Hey Sup Forums, I have a question for you

Hey Sup Forums, I have a question for you
How come this bag of apples I bought have almost NO vitamins in them. It's per 100g, but there should be a lot of vitamin a, and c. Wtf?

Other urls found in this thread:

newhealthguide.org/Vitamins-In-Apples.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who told you it was full of vitamins?

Well it's kind of common sense that an apple is rich in vitamins and fiber

It's fiber and sugar. You want vitamins? Eat vegetables

You're fucking retarded

who told you that?

>vegetals
>vitamins

Kekd audibly

That's the nutritional facts of the plastic bag it comes in.

If I'm wrong tell me, but I grew up with teachers and doctors and family saying apples were rich in vitamins. You know, eat an apple a day and keep that faggot doctor away? If not, what can I eat that has lots of vitamins?

I was told pretty much the same thing.

Percent? 1% means there is 1g of vitamin in there. Usually you need just some mg or some hundred mg. Thus, using percent here is retarded.

Eat them faggot

Its Percent daily value retard

that was supposedly a load of BS by the apple industry to get people to buy apples, but yeah, you'd think there'd be something in them

Damn your dumb. Its % by daily value. If its 1 percent of daily value then youd need to eat 100 servings to get the reccomended ammount.

There are more vitamins and minerals in existence than just vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.

I love vegetals but they have basically 0 vitamints. Even doctors hve publicly aknowleged this 2 be the reality we live in in 2014 budy

>born diabetic type 1
>most fruits are more carbs and sugars than vitamins
>eat your green veggies faggot

Your b8 is shit

wat

So what your saying is fuck fruit? I'm an amateur boxer and need good vitamins but hate vegetables besides broccoli, and have been going on fruit this whole time

Every athlete I know eats a lot of bananas, must be something to those, surely?

>born diabetic type I
>also born retarded

What the diabetic said. Green leafy vegetables. If you need to cut weight stay away from fruit. If you need to gain, eat fruit

Fruit sugar is only a problem if you gorge yourself on it or are diabetic.
Normal people can handle fruit just fine.

Though vegetables ARE better for you.
Maybe you just haven't been eating them properly-cooked, many people tend to overcook vegetables.

Potassium

...no it isn't.

Potassium helps with muscle cramps.

Wrong. Just think about how stupid what you are saying is. Imagine having to eat 50 apples A DAY to get enough of a vitamin.

Dense cunt.

I prefer raw broccoli and I don't mind peppers so I'll start eating those, and I'll keep the bananas and oranges for potassium and vit. C. Thanks guys, I feel like a retard now for eating so many apples

Thats what happens when you buy the cheap non organic apples...
Go to Wholefoods and get some real apples you poor twat.

Ok, learn something every day, right.

spirulina pills.

By the way, apples aren't necessarily devoid of vitamins.
I'm not going to make any claims about how good of a source they are, but they do have vitamins like B, E, and K.

newhealthguide.org/Vitamins-In-Apples.html

Jalepenos have 110% vitamin C (2000 cal diet)

You should look up vegetable recipes and try making some simple dishes with properly-cooked vegetables.

I doubt you dislike nearly all vegetables in all forms, you've probably just had bad experiences with shit cooks.

Le epic prank

Just take a multivitamin. People usually eat the same things and develop a deficiency in some areas over time. Everyone is a little different. In order to get everything you need it can get pretty pricy. A multivitamin is the best bag for the buck

If all you ate was apples, yes.
But you eat other things that contribute to DV, don't you?
Are you really so fucking stupid you don't know how to read nutritional values?

find the right food for the right vitamins.

oranges have vitamin C. everyone knows that
sweet potatos/yams have arse loads of potassium
dark green veggies have more iron. nut up and eat your veggies. dont buy frozen or canned vegetables theyre absolutely tasteless trash. buy fresh veggies and cook them lightly
omega 3s come from fish and nuts.
get that vitamin D from the sun.

dont take 1 a day pills. loads of scientific studies have been done on multivitamins, and all of them link to higher rates of prostate cancer, among other diseases/illnesses

here's the scoop, those apples are actually like a year or more old, we keep apples in these giant vaults and pump them with nitrogen so they don't rot, but in that time all the nutrients break down, you'd get more nutrition from fresh apples but apples have never been good for you, they're just sugar, apples used to be the symbol for alcoholism because that's mostly all we ever used them for until the whole johnny appleseed thing, which again was about alcohol. Apples are fucking weird if you plant an appleseed it'll grow a random breed of apples and not the type the seed came from

the sponsors of those nonpeer reviewed studies are also so surprising

I mean why would insurance companies and firms dedicated to lobbying congress/fda regulations care about vitamins being bad for you

How's about a real fucking apple you lazy fuck.

You're right user, apple are used to be full of vitamin. The problem is mass production. Producing fruits and vegetable faster, with less soil (or no soil at all), calibrated, created to stay 1 month in your fridge without damage, resisting insects and parasites... It works well. The only drawback is it loose all saviour and nutriment. Living in a country (France) where, sometimes, you can buy "traditional" fruits and vegetable (smaller, with an ugly look, stains...) I can tell you won't believe the saviour difference. Tomatoes and apples nowadays have nothing in common with what they used to be.

Hope it's trolling. You can't be so stupid...

Exactly. The problem is the apple industry.

The main benefit is the fiber. It's good for your anus.

There's nothing strictly-speaking unhealthy about fruit, but it is important to realize that beyond fiber, they are nutritionally devoid, and that you need to factor them into any calculations you're making re: dietary sugar.

That said, fiber is maybe the most overlooked part of a good diet, and if an apple or a big handful of blueberries gets you the fiber you need to run a smooth digestive process, then fine. But you'd be better off eating broccoli.