You could have prevented this

You could have prevented this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRqnTODwvEA
haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/curriculum-vitae
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

le smart blackman is so insightful!! wow if only everybody listened to him and followed his teachings

I think it was Bill Gates who once made the point that we could probably have flying cars if we wanted them, but instead we developed the internet, which is even more advanced and much better.

>flying cars

Carl Sagan shouldve fucked him up for being such a sensational piece of shit when he had the chance.

the amount of time civilization has spent contemplating football is relatively nothing doe

He's honestly thick as shit

It's like Ben Carson, loads of knowledge in a specific subject but an absolute dipshit generally

has this guy ever done anything of value for science?

or is he just an entertainer?

>he trusts people not to drink/text and fly

thank god for football right

Is this a sport?

youtube.com/watch?v=WRqnTODwvEA

>flash-in-the-pan-black-science-man

pls go

He's like a more dense Bill Nye.

>flying cars
what a retarded and dangerous invention, drivers would be crashing them against buildings and other cars above and below them, they already have enough trouble driving in 2d to add a 3rd one

What about all the time and money wasted helping black people

my sides are in orbit

>mfw vehicular terrorism in the sky

He's not being serious, is he?

Let me ask you one question. Why wouldn't he be serious?

>Theoretical physicists
>implying they are worth a shit in practical application
ISHYDDT

Especially with all the Muslims around. We can't have anything nice because of them.

Automatic driving is the next breakthrough for cars (besides alternative fuels). It's surprising that it's taking this long

>greg popovich could be designing a new society
>instead he draws plays for david lee

You can say the same thing about art/TV/literature/religion/etc

John Urschel does more research in the offseason than Tyson spends time tweeting about people not doing researchs.

kek

him being a yank probably means he's on about hand egg to which my answer is;
>Americans
>civilised

>flying cars
>what are planes?

Also if it wasn't football it would have been something else like art, music, etc.

look, I don't particularly like the guy but I'm pretty sure he meant flying cars figuratively. use that as a metaphor for general scientific advancement.

to which I still think an incorrect assessment of society. people need their opium. if not football it would be something else. we can't be all work no play all the time.

If he's so smart why doesn't he invent them and shut the fuck up and quit posting on Twitter

because he's a retard, the smart ones aren't writing stupid shit on twitter to get likes and retweets

>brain energy

has this guy ever done anything of worth for the scientific community? i feel like he spends his time on ellen degeneres and hanging out with floyd mayweather

Ben Carson is less of a dipshit than Neil Degrasse

Why would anyone want flying cars it would be a useless means of transport

this

It allows me to get my 72 virgins a lot easier

>all these retards ITT hating him just because the colour of his skin
I fucking hate this website, you are a bunch of insecure faggots

>flying cars
that's literally a helicopter

That's not even the reason. He's the Skip Bayless of science

But people here point out his skin colour

Sometimes I wonder if Neil Tyson would be a better "scientist" if he spent less time fantasizing about flying cars.

>implying the people who play football could have instead chosen to advance human potential

................Welcome to Sup Forums Juan Pablo.

I never got this fucking train of thought

Why does he say shit like this but he's not criticizing all the people who spend their time going to conventions, playing video games, doing outdoor activities, or taking part in other hobbies

why is it that people who watch sports are the only ones who are criticized

>all these retards ITT hating him just because the colour of his skin

gotta stand up for your own, right?

Not siding with the racists but being a black scientist is kinda his entire gimmick

Because the people you mentioned are his target audience, not the people who watch sports. He's a real scientist but above all he's still an entertainer.

TBF he at least has a doctorate, unlike Nye who just has a bachelors degree in engineering.

That being said, he's never published a goddamn thing.

Sagan was at least a serious scientist, very actively involved in the space program, and in cutting edge cosmology research. Tyson just makes TV shows and shitposts on twitter.

I thought Tyson published something on theoretical physics?

I might be wrong

He has a few papers in astrophysics journals and was a post-doc at Princeton (which has always been a very competitive spot despite what you might say about affirmative action). That being said he hasn't made an impact in his field and shouldn't be put on the same level as someone like Hawking (who is v good but far from being the GOAT).

Nobody would ever classify his work as theoretical physics.

this desu senpaitachi

Literally billions of dollars down the drain thanks to the (((war))) on poverty.

He's saying this tongue in cheek, but that doesn't change that it's still an obnoxious fucking thing to say.

NDT should fuck off. Same with Bill Nye. Show us SCIENCE you fucking pieces of shit, stop throwing your awful opinions at us.

haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/curriculum-vitae

It looks like he's published some stuff

Sometimes I wonder if we'd have flying cars by now had civilization spent a little less brain energy contemplating a meme "scientist"

there are 104 million non-whites (including hispanic """""""whites""""""""") in the US

if you spend an hour to execute each one at a cost of $1000 per person (for all equipment and materials, tracking them down, etc) you would spend only $104 billion for 104 million man hours

we could be done in a year if we hired just 12,000 people