>inb4 eleven pedo thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H00bRCd55Ek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>The Cinematography
>Friendship among the children
>The Soundtrack
>Hopper

Millie Bobby Brown's acting. From time to time you get good child actors like Dubsman, or the kid from This is England or the lil nig from Beasts of no Nation, but she was consistently amazing for 7 hours straight.

BARB'S FAT ASS

The part where any interest I may have had in it was utterly ruined by the 100+ circlejerk threads with the same stock image posted daily

Seriously, this shilling is on par with Babadook & It Follows... Adopt a General and fuck off already

Can't I just like all of those things at once OP? I can't choose mother fucker.

>hopper

Out of nowhere. Also, Le Ebin Get This Hothead Outta Here Policeman playing David Conenberg

>Friendship among the children
Holy fuck this.

Reminds me of my friend group as a kid. Kinda hits me in the feels... one of them died too, but for real.

How old were you when he died? Also, did you get bullied?

Amen brother

All of the above but I'm only 22 so I don't have nostalgia for the 80's. More nostalgia for childhood adventures and this was the first movie/show I've seen in a really long time that genuinely captured that vibe, much better than Super 8 tried to.

Everyone's acting was great, if anything the only plotline I didn't care for was anything involving Nancy but I felt like her uselessness was almost intentional for the sake of homage.

Plus, it made me completely fall in love with a 12 year old.

platonic love, of course

Stranger Things is what Super 8 was dying to be

Anybody got all those movie posters:
>dark chrystal
>evil dead
>the thing
>jaws

Anymore?

>friendship among children

Sooooo much this.

Am I the only one who has a soft spot for young kids finding love?

When Mike and Elle kissed I poured into tears

>shitting on Based 8

Leave.

>Evil Dead

Take that down.. It's inappropriate

When i finished the series

I'm not saying I dislike Based 8. I loooove that movie I just always wished it was better. It was just missing something and ST filled every missing aspect of it

Super 8 was genuinely good, but this is something else completely.

>directed by JooJoo Abrams
I don't think there's one thing he's done that I don't like, except the first 2 ST films. And the first one was kind of decent.

I like the little spooky moments.
>El saying Will is in trouble, guys ask is the the bad people and she puts out the Demogorgon figure on the table
>Winona asking how do i help you? what should i do? RUN

13 when he died. I got bullied a little, but not as badly as on the show.

This

>13
Oh man that must have been tough. What happened to the poor guy?

I surprisingly never got bullied although I was by far the smartest boy in my class(girls were all fucking geniuses, I was barely top 5). Thing is every kid used to copy from me whenever I could help'em. I also had a ping-pong table and everytime they'd bring soda n shiet, take the TV out, watch CN while 4 guys played ping-pong. Living in post-communist Central Europe is not unlike what those 4 kids had, we used to stand up for each other a lot. This show was nostalgic for me because the kids seem amazingly fucking real. 10/10 chemistry.

I love how Barb just got dicked on and no one cared

I hope they don't continue the same story. I would love to see different monsters/experiments with a different cast. I wouldn't mind seeing Hopper come back though since he knows a little bit more about everything going on.

El better come back, like said the actress was amazing 100% of the time.

thriller
cinematography
wall light
soundtrack
atmosphere
the monster in all shots where it wasn't fully revealed
children being the main characters

plot line was serviceable
acting was good

my main gripe was the pacing of almost all the character arcs was really shit

it also felt like it slowed down in the middle

>Or Something else?

Steve winning. Feels good to see so many numales mad about it.

If Steve was supposed to be a redeemable character, they did it horribly fast. My only problem, but I didn't really care about Nancy or Steve at all. Jonathan was better when all he wanted was to find his brother.

steve got redeemed but I agree, I didn't like how his character kept flipping between good guy douchebag good guy douchebag all the way up until the second to last time he was on screen

and yeah, it felt like they wanted to set up a nancy/steve/jonathan love triangle but abandoned it

I fucking KNEW they had something to do with Wayward Pines, this shot literally just feels like a second attempt at that, only better.

Did anyone else call MKULTRA before watching this? It was fun but very predictable.

Favorite part?

It'd have to be the relentless shilling.

This moment. Incredible stuff.

Should I give this shit another try then? I couldn't handle the first few episodes. Every aspect was boring beyond belief.

>Friendship
>Soundtrack
>>Synthwave

I legit thought Tangerine Dream did the music

Are people just trolling about this show ? it was like 6.5-7/10. Didn't get the hype

I'm 29 and I didn't see any of the stuff the show was "ripping off" or "paying homage to" until I was older (except maybe ET but then I was a little kid then and don't even remember it) so I have zero nostalgia or even any implicit memories of any of that stuff.

So I would say everything about it is excellent. Kids storyline and relationships are #1.

that score for me absolute kino
youtube.com/watch?v=H00bRCd55Ek

Nancy was driven by Barb's disappearance the entire show, she cared. Thing is, she was the only one who was close to Barb, whereas the rest of the cast had a connection to Will. And what's she supposed to tell Mrs. Holland? "Your daughter's never coming back, she's dead in a Giger-esque shadow dimension that I only barely escaped from myself?" They'd lock *her* up in Pennhurst.

fuck yeah, this dude
i was a little older (like middle school) when i had such a solid group of friends to go on adventures with. god, what i would give to go back.

Nancy is a literal 10/10 and if you don't think so, you're probably a puffter.

when Will wakes up in the hospital and the rest of the gang was in there you can see on nancys face she realizes she lost her friend and walk out

is someone going to post the based steve webm or fucking what

If you didn't like the first episodes, no. It just ain't for you lad.

I'd say the music. It was great when Elegia started playing during the funeral scene.

Though to be honest, I was half expecting a monologue from a Metal Gear character when it started playing since that trailer is the first thing I thought about when it started playing.

>child actors
>children as main characters

Directly into the trash.

Your loss
F

Rank characters lads

1. Dustin
2. El
3. Hopper
4. Mustache Teacher
5. Cool Head Grey Hair Man
6. Mike
7. Nancy
8. Esteban
9. Winona Rideher
10. Johnathan
11. Black George Lucas
12. Black Cop
13. That woman that was Modine's lackey
14. Take that down it's inappropriate get shekels dad
15. Glasses cop
16. Huge thighs tumblrina
17. Pissed himself bully
9001. Freckles bully and girlfriend

Hurr durr I don't like what other people like look how unique I am bhjhfggfhjggjfswfgf

dustin>benny>teacher>rest

Who the fuck is Benny? Based big hair man our boi Steve? And why is El not in there?

spoken like a child

What a dumb comment. Every child watches almost exclusively shows and movies featuring children. Do you have to practice to be this stupid?

Children detract objectively from everything they're in. A script is less complex, less dark, less interesting, less nuanced, less of every positive characteristic when the main characters are kids. You're a manchild if you think otherwise.

>giving him (You)s

For what purpose?

FATALITY! Your smart as fuck.

Hopper. Absolutely.

The man with the iron fists.

The children
Hopper
The soundtrack

Fuck me the soundtrack gives me goosebumps, Hopper is straight up based and the children (Especially Millie Brown, her acting capabilities are amazing) are super likeable and really easy to get emotionally attached to.

C3PO goddamnit.

>write a show about a hellish alternate dimension seeping into this one
>completely remove all suspense, intrigue, and terror possible with the concept by filling your shitty show with kids who everyone knows won't be harmed, who won't be exposed to any real danger

>The Plot Line
Was okay
>The Nostalgia/Homage
Wasn't born in or more importantly didn't grow up in the 80s so any nostalgia is lost on me
>The Soundtrack
10/10 great
>The Acting
Probably the only ensemble of children actors I've ever liked. They were my favorite characters.
>The Cinematography
I liked it, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what separates good from great cinematography.
>The Wall-Light Ouija Board
Was p cool.
>Nancy's Jawline
Not bad.

I'd have to either pick the soundtrack, or the Upside Down. Alternate dimensions and shit are my jam.

hello hungry skeleton

ET

Dressed up El in the same kind of way and then a bicycle chase scene.

The froggo, to be quite desu with you.

I meant film posters on the walls.

>everbody talks about this fucking show
>finally binge in one sitting
>get super invested in the characters and world
>the ending

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>If you had to choose your favorite part of Stranger Things, would it be:

this one

>The Cinematography
>The Music
>Muh Nostalgia
>The plot line
in that order

Hopper was great. They introduce him as a character who's going to fall into the "sheriff who doesn't believe anything weird is going on and even gets in the way of the heroes" character, but then he ends up being the lead character by the end and just owning the series.

You know how I can tell the 'It' remake is going to be a good movie?

Yeah, I watch Half in the Bag as well.

Did they go too far with the references?

Yes but I found myself not being bothered by it

You're saying that as if my compliment hasn't been an incredibly common one since the series hit.

Some of them worked well
>ET stuff was kind of overblown but worked
>The Thing stuff worked
>Nightmare on Elm Street stuff was fucking great

This pushed but didn't take me out of the series.

El. Hands down. Don't get me wrong, Dustin Hopper and Mustached teacher dude were great, but she was perfection.

That might also be setup for a second season.

>There are worse things still in the Upside Down.

yeah see i took that as setting up for season 2 before i noticed it as a reference to alien

This. Literally the best and most consistent child performance I've seen in my entire life.

>post yfw she'll play Alia in a future Dune adaptation

>>post yfw she'll play Alia in a future Dune adaptation

benny is the diner owner that got killed in the first episode

jesuschrist I didn't know people were hyping this show in here too

She was amazing ... like Loli Portman in Leon levels of amazing.

7 hours lad, she was better and more consistent. And more than that, her role was harder that Loli's.

Yeah same i said mk ultra outloud and the very next shot is a research paper with the words on it

This show's soundtrack had to have been one of the best I've heard in a while.

I was thinking the same thing.
>I was born in a small village

the soundtrack and the wall-light ouija board were cool

everything else was really boring and cliched

The Characters, especially the children.
The were the most compelling part of the series and what keeps you watching.

>Nostalgia/Homage
Despite liking the aesthetic I wasn't born in the 80's so I can't really feel nostalgia for the time period. I could feel it for the whole being a kid in a small town hanging out with friends and the way the houses/town looked
>The SoundTrack
great stuff in there. The tracks always went well with the moment
>The Acting
I was surprised with how good the kids were. winona ryder was ok at best

>the title sequence
>steve ended up being ok and even got to stay with nancy
This caught me by surprise but worked great.
A bunch of stuff was predictable but I feel like a lot of that was done on purpose to emulated the tropes of the films it is an homage to in the first place.
I felt that everything worked well or just enough for it to not go bad

Did you watch Pan's Labyrinth?

>one dimensional characters with no interesting characteristics
>literally just child trope #1, 2, 3, 4
>compelling

That's literally the exact opposite of the meaning of compelling, you low IQ piece of trash.

Stranger Things is not nostalgiac, nothing about the show screams "80's" except maybe the music and opening titles.

I have the impression the show was set in the 80s because you can't pull off something like this in the year that is 2016

lol

The score easily. I have been jamming to new retro wave/synthwave for the last year or so so when this show came out i was immediately on board. It was uploaded to jewtube yesterday but already got taken down. Shame. Might give into the itunes meme

Yeah, like kids wouldn't be messing around with compasses in 2016.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was just a matter of technology,