So WHAT THE FUCK was this movie Sup Forums?

So WHAT THE FUCK was this movie Sup Forums?

i honestly don't know
i enjoyed it though

Boogie Nights was too good so Anderson had to curb audience expectations with a so-so movie
Cruise was great though.

Pretentious garbage. Just erase it from your memory

I think it tried to be Godard's Slow Motion but turned out to be a glorified soap opera. It wasn't bad though, just not that good either.
He peaked with The Master after a good exercise on TWBB.

>He didn't "get it"

I love it. If you don't I van understand why but I also think it's just

2DEEP4U
D
E
E
P
U

>The god damn regret...

I understood the frog scene,i actually read about the 10 plagues a few hours before watching the film, i was interested in what creeping death means.

>He thinks the frogs are a reference to the plagues

Oh, user. Watch the beginning of the movie again.

an attempt at being a Robert Altman movie

a failed attempt

I saw lots of 82 in the movie, (first one in the hanging scene at the beggining) and 82 has to be a refference to exodus 8:2 which means:If you refuse to let them go, I will send a plague of frogs on your whole country.
So what am i missing?

Who cares about the frog's man. This film is directed so well. Every scene transitions to the next so seamlessly. And the score just brings you along. It's great.

You're overthinking it.

The point of the frogs is that it doesn't matter how much you plan and prepare yourself for life, most things in the world are completely out of your control.

This was illustrated in the movie by several characters plans being completely fucked up by a supernatural event of frogs raining from the sky.

Yea man, you're right, the frogs were just another thing that "happens" it leaves you saying "what the fuck just happend"

just turn off ur brain man

the 82 is a cute way of foreshadowing the frog rain that is about to come

the frog occurrence is indeed a way of suggesting that the world is governed by inexplicable chance that often gets in the way of our plans

in a godless universe in which everything is ruled by chance, perhaps the only thing we can do is smile when something or someone good happens in our lives

it's about how the mistakes of parents effect their offspring, and how their offspring choose to deal with the cards they're given. nothing more, nothing less.

Kevin Smith pls

This is undoubtedly the best film I will ever make.
- PTA

And he was right. Gotta admire the honesty.

Magnolia is objectively the best movie of the last 30 years.

Every PTA film apart from Inherent Vice (which was not his own story anyway) is about family or the search for one

That's why he has like 10 kids

i'm watching this right now. this is spooky.

lol!

See, you couldn't think of a better one. Thanks for proving my point, Tyrone.

Tyrone BTFO

The life in general being taken place in LA.