's break it down proper and set some shit straight.

1.Kendrick Lamar. No I'm not on his dick and I actually disagree with a lot of the fucking hype DAMN. is getting. Shit is good. But GKMC is still a better album and as far as I'm concerned if you have the time and mental capacity to dive into it, TPAB is a perfect album.

2. MF DOOM. Remember all caps when you spell the man name.

3. Danny Brown. Insanely unique vocal delivery and production consistently good projects.

4. Aesop Rock. Insanely cool lyrical (phonetically) skill as well as being able to get an interesting idea across.

I'm only doing a top 4 because I don't think any single artists really need to be up there as GOATs

Eminem relies too heavily on phonetic gimmicks and rhymes for me to consider him

Gonna agree with user on Kanye. He's like a SoundCloud rapper that made it.

All these old cats you guys are citing are nowhere near as good when held up to
L evolution of the genre that's happened on the last decade. And the old Cats have proved that they can release some really fire stuff and adapt their sound ala, Tribe's newest album and all of Czarface's

Don't even fucking talk to me about Drake.

TLDR:
1: Kendrick
2: MF DOOM
3: Danny Brown
4: Aesop Rock

nockFORCE