What is the best pop album of all time ?

What is the best pop album of all time ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fx pink tape

You really needed to ask?

See

yeah

>Not posting Smile Sessions?

Generally, when people say album they are not referring to compilations, especially archival ones because at that point you'd go for some 50-cd box set of Miles Davis or Bob Dylan

this

I say I'd make an exception for Smile Sessions because it was supposed to be a album itself, but fine I see your point

word

duh

This or Visions. Nothing else could even compare.

I'd say that there isn't, because pop music is so dynamic. Like trying to hold water in your hands.

this

Most music is pop music tho

Crowded House s/t

Who is the best Emma?

kys

This is most generic album I've ever heard

nice b8 m8

Nice b8. Now do you mind posting even one similar album to it, if you pretend it's generic?

Not baiting, it's the definition of a pretentious artsy album with no substance. Musically there's nothing that stands out and I can only think it has an appeal for potheads.

roberts obviously

Any dreampop, any synthpop

Post exact names. Let's see that album with songs in the same style as Scream, Realiti, California, Life in the Vivid Dream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly, Easily. All on the SAME ALBUM.

She's a goddess, do you have more of her?

I don't listen to generic art pop

1989, objectively

Art Angels has nothing in common with dreampop

It's literally tumblr: the album

Wait a fucking minute: you say Art Angels is generic and then you say you don't listen to generic art pop? Do you realize the paradox of your statements? How do you even know that AA is generic without a term of comparison? FIY generic means ordinary / common, not bad.

Gotcha.

I bet he didn't even listen to it. He's just talking out of his ass.

>pleb spitting buzzwords
Do you even know how Tumblr music* sounds like?

It just sounds like old synthpop and vaporwave, it can't get more generic than this.

speakin of pop what happened to britney spears? she released dance stuff in 2013 and 2015 and its been like two years

This or Rumours

>43 replies
>no one posted the obvious answer

WORD

>It just sounds like old synthpop and vaporwave, it can't get more generic than this.
False. Just because it has synthy sounds it doesn't mean it's the same as the old synthpop. Vaporware is a recent branch of synthpop, it's not even a decade old. When Grimes released Lethe EP in 2007, Vaporware didn't even exist. Pay attention to details, bro.

Signed: a synthpop fan.

defnitely his best, the others are full of filler tracks

This is literally the only right answer. Any faggot here whose genuinely interested in pop music listen to this. Don't believe the Grimes meme. Her music is fucking garbage and the only people who say it's good are the autismo who are into 2/10 girls.

this.
If anyone says grimes theyre retarded.

>Like trying to hold water in your hands.
so much cringe

You should see how she looks now too, a sporty MILF...i want to see how flexible she is...

Elliott Smith - Either/Or
The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Molly Drake - Molly Drake
Belle and Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Stereolab - Dots and Loops

Any of these could be a contender

So Grimes can be considered an avant-garde artist and was influential to Vaporwave? That's really cool
I still don't think anything of her can be seriously ranked among the best pop albums of all time tho

Way to piss on your own argument, autist. Ever occured to your monkey brain that someone could enjoy both The Beach Boys and Grimes? It's not they're even competing on the same genre.

Off the wall is better though

See Replace The Beach Boys with MJ and it's the same point.

Beach boys-pet sounds
Beatles-abbey road
Vampire weekend-vampire weekend
Dr dog-fate
Michael jackson-off the wall

not saying you cant enjoy grimes while also enjoy other pop artists like this guy, but she is in no way a contender for the best pop album of all time.

>So Grimes can be considered an avant-garde artist and was influential to Vaporwave? That's really cool
That EP was obscure, so I doubt she influenced Vaporware. But her first 2 albums Geidi Primes and Halfaxa are way more interesting than any Vaporware stuff. Way, way more.

>I still don't think anything of her can be seriously ranked among the best pop albums of all time tho
That's just your opinion. Her albums are very well crafted, with plenty of exquisite melodies that lodge into your brain, lots of cool beats, plenty of quirky aesthetic and most importantly: emotional songs. That's why her fanbase love her so much. The replayabilty of her songs is sky high.

>she is in no way a contender for the best pop album of all time.
that's just your opinion

She is a contender, because she did perfect pop. Seriously, how could someone hope to make better pop songs than Oblivion and Realiti?

youtube.com/watch?v=JtH68PJIQLE
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

Her albums are chock full of great songs. Why would people waste time with a general /grimes/ thread on Sup Forums is she wasn't actually amazing?

see

I don't give a shit if you enjoy shit music, but if you call it the best then you fuck off.

>I don't give a shit if you have an opinion different from mine, but if you post it then you fuck off
reminder that on reddit you can downvote opinions until they're not shown, you should go there

Hey dumbass, ever heard of the fact that music taste is subjective?

>but if you call it the best then you fuck off.
>stop haing different opinions
Grow up, monkey.

There's a dedicated Grimes subreddit, you should go there, it suits your autistic fetish for a women that looks absolutely fucking disgusting.

Try to name a better pop record.
Protip: you literally can't.

>Subjective

Kek, is this what Grimes fags are using to justify their shitty taste.

Also what this whole place uses as their only argument.
I honestly don't know why some of you (or me before) keep looking for discussion here, this place is useless for that.

It's not COMPLETELY subjective, though I don't think much can be said about objectivity on pop music.
Production wise Grimes is top tier, Vocal wise she's not very good, I guess those the only two things you can look at.

>using to justify their shitty taste
Chill down, autist. Music taste is subjective. Just listen to whatever you like and stop insulting other people's taste. BTW, Grimes is a highly acclaimed artist and you're a mere contrarian idiot. Take that.

>Take that.
Not that guy but that shit sounds like something a 13 years old would say.

What is this from?

You reek of Reddit, newfag.

Acclaimed by who? Music critics are a joke

Emma Stone.

this is it

nerve

wrong

This is the only correct answer.

>Music critics are a joke
That doesn't change anything about the fact that music critics influence which albums are acclaimed. Look at your library: how many poorly rated albums do you have compared to the rest?

fappin to spears doesnt sound bad at all she just doesnt age
also nicki minajĀ“s like god damn, girl

>Acclaimed by who?
By patricians / people that matter, who else? You, not included.

>By patricians
God, stop it.

I have a lot of albums that are not even rated. The thing is, most critics critions are not even music related, they are more political
e.g. Kendrick Lamar

dumb frogposter

>pop you can't even sing along to

what's the point?

I'm not saying about the quality of their reviewing but about the fact that like it or not, their reviews are influential.

>what's the point?
Enjoying the actual piece of music?

Roberts is garbage compared to Stone, sorry.

Why would people waste time with a general /grimes/ thread on Sup Forums

because they're losers who got infatuated with her cuteness and now overrate and shill her music, ruining this board in the process.

Grimes is a mediocre musician and would be forgotten if she wasn't female.

nope

fag

And she's a massive uggo too

Absolutely bullshit and you know it. Let's destroy your arguments one by one:

>her cuteness
Her cuteness alone wouldn't get her too far on a music board. There are artists cuter than her (e.g. That Poppy) and who gives a fuck about them (at least on Sup Forums)? Checkmate #1.

>now overrate
She's already acclaimed by critics. "Overrated" is just a buzzword for artists that are critically acclaimed but you dislike. Irrelevant. Checkmate #2.

>and shill her music
Posting an established musician on a music board is not shilling. According to your dumb logic discussing The Beatles or Radiohead is shilling too. Checkmate #3.

>ruining this board in the process.
The board was already awful (elitism, vanity, sexism, misogyny, meme culture, plain bullshit and shitposting). Nothing of value has been lost. Time for a resurrection. Checkmate #4.

>Grimes is a mediocre musician
Just your opinion. Irrelevant and not backed by any evidence. Checkmate #5.

>would be forgotten if she wasn't female
Her gender prevents her to be taken more seriously. If she would be male she would be someone like Prince. As I said before, her cuteness and the facts she's a female wouldn't get her too far without great music. She's a muscian, not an actress. Checkmate #6.

My 2 cents.

>idiot not realizing that it's against his own argument
So, if she's ugly and her music is bad, why so many people care about/discuss/like her? Do you really pretend that an ugly and untalented artist gets so much acclaim based on thin air? You must be seriously delusional.