Opinion on Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Sup Forums?

Opinion on Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds Sup Forums?

Saw them live in Australia near the start of this year, one of the best shows I've ever been to

They were great at Blixa-era. They're okay now. Push The Sky Away was a disappointment, Skeleton Tree was better

Far and away my favourite band, Push the Sky Away is mad underrated imo
I too saw them in Australia, probably the best show I've been to

I've been listening to Push The Sky Away a lot lately, what is that you find disappointing about it?

I've had You believe in god, but you get no special dispensation for this belief now, stuck in my head for fucking weeks. It's infected my brain. I find myself writing it over and over when I'm meant to be making notes without realising it. help me

It's okay user, i was jamming Stagger Lee on bass the other day and now the first verse has been in my head ever since.

It feels somehow unfinished and far away of their style. I mean, it's not bad. Maybe it was a conclusion of their changing style what I just didn't see coming

I blame Warren Ellis input. I don't like his style at all.

Same mate, my friend doesn't like him as a person either, idk why I haven't dug into his personality. He was funny in 20,000 Days on Earth.

Cave has said that Blixa had an incredible influence on his music always. He also said that it was kinda good that he left so their sound can evolve

I'll agree that it's a pretty big change in style, but Ithink it's a great record in its own right. Also agree on the unfinished feel, one or two more tracks would've been good.

What he adds into their older songs in a live set is fantastic though. Red Right Hand and Stagger Lee had new life to them when I saw them live

>Ithink it's a great record in its own right
Sure, I think Ode of Orpheus or Skeleton Tree are the best post-Blixa albums. Nocturama is the worst out of all albums

>Red Right Hand and Stagger Lee had new life to them when I saw them live
I was so awed what he gave to Stagger Lee in 20,000 days on earth. It was epic.

Anyway, I enjoy more Blixa's band's music and his collaborations. NC&TBS comes near behind them

saw them in the 90's with Blixa. BRUTAL.

Call me a pleb but I think The Boatman's Call and No More Shall We Part are their best albums.

I'm jelly.
>tfw born -96
>tfw they, especially Blixa were at their best when I was a toddler

They're one of my favorite bands. I saw them at the Hammerstein Ballroom in 2014 and at the Kings Theatre last month. The Hammerstein Ballroom show was one of the top 3 best concerts I've ever been to. I really love the new direction they're going in with Push the Sky Away and Skeleton Tree, I think they're the best albums Nick has made within the last 20 years. Warren Ellis is based.

>No More Shall We Part
Probably the most underrated album

Hey Blixa user, do you have any idea why things went wrong with Nocturama? It was the last album to feature Blixa so I figure you might have some unique insight. It's not a bad album but it's definitely the worst album Nick has made.

Is The Ship Song really schmaltzy and tacky or one of his best songs?
I'm honestly not sure.

b-both, user ^.^

It's one of his best songs.

I think it didn't was due to the album. He got married and had Neubauten touring so he didn't have time for two bands and a family. According to Blixa and Nick it had nothing to do with the album

The first one. I've never got into that song

>I think it didn't was due to the album.
What?

Did I fuck up the sentence or are you confused that it wasn't due the album? I mean, I meant that his leaving was due his hurry, not because their tone changed in Nocturama

Fucked up the sentence. Now I understand you.

Okay, sorry about that

It's going to be a long summer.

Wrong thread?

would it make you even more jealous if i said i saw them 4 times with blixa back in the day?
one show in particular they played a version of loverman that was one of the most forceful ferocious things ive ever seen. fucking brutal.

dont worry im jealous of your age.
im an old middle aged cunt now.

I saw them at Nippon Seinenkan in Tokyo. Traveled hours on shinkansen to go see them. Really like them.

IT
WAS
BACK IN '32 WHEN TIMES WERE HARD

I'd say Henry's Dream is most underrated, no bad songs on it

Everything he has ever done is perfect. No exceptions.

his songs are amazingly boring overrated af

fuck off pleb, go listen to kanye or shit grips

What songs you think are not boring or overrated?

seriously though nick cave is overrated every song i've heard of his was so indistinct that if you played it without telling me it was him i'd just think it's some songwritery shit nobody has ever heard of.

in a similar category cohen and waits are way more interesting.

Henry's Dream [Mute/Elektra, 1992]
Cave's admirers crow about his literary virtues--a rock musician who's actually published a novel! and scripted a film! about John Henry Abbott, how highbrow! Then they proffer dismal examples like "I am the captain of my pain," or the bordello containing--what an eye the man has--a whalebone corset! (Whalebone is very literary--it hasn't been used in underwear since well before Nick was born.) If this is your idea of great writing, you may be ripe for his cult. Otherwise, forget it--the voice alone definitely won't do the trick. C

maybe lyrically, but at his peak, Nick Cave had one of the best backing bands ever

he's been with them since long before push the sky away

theres way more to nick cave than "songwritery shit".

This is such disingenuous bullshit

are you serious? nick cave's instrumental arrangements are about as boring as you can get. and when you put him up against cohen/waits it's no contest.
not really there isn't. sure he delves into other areas but it's always just a copy-paste effort with nothing that distinguishes it as him.

who cares, Mercy Seat and Into My Arms are classic pop songs with classic big pop choruses. Don't like the cut of the guy's jib either btw.

into my arms sounds like it wants to be a classic pop song, which makes it even worse as the bad gospel tune that it actually sounds like.

Let Love In is a 10/10

I'd like to see them again.

Nobody will have as unique guitar player than The Bad Seeds had desu

>would it make you even more jealous if i said i saw them 4 times with blixa back in the day?
Nope, one is enough.
>im an old middle aged cunt now.
b-b-but i'm le born in le wrong generation...

I really don't enjoy his voice at all and I tend to be super picking when listening to singer/song writer esque stuff, but I've read some pretty funny quotes from Nick Cave that make me love him as a person.