Really makes you think

really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/us/movies/suicide-squad/257556/suicide-squad-needs-750-million-800-million-to-break-even
youtube.com/watch?v=Z874yM9JMxg
youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BENIS XDDDD

4 u

It was released in every major country on the same day which means it made most of its money already

still a profit

No it didn't, that was BvS

why are you guys so fucking obsessed with revenue

>another I hate DC thread

Thread hidden :)

Still has to reach 900m to make up for advertising and holocaust spending

nice meme

::tips ticket-taker::

Did the "I have two personalities," dude make this?

hahah what the fuck is this
this feels like some '09 Sup Forums shit

Except Chyna

Duh dipshit. She's dead.

It dropped harder than BvS second weekend though

It didn't, even though it was close
But the weekend is not over yet, we're just in the middle of it
It's only estimatives

It dropped by 79% this Friday compared to last Friday

Already Sausage Party debuted at number one

BvS dropped 81% friday to friday
69% weekend to weekend, SS dropped 67% (estimated)

>No it didn't, that was BvS

it opened on the biggest foreign market, only missing japan and china. china seems unlikely

Where's the 9fag watermark?

Suicide Squad still made less than BvS

Also not being released in China can probably bring it down lower
At best it might make around the same as Xmen Apocalypse

Huh, really made me think

I usually avoid these dumb money threads. However i thought Apocolypse was successful?

It made less, but it was cheaper to make.

It kinda was but it made a lot less domestically and relied more on China to help bring its number up and since they get a smaller cut overseas they don't bring in a lot of money

Fox even said the film's performance was disappointing

profit

You don't understand box office if you think making back the production budget means you made a profit.

>really makes you think
no, it doesn't

who gives a shit

>yfw Sup Forums said it won't break 100m.

So not counting marketing, it's just about broke even

that's nice

domestically, it only went 20m over the 100m predicted by Sup Forums, theres always some leeway into Sup Forums predictions

Nope.

You're forgetting cuts and reshoots.

overall: Production, Marketing, Reshoots, Cuts (domestic and foreign)

Movies need to make several times their production budget to make profits.

Hell, why would you even ignore marketing costs? That's fucking dumb.

jesus fucking christ

It already made more than double of its budget. Stop this meme

So? You're just being a hopeful idiot. double the production budget is not a profit.

It most definitely is. By your logic almost all hollywood blockbusters are box office failures.

You are the kind of retard that actually thinks Hollywood loses money...kek

It probably needs to make another 700 million just to cover the pizza and doughnut budget for the 474,360 unpaid interns that generated all the fucking viral marketing for this turd.

I don´t know which one out of the four is the cringiest, I seriously don´t.

I just came back from the premiere in my country.

I don't get the hate, it was average but not the worst thing ever or offensive or whatever the fuck. I'm weirded out now.

Most fail or break even, you are correct there.

Look at BvS for example. That movie needed at least 800 million to break even and WB wanted 1 billion to see it as a success.

GhostBusters needed well over 300 million to break even according to Sony, and they may even plan on cancelling the sequel they just announced

Why is this wo difficult for you to understand?

>pop

FUCKING MIDWEST, I SWEAR TO CHRIST.

It needed a billion to meet projections. That doesn't mean it didn't make money.

>That movie needed at least 800 million to break even and WB wanted 1 billion to see it as a success.
That makes zero sense, you don't invest 800 million just to make a couple more.
These amounts are a scam that fanboys parrot for free to cover these peoples asses.

This movie needs like 600m to be profitable.

he meant the genre you silly boi

> 600m
Lol no, 300 million is enough, where the hell do you guys get this kind of numbers?

Some "industry insider" said it needed 800m and people are taking it as word of god

denofgeek.com/us/movies/suicide-squad/257556/suicide-squad-needs-750-million-800-million-to-break-even

>“The movie movie’s got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they’ll consider it a win.”

From marketing budgets ( over 100 million for blockbusters), and domestic and foreign theater taxes (50% domestic, 40% foreign, 25% China)

Learn about the film industry please

That would be 200 million of pure profit. Everyone has already been paid at break even, so everything after goes to the studio and its shareholders. It's worth investing that much money if you can walk away with millions more, personally.

Do we have a marketing budget for this film? Ghostbusters was pretty well accepted at around $100 mil, but I haven't heard anything reliable on this. $800 million break even would mean something like $200 million in marketing, which sounds absurd.

Someone actually reached out to an analyst and author of books dedicated to Hollywood Economics about Suicide Squad's reported "need" to make $800m: His response: “It’s too high.”

>“If the film grosses $500 million [domestic], the distributor gets $275 million minus advertising and other distribution,” Epstein said via email. “[Those costs are] about $75 million. So it has at least $200 million foreign plus a back end. Ergo, it will be very profitable.”

>Epstein used $500 million domestic as a nice round number. Studios get a little more than half the domestic box office grosses after theaters snag their percentage. Subtract another $75 million for marketing and distribution. Whatever’s left over, plus the foreign grosses, equals studio profit.

>If Suicide Squad finishes with $300 million in US box office, the studio gets roughly $165 million. Again, the budget is $175 million. So WB is $10 million in the hole right there. Figure another $125 million for marketing and distribution. Damn, they’re $135 million short. Remember, though, there’s still foreign grosses to consider. As of Monday evening, the film already earned $133 million overseas. Warner Bros. just drew even. Every foreign dollar the film earns from here on out goes directly into studio coffers. Television rights and international/domestic video sales easily could add another $100-$150 million to the bottom line.

>YFW Civil War was a massive flop because it only made a billion

>2-300 million profit
>flop
???????

Did anyone here actually see the movie, or are you all a bunch of WallSt clowns?

I don't watch movies in theaters

Sure, I even overinflated my opinion of it to get people on the fence to go see it too.

I don't either, I just watched a crappy Spanish subtitled cam of it and all Sup Forums cares about is the bank... what'd y'aal think of it?

I want to cum inside Enchantress

I'm very apprehensive about seeing this movie.... what with all the insane things that happened on set...

imagine what these movies could do if they were good

No wonder they needed a therapist on set.

holy fuck

It doubled it's budget, so it will be considered a major success by studios.

Why are you salty Sup Forums? Ghostbusters broke even by about 50 million, studio execs will consider that a win and never learn.

>Every foreign dollar the film earns from here on out goes directly into studio coffers

Are foreign grosses after the theater's take?

>le i dont read threads before posting bait

good one my man

girl at work said it was good and actively promotes it around the office

you put that much into marketing you're gonna get people in the door

>It already made more than double of its budget. Stop this meme

hahaha the overseas money is lonly 50% for the studio. if a movie did 300M foreign, it i slikely that studio will only see 150M;

EL JUST JAJAJAJAJAJA

youtube.com/watch?v=Z874yM9JMxg

RULES 1 AND 2 BRO! DONT TALK ABOUT THAT PLACE MAN!

youtube.com/watch?v=AjVHwOpsoYg

>DCucks are this pathethic they can't even defend their own garbage
Didn't except any different.

>Damn, they’re $135 million short. Remember, though, there’s still foreign grosses to consider. As of Monday evening, the film already earned $133 million overseas. Warner Bros. just drew even. Every foreign dollar the film earns from here on out goes directly into studio coffers.

Since when? The studio gets even less from overseas than from domestic BO

>Every foreign dollar the film earns from here on out goes directly into studio coffers

No.

No one here says pop

man i liked this movie. I thought it was decent

They do in MN, trust me

Look, there's no point in arguing about this when we have statistics already collected.

(You)

Former east coast resident now living in Wisconsin reporting in. People here say pop all the time. I've also heard "bubbler" instead of "water fountain," and they pronounce "roof" as "rough" and "creek" as "crik."

>the commonwealth of virginia

thank you. i will cherish it for all of eternity

Do they woosh their deeshes?

This flim has earned 192.25M so far after theater take.

Figure 200M after reshoots, another 150 for marketing. It might break even. Maybe.

I have lived in Wisconsin my whole life and can't recall hearing pop, maybe I just never noticed, my family just says soda. Everything else is accurate though.

>calling all soft drinks "coke"

what the ffffuck?