I'm not a rap listener. I do not understand why this guy is so popular. Please explain

I'm not a rap listener. I do not understand why this guy is so popular. Please explain.

he's one of the 'the male beyonces' variations

He makes simple music for normies that also happens to be catchy

((()))

That's part of what I don't get. It's really minimalist from I've seen so far, don't normies go for more boisterous pop hooks?

Also I don't understand how it's "catchy", it's just more of that droning New Rap bullshit that's just some nigger mumbling over sparse dubstep-level bass thumps. It's monotonous.

You are a terrible person

marketing

kek what songs have you listened to and what do you normally listen to

There's not much to get.

He's a racist.

Just like Earl Sweatshirt...

I don't like rap either but it's obvious that you just hate black people

i don't listen to nigger music

>being this newfag

Sup Forums thrives on turning every argument into an ad-hominem attack based on music tastes, nice try :^)

He's consistently making great hip-hop that carries on the legacy of west coast artists like Dre and 2pac. His lyrics are accessible, but he's a good storyteller (Sing About Me, mAAd city, How Much A Dollar Cost, DUCKWORTH). The beats he uses are usually simplistic but interesting (LUST, untitled 2, Alright, Backseat Freestyle). I really appreciate his ability to structure his songs and his albums. No song really overstays its welcome, and he knows how to vary up the sounds on his albums to keep the listener engaged the whole time. I love the beat switches, they're always really clean and appropriate for the song (u, mAAd city, DUCKWORTH, DNA). Basically, he keeps it varied on all his songs, and he almost always executes and sets the bar for what can be done in modern hip-hop. Can't say much for DAMN., but its his most radio friendly album so far and a lot of people are listening to him now.

I don't understand why Kendrick got huge either, I figured he'd stay one of those underground-borderline-mainstream guys like Big KRIT. I'm glad for him though, he's now one of the few mainstream hip hop figures that's obviously trying, and trying really hard, to say something meaningful. And he's managed to do so while retaining the same level of quality, that gets my respect.

he got huge by making appealing albums like GKMC and TPAB. production is amazing on everything he does

>Sup Forums thrives on turning every argument into an ad-hominem attack based on music tastes, nice try :^)

whoahkden

Was TPAB that popular? I know Alright and i were somewhat popular but I feel like I didn't hear any of the other songs and suddenly DAMN dropped and apparently Kendrick is super well known? I figured most people forgot he existed after GKMC

bait

Every normie I know likes TPAB

Racist rappers are pretty trendy these days.

I'm not a rap listener and I gave him a few hundred listens in the past 2 weeks. I'm fucking loving this shit, TPAB in particular.

And every person that I know who isn't related to me traps are not gay. Whats your point?

*thinks traps are not gay*