Advanced Accuracy Solutions Reaper weapon "support" system

so... this happened within the Australian Army today

and according to the aus army community FB page "The Digger Net" think its mentally retarded

have a look at the video

Seriously, is the R&D team are THIS fucking retarded? that adds more weight on the body, makes reloading a fuss and is damaging towards your back

youtube.com/watch?v=R1FspYLGokM

Fuck turnbull. fuck him in his stupid ass

Other urls found in this thread:

theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/unfriendly-fire-the-transgender-champion-and-the-mocked-major/news-story/5743f1d12bfe3d0953951c69ac83053a
youtu.be/3MEnEPDUA1o
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EdK2y3lphmE#t=176
tyrtactical.com/products/details/backpacks/mico-light-and-heavy-machine-gunners-assault-pack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>new zealand
Lol who cares faggot

im australian you fucking seppo

is this a joke thing by that carnik con guy?

clearly a sheepfucker with a proxy

Same thing but like i said who cares faggot

lol what happens if you let go of the gun?

who the fuck knows? these are way too retarded to be commissioned officers (Warrant Officer 1 is the highest rank in the NCO tree)

guessing the rope snaps or it just dangles and makes you look like a giant faggot

Our armed forces is run by cucks and trannies. Of course they'd think something like this is a good idea.

I'm assuming it's meant to be used for helicopter and other mounted gunners. I didn't watch the video, but if it's meant to be for dismounted troops then yeah I agree it's fucking retarded.

it is meant to be for the foot-troops

and who the fuck is that?

Even ignoring those issues wouldn't it increase muzzle rise while firing?

This is silly, did they have a SINGLE engineer on call to discuss this

I guess they didn't consider the idea that most infantry is mechanized these days and having a fucking claw off of your back is probably going to get caught on something.

>be austrailian
>military spending goes to a piece of shitty plastic
>piece of shitty plastic that holds the gun for you so you don't have to hurt your babby hands
What are you guys going to do with those subs

>be amerifag
>joined army/marines to fight for muh country
>never gets to due to mercenaries being deployed
>join private military company
>paid 10x more and serves with lesser time
what are you guys gonna do after you leave?

If it works..

Stop appropriating my culture, shitlord!

i was more thinking of the japs lol

Nothing like a shoot me pole sticking up behind you.

It's like the world's shittiest attempt to build pic related.

Seriously. If you're going to balance the weight of the gun for the soldier, you really can't do any better than a modified Steadicam mount like based Cameron chose to do.

People forget that the guy was an engineer and really knew his shit.

Too bad all you ausfags are too poor to afford the $15,000 per rig that a Steadicam gun mount would cost.

As a vet, the first thing I thought was...
>WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE I GOTTA DICK GROWING OUT OF MY FOREHEAD?!

You don't know the whole thing about that tranny officer?

We have had to give payouts to conservative officers that refuse to call it a woman and refer to him as a man. The tranny goes nuts and then the conservative gets a compensation payout from the army.

It is fucking ridiculous. here is a link so you can read more yourself.

theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/unfriendly-fire-the-transgender-champion-and-the-mocked-major/news-story/5743f1d12bfe3d0953951c69ac83053a

Imagine walking through a thick forest with that thing on.

You sound like the cancer killing our national armed forces!! get out now. we don't pay you to complain. this is a piddly workplace problem of no national importance.
Methinks OP a labor voter

This.

Also, good luck walking indoors without that thing getting caught on something.

Unless ofcourse all aussies are manlet hobbits.

yeah but you would need a medium machine gun the size of a browning in order for it to be effective

but is there an actual IRL version of this? link plz?

fuck me dead... seriously? first they let kebab as head of the navy now this?

nah, i dont vote for anyone. they're all retards. and you sound like one of the retards that made this piece of shit

>hobbits (kiwis)
>australians
pick one

A real soldier gets out in the field Removes offending device and commences removal of kebabs.

Id skip the fancy gunslings and have YOU in town removing kebabs.since I am not in any control this is now up to you then.so please Name the R&D dick and we will remove him.

>but is there an actual IRL version of this? link plz?
No, because modern conventional combat requires the changing of body positions to be effective (ie: prone to kneeling, kneeling to standing). Can't really shoot a machinegun like that with a steadycam rig in the prone position.

And tripods have less moving parts and are less likely to break in the field. Conventional combat has exactly nothing to do with the best material. It has to do with the most robust materials that are reliable for long periods of time and statistically likely to succeed over a large number of uses/used by people.

Special forces? Maybe. In limited capacity. But only in very specific ways and I wouldn't be surprised if it already exists. But it doesn't need mentioning. It would be custom made and then sold or dismantled after-the-fact.

link doesnt let me, can you copy paste it?

That thing is going to be awkward as fuck when getting in and out of vehicles. I don't really see a practical use for this. Also, why the fuck does the SAW gunner need to be able to shoulder fire his weapon in the first place. He should be prone using the Bi-pod, not standing with this retarded contraption strapped to his back.

>Expecting these Fatty McFatAsses to get into the prone to their feet without gasping and scarfing a cheeseburger to recover.

So it's basically a crane that you clip onto your back? I guess it could be a good idea for LMGs and other heavy weapons. But it just looks so stupid

Actually
youtu.be/3MEnEPDUA1o

i bet they think they can use this to lighten the load for women or some bullshit

>Actually...
>It shows pics of them training in the prone position.

It changes exactly nothing of what I said. All of this is robust. And the video straight up agrees with everything I said in the technical briefing.

you may as well have the same rig from Alien with the smart gun. the guy who made it actually based it off from cameramen carrying cameras with this

yeah but thats for ammo, THIS is apparently is for reducing the weight of the gun (which it doesnt)

OH SHIDD :DDD
WE ENDWAR NAO

Yeah, I'd bet that the SOCOM has some sort of system like that, probably collecting dust on some shelf, that would sling the weight and possibly dampen recoil, allowing a single SF team member to become a walking M240, or even M2 tripod capable of urban/Close quarters combat.

It'd likely be useless for regular infantry, but I'd imagine that it'd be a real "killer app" for certain, very specific sorts of situations. Even Seal/Delta teams need heavy suppressive fire, sometimes...

Yeah. Anything labelled "special forces" gets the first pick out of the five tiers and first cut of budget expenditures. Which translates into: "I want that. Give it to me now." And they get it.

More than likely if someone fantasized about something being used in war they paid money for it and own a version.

y'all look like a bunch of fuckin snorks

Considering rumors of a certain capability possessed by US special forces that I'm not going to discuss any further here...

(Google the USMC SUSTAIN concept for an idea of what I'm getting at)

All I'll say, is that an IRL smart gun wouldn't be the first time that SOCOM was heavily influenced by something out of Aliens.

They can't lift their guns

holy shit

Old, unfit, people designed and pushed this thing to (old but wannabee) senior Army. People who can't or don't want to fall down and get up, and haven't got the physique to hold at tension any more.

Falling down, setting up, jumping up and running is simply better. Walking fire is for tanks.

DARPA has been working on exoskeletons for 10+ years. What the hold up is, idk?
I'm guessing hydraulics and dusty enviroment don't mix.

>8 hour max battery life

>implying most of the lithium batters the military has last any longer than that

The voice command on this game was pretty awesome

>more batteries = weight
>pounds = pain

I could use one of those for my dick

Completely retarded. The fact that this device could progress to the stage where it is displayed to the public brings shame to Australia.

I mean, jesus fucking christ.

You are just mad becouse your dumb ass brain cannot do these kind of innovations.

>exo-skeletons
I seriously don't get your argument. At all.

Some digger is going to hang himself off that thing trying to jack off on picquet and die.

I'm fucking calling it.

That's going to suck ass in the woods when it gets caught up on shit.

well once the batteries go dead the suit itself is useless. dead weight

Fucking sick. Full auto hip fire/run and gun into the towelies boys.

Then you take it off?

What is the hit ratio on emus and migrant boats¿

then the enemy gets $100k of gear
HOW DARE YOU? I WAS FRESH OUT OF KAPOOKA WHEN IT HAPPENED!

(just kidding, im a civfag)

>take it off and leave it
Fuck you. And your fat boy American attitude of wasting millions of dollars equipment behind cause its too heavy.

Exoskeletons would be a fucking nightmare, dude. The last thing you want to do, as a grunt, is have to field strip yet another piece of equipment after marching up a goddamn hill with 120lbs of shit on your back. And if it breaks down for any reason, and trust me, it will, you're fucked.

The only avenues that seem appropriate for exoskeletons is loading ordinance on aircraft, which is precisely what the Navy is considering.

>then the enemy gets $100k of gear
How, exactly? You do fucking realize the military has HMMWVs, right? You don't just fucking take shit into the field without field support...

Fucking Australians, I swear... No wonder you lost to Emus.

Hey dude. It's his argument. All the solutions are simple as fuck.

Imagine giving one dude an exoskeleton and getting him to carry all the miscellaneous shit you don't want to.

That's what I would use it for.

Holy fuck I would love to be an exo mechanic

I'm so fucking tired of HETs and MATVs

I'm sure the first person to use stirrups was considered silly too, but actually they are great.
This? I dunno.
I suspect it gives your position away too easily.

Which is why DoD is exploring ground-based drones so that you're not taking someone off the line to be the designated baggage bitch.

Imagine getting your ass ram flank speed by an exoskeleton

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EdK2y3lphmE#t=176

since when you use humvees for marching?

fucking seppos, no wonder you suck at losing weight

Imagine a roo rigged with an exoskeleton running through your fuckin windshield.

But seriously. You can duel wield SAW thanks to this.

>He thinks there's no such thing as mechanized infantry.
>He thinks infantry and armor are all completely independent and do not support each other.

kek

The best shitposts have truth in them. This post was just shit, though. 3/10 for the effort but you can do better.

i know about mechanized infantry and light infantry

but this shit doesnt work out like that

>on the range
This is what happens when retarded officers and other paper pushers try to solve problems they know nothing about.

This is the only thing that a MG gunner should have on his back. No reloads and the weight on the back compensates for the weight of the gun.

Because you're a general in the US Army and what you say goes? :^)

That's the thing. I can't scream at a drone to fix its shit.

What do when jam

this is the thing, these arent commissoned officers, they're NCOs. but yeah they are paper pushers

When i was in the military i had 4 lockers that was as big as pic related and then a big box you put on top. Two of the lockers where field with the field shit that i used regularly like west, armor, helmt, boots and all that. One locker was filled with PT shit and clothes. The box was filled with sleeping bags and seasonal shit like winter clothing. The forth locker with shit that i was issued but i never used because it fucking sucked. You had to tackle the door to get it to close. Luckily we never had inspections of the lockers.

Guess which locker this contraption would have gone in to.

up Achmed's ass?

Oh my god this has got to be a joke. Those things are used by film crews to help hold cameras steady if you are going to be holding them for a while.

From my own experience using them, they are shitty and useless unless you are really holding it up for fucking ages with no break. Why would you be doing that with a M240 or whatever the fuck the gay cunts in the ADF like to call them.

This nations a fucking joke, so glad I didn't join the ADF now.

>What do when jam
Depending on the situation.
>Drop MG and engage with sidearm
>scream jam and drop down to the ground and have your buddy cover you while your try to clear it
>Rip it out and put a cassette or STANAG mag (if its a m249) into it
In other words, the same shit you normally.
>b-but muh link brake
That shit happens to pouches to, that is why you have spare ones you can use so that you can clear that shit later. If i had this i would just carry like 1-2 extra 100 round pouch and two magazines for link breaking inside the belt guide situations.

To bad its expensive as fuck though.
tyrtactical.com/products/details/backpacks/mico-light-and-heavy-machine-gunners-assault-pack/

I guess I really don't need my sleeping bag or food and water

first off, its not the MAG 58 its the F89 Maximi (which is the real name of the M249 SAW)

2nd, its not at all. its a more broken version of it

>I guess I really don't need my sleeping bag or food and water
Only when you where out sleeping in the field. Most of the days it was just a normal 8-5 job and you spend the day at the range/woods and then you went home and slept in your own home.

But they had to pay us more to do that so that only happened like 15-30 days a year.

Sorry, I meant that there was a non-retarded implementation of this that allows range of movement and doesn't increase your profile.

i like it

>F89 Maximi
No its not, that is just the name in your country. The real name is FN Minimi.

>still non using the FN Minimi and not the FN FN Minimi para.
topkek.

Maximi? is that a joke about Americans making fattened versions of guns?

Lol we don't even need an army, the invasion is by plane not by force.

Oh my god

Does k know about this?