/classical/

German edition
>inb4 how do I into classical
>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Blf8Y527DY
youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6Mzvh3XCc
youtube.com/watch?v=xGphaLAgpfU
youtube.com/watch?v=pq7SFe5caSE
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3790946
youtube.com/watch?v=DBimK9qhaeY
youtube.com/watch?v=Woymnj-XECo
youtube.com/watch?v=kBr6xPXotRs
youtube.com/watch?v=cHWs3c3YNs4
youtube.com/watch?v=qdzvk1BJOBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2pSLX-mWQw
es.coursera.org/learn/classical-composition
youtube.com/watch?v=wWxX-kf-2MI&t=3478s
youtube.com/watch?v=DXgMxL990SU
youtube.com/watch?v=H1RC0HeVi5A
youtube.com/watch?v=_qVxl1Q-84s
youtube.com/watch?v=dbbtmskCRUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is Schumann so good lads

remember what happened when someone put beyonce in op
haha
imagine if it won't happen when you put penises in op
what would it mean?

>i listen to classical music

DELET

Writing a multimovement piano piece, originally intended to be a sonatina but the movements are just too big for that.
Currently I'm on the 3rd movement (out of 4, in a symphony pattern rather than sonata).

I have two possibilities for 3rd movements I've made the mistake of putting equal work into, and can't decide.
>light, courtly minor scherzetto that fits nicely in aesthetic with the other two movements
>but isn't quite energetic enough to provide needed contrast
and
>bombastic thing that provides precisely that needed contrast with 2nd mvt while also connected motivically to 1st
>but for some reason it demands that it be modal rather than functionally tonal like the other two, and all attempts to change v-is to V-is just sound forced (secondary dominants sound perfectly fine, though).

What should I go with? I'd try to write something with the desired aspects of both, but I fear that would just result in three possibilities competing for attention instead of two.

Louis CK has good taste

Post old memes

youtube.com/watch?v=7Blf8Y527DY
how do i play like this

practice piano instead of browsing Sup Forums

>rubato that autistic
good for him

anyone r8 my classical chart? it's a work in progress. recs pls

>3:43

holy fuck
pic not related

you listen to memes

all music is memetic
stupid user u fuckin meme dip

this shit makes me want to kill old people. this shit is fuckin amazing and these old people dont care. plebs

is this bait

Orff isn't considered a good composer by anyone who is able to listen to a piece of music longer than Bohemian Rhapsody, is he?

>that picture
Christ that's a blast from the past

Nazis like him

Don't think I've ever looked at his oeuvre beyond Carmina Burana to the point that I couldn't name any other piece he wrote

replace Bach with pic related

replace Haydn with pic related

>replace one terrible AoF performance with another

you're welcome

>i don't listen to classical music because i have no attention spam

Carmina Burana is the only notable thing he had ever written is why

anybody know where i should look to find more hymn type music? like heyr himna smiður type music?

I have about 7 or 8 recordings of Die Zauberflöte scattered on my computer, and every time I play the overture to figure out which one it is, I end up wanting to hear the whole thing. Is this a natural thing to do, or is Die Zauberflöte just that good of a work? Or am I just a strange person?

You are definitely a monstrous weirdo.

How can we possibly tell you without knowing what the music sounds like?

Sounds a bit like Liszt's concerto #1, have a listen to that to help you make your mind up

the obvious choice is to make it crescendo from the ideas of the first bullet to the second
also if it's too big to be a sonata then orchestrate it into a symphony

they probably know exactly what they are listening to, and have evaluated that they've heard better

Listening to Ligeti's Requiem and what the hell is this?

a good ol' fashioned meme

I've got memed on alright.

classical music is for fags

classical fags are for music

>watch a Arvo Part documentary
>tfw he composed all of his music on a electric keyboard

So... he was basically a proto-soundcloud ambient loser?

He's more known for his teaching method than for his composing. Carmina is just a fluke. But his opera Antigonae is really good.

DAE compose mentally over other composition when listening to music?If I've got the score in front of me I almost always add 2 or 3 melodic lines mentally.

Finzi's Requiem da Camera is pretty qt. Nothing groundbreaking, but like much of his stuff it's very finely composed English romanticism.

Quick, post Jews who ruined music!

Pärt

youtube.com/watch?v=TJ6Mzvh3XCc

You first

Yes, he is one.

Might anyone know where I could get the rest of this album of the Cantigas de Santa Maria?
youtube.com/watch?v=xGphaLAgpfU

I've been looking for a while, but haven't found much. Someone once posted a bunch of them in some shitty, obscure file format (like .ra or some insane shit like that) on /lit/, like 5 years ago, but I don't have those files anymore. At any rate - I really like the group, and I'd love to hear more of their work on this stuff, but I don't know where it would be available. It's not on SLSK or anywhere that I would think to look.

do people really take Steve Reich seriously or have they finally realized he is just a massive meme?

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=pq7SFe5caSE

That's all 20th-21st century 'composers', really.

>attention spam
>spam

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3790946

Huh. Did not think the Russians would have it, so I didn't bother checking RT. Half the time they screw me over by not having major shit, half the time they help me by having obscure shit. Well, thanks.

Never mind - even though it claims to have seeders, there is no one seeding it. There are several peers, but not one functional seeder. So another avenue would be appreciated.

what piece of classical do i listen to in order to open my third eye

youtube.com/watch?v=DBimK9qhaeY

leave it to a jew to write something so abhorrent.

Childhood is when you idolize Mahler, adulthood is when you realize Mendelssohn makes more sense

Schickhardt

youtube.com/watch?v=Woymnj-XECo

Don't worry about it, I use rutracker a lot for classical music and opera films, and when that happens you usually just have to wait a couple days until someone picks it up

that was actually scary

youtube.com/watch?v=kBr6xPXotRs

Langaard Music of the Spheres. Or Norgård's 3rd symphony. Danes produce GOAT orchestral rep

>Prague

Schulhoff did a lot of musical shitposting. Wrote an oratorio using The Communist Manifesto as the text

no wonder he got gassed

Seriously, I listened to 5 minutes of Ligeti and it almost put me off music altogether.

Which Ligeti

András Ligeti

Gyorgy

Now watch this while you listen

youtube.com/watch?v=cHWs3c3YNs4

>he doesn't rock like an Hungarian
youtube.com/watch?v=qdzvk1BJOBQ

this one's actually neat:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q2pSLX-mWQw

>Chopin
Dropped.

sounds like Schnittke but happier.

So, Sup Forums, i had this vision of making a piece for cello quintet and Soprano. Has this been done before?

anyone has taken this course?:
es.coursera.org/learn/classical-composition

hey guys I'm new to this, but what does /classical/ thinks about Rachmaninoff?

it's pretty bad, sorry

>have to rescue /classical/ from page six
>buried by nigger rappers and crummy pop acts
its like you guys dont like music at all.

God, classical music is so fucking sexist. All there is is men, in all of the classical music anyone ever mentions. Try to tell me that the patriarchy isn't real when you look at lists of "the greatest composers".

His music is so fucking saccharine I want to physically vomit after going through one of his symphonies. It's like I ate 10 chocolate fudge cakes in an hour. Ugh.

you're missing the point

listened to Mahlers 9th, after a guy said that it was better than Beethovens 9th (and better and more "advanced" than any Beethoven). all i got was some rumiating music that didnt go anywhere and sounded awfully close to your generic movie soundtrack "classical" that sounds in the background, it had no presence on its own.

What recording did you listen to?

youtube.com/watch?v=wWxX-kf-2MI&t=3478s

>Bernstein
No wonder, he is exactly what you described

My favorite recording is that of Mark Gorenstein; but try this one, I'm sure you'll change your mind

youtube.com/watch?v=DXgMxL990SU

video is unavailable.

you posted the same link lol. will try on slsk.

Download the one from the second Mega link in OP (Fischer's), I'll upload Gorenstein tomorrow

Handel

youtube.com/watch?v=H1RC0HeVi5A

You're blowing my mind with that argument, son.

I found this quote from John Culshaw, not exactly an uninitiated person

>[Mahler's music] "makes me feel sick - not metaphorically but physically sick. I find his strainings and heavings, juxtaposed with what always sounds [to me] like faux-naif music of the most calculated type, downright repulsive."

Couldn't have said it better.

Fuck you

Mahler

youtube.com/watch?v=_qVxl1Q-84s

his music feels like when you enter a mall, and its early, they just opened, and you get assaulted by the thick vanilla scented liquid detergent they clean the floors with, its so palpable you can cut it with a knife. i like density in music, but this is some uningenuous thick shit, some phil spector shit in classic form.

wow, nope. i dont think that piece warranted the use of a symphonic orchestra, sounds like a super adorned chamber piece. very unidimensional too, expected way better from the "master of the XX century". that hungarian dance bit sounded dumb.

make way for some aural kino:
youtube.com/watch?v=dbbtmskCRUY

That's only the third movement; by the way, it's rooted in Klezmer