What did Nolan mean by this?

What did Nolan mean by this?

The insane ramblings of a father.

>At last, I am interstellar
REALLY?

not only a genius detective, but also an astronaut.
Rust is a talented guy

I dropped this movie when the lead NASA pilot needed the concept of black holes explained to him with a paper and pen

you mean the worm hole

Can someone tell me why self-contained biospheres on Earth won't save humanity, but large space stations within our solar system will?

he actually said this?

>Nolan
>A sensible plot

why would a guy who steers a plane have any understanding about theoretical physicics?

The earth's life force was depleted, and all life was being driven to extinction by it.

His degree is in engineering so it probably included physics. He could have taken theoretical physics as an elective.

Remember, he's super-smart too.

Careful. Actors playing only one character throughout all their movies is a dangerous meme.

And she died of a broken heart.

>People call this "scientifically accurate" with a straight face

>We are sending you through a wormhole
> A what??
>Don't worry mate the nigger is gonna show you the paper trick 5 mins before you go in lol

kek

There was a lot of diseases among the crop, dust storms, bad climate that could affect life within the biospheres.

There is less chance of a station in space being hurt, than on earth.

Asteroids are a heck of a long way from each other, and would most likely never hit an object that small floating in space.

Still doesn't make sense. Any environment simulated in a space station can be perfectly replicated on Earth. If you're worried about airborne contamination, create sterile facilities underwater.

Literally retarded.

That he is an hack without any idea.

But the point was not to create a permanent holding for humanity, but more a generational vessel. Transporting humanity as a whole to the new planet, if it was capable of sustaining life.

It's literally explained throughout the movie multiple times.
So unless you mean to move the entire earth out of orbit and through a black whole, with the population sustained in domes, then I have no idea what the fuck your dillema is.

His dilemma is that he has a very poor understanding of science that should have been taught in elementary school, but wasn't for whatever reason

Padme dying of a broken heart is more reasonable desu.

Google takotsubo cardiomyopathy.

Can someone post gifs and webms of some TOP Nolan action scenes?

The ending to this movie was a travesty and it was full of a lot of stupid bullshit.

>This is a top secret NASA facility
>Its literally open air and if you pull up to the front a robot will kidnap you

I thought it was all the last moments of a dying pilot. That would have been better, as be literally gets what he wants.

scene in the black hole.made me cry though

Whatever flaws the movie has, it's worth it for the times it's just perfect. The scene where he watches his kids grow up without him gets me, every time.

Bad Climate caused by what? Did the diseases cause the Dust Storms? What caused the bad climate?

If the Space Stations are pretty much like earth in every single way, why do they need to get to that planet close to the black hole?

Also if they cracked gravity, what's keeping them from creating another wormhole in a place where there isn't a black hole? Decades pass between the eureka moment and the ending of the movie.

1st year physics you fucking american idiot.

He wanted everyone to forget he made a shit movie that made no sense and had one note characters that not one cared about Muuuuurph

top kek

You don't learn about wormholes in first year physics. It's almost entirely motion-based, then electricity and magnetism, maybe heat and sound.

You're arguing with someone who read about worm holes on wikipedia or in some pop science book and is now lecturing people on an Armenian genocide forum on something he is only passingly familiar with.

You're wasting your time.

Didnt learn the math, no, that is started at 4th year physics here, a little in 3rd. But first year has it in it. We have a class that finishes special relativity and goes into the concepts of general relativity. Far better than a pencil and a paper on a space ship does. Are you from america?

Part of the problem was that the bending paper has been done so many fucking times. This was consulting an amazing scientist, there were many better and more accurate ways of explaining this since the 80s

Why did they need the planet if the Habitats were just as good as old Earth? They managed to create ship after ship for a 7 Billion population, that's borderline Superstructure.

Why couldn't they say in Sol and mine the fuck out of everything? In the meantime (And I'm talking centuries) they could've probably Terraformed Mars, reverse the damage done to Earth, create more habitats or even a Dyson Sphere or something like a Halo Ring.

"Let's go inside the Wormhole to live close to a black hole"

Why did the Humanity of the future had to conceive this complex plan that involved the Remnants of NASA sending the Father of a girl, who happened to be educated by the last Head of NASA (Who was also working on cracking Gravity) to a system with a Rotating Black hole who, in his right mind, decided to get inside the black hole (And survive a Spiralling and elongating death) just to get him inside a Time travelling dimension just to get Quantum Data on the Black hole and then send that data through Morse code to a clock that was inside his Daughter's room, 30 or so years later.

What the fuck was their problem? If they're able to do this kind of shit, couldn't they just get the girl and send that data inside her brain? I don't know, couldn't they just send the information through radiowaves pretending to be aliens? "Here's the gift of space travel, find us" or some shit like that.

This movie has incredible moments, but when you start thinking about it, it falls down.

You can't reverse the damage done to the Earth, it's lifeforce was gone. Mars was also a long dead planet, impossible to terraform. They had to find a younger planet with a thriving bio-aura.

>You can't reverse the damage done to the Earth, it's lifeforce was gone. Mars was also a long dead planet, impossible to terraform. They had to find a younger planet with a thriving bio-aura.

>lifeforce
Stopped reading

>Life-Force

Seriuosly

Love can transcend time and space

>when the truth doesn't line up with what they taught you on r/coolscienceshitorwhatever

Welcome to the real world boys.

I cried so hard in the theater.

you got shit on but you're right.

all about dat heated core