Can Sup Forums explain why "suicidal" people jump off of bridges into water...

Can Sup Forums explain why "suicidal" people jump off of bridges into water? It's not like you're hitting something like concrete so you almost never die. Is it just a cry for attention?

>it's not like concrete
ever heard of surface tension?

>What is surface tension

So much ignorance in one post.

I dunno if you can be saved, OP. You're doomed to a peasant's understanding of reality.

>It's not like you're hitting something like concrete so you almost never die.
You should conduct an experiment to find out if that's true.

I can see you're pretty new here

Please leave this page forever

I can see you're pretty new here

Please leave this webzone forever

newfag being a newfag in front of a bunch of newefags

When you're jumping off the bridge, depending on the height, you can reach a speed upward to 85 mph. When you hit the water you accelerate the opposite direction and you can't handle it so it'd like hitting road but the road is liquid. If you didn't die on impact you die by drowning because all your bones are broken and you can't move.

Ok mr knowitall, tell me then why I see people diving from 10mt in the olympic games and they survive? Huh?

>the fucking wave as he's halfway down
hilarious

I always wondered that, its not like youre hitting something hard. Like diamond, the hardest metal know to mankind.

>What is surface tension

When the person jumps, the kinetic energy is transferred directly into the water, because of the lack of compression of liquids, the bodies impact is likened to hitting a brick wall. some people also try to jump onto boats, My boss said he was on a boat going under the bridge in OPs picture, and heard a splash and it was a person who tried to fall onto his boat, but missed by a few feet.

You took the b8, m9. Watch the documentary The Bridge. It's all about autists searching out the Golden Gate Bridge to anhero with a few personal stories as well as gore.

see Also calling somebody a knowitall isn't much of an insult

>YOU KNOW THINGS. I DON'T. HOW BOUT HEM APPLES?

Because divers don't dive 250 feet into water.

I hope this is bait because you're an idiot

waiting for someone who committed suicide by jumping off a bridge to give us pros and cons of this suicide method

Newfag trying so hard to fit in

i like bridge jumpers! you dont need to clean after them.

>HA, I was prettending

i did and heres what i learned from the experience.
pros : 100% effective
cons : doesn't always work and sometimes hurts

You said diamond is the hardest metal...
Not a metal but hard like my cock...owhhh.

>so you almost never die
do you have statistics about that or you just invented shit?

Dub dubs

>be me
>gf of 4 yers left me
>feels bad man
>fuckit.mp3
>decide want to an hero
>find closest bridge to river
>jump.mp4
>hit the water
>momentary shock, am I dead?
>icantfeelmylegs.jpeg
>swim to shore cus muh arm strength
>both legs broken, nearby jogger sees whole thing
>calls hospital
>mfw -10/10 experience, should have picked a higher bridge

>Implying everyone here isnt a newfag trying to fit in

The last time I killed myself I jumped off of a bridge with a toaster but i didn't bring enough extension cord so i ended up swing ing, not unlike tarzan, all the way to land and hitting a kiddie pool filled with feces.

If they're trying to hit the boats, why don't they just jump off a building? What's so special about bridges and dying?

Explain dis.

FUCK!

I was too late. Listen here, kids. This is fucking copypasta. It's older, a bit more obscure.

But this shit was posted frequently a couple years ago.

Don't try to logic with this retard. He wants a fight.

In the documentary I mentioned above, their is one guy who was located that survived the jump and is interviewed. Most all people die, but there are some who survive and are pulled out by the harbor police or someone on their boat, or they flop around for a bit then drown and get pulled under by the crazy currents.

Right? on the off chance you don't die you're going to drown, jumping from a very high building sounds far better.

He died tho

MFW op is in middle school

Op, water is concrete depending how high you fall from

Imagine what a bellyflop feels like but x1000

I have jumped off 36 bridges across America and have never broken a bone

>its not like youre hitting concrete

obvious troll is obvious

You're telling me if i jump from a high enough point water will literally turn into concrete? If that was true all the oceans would be parking lots
Dumbass

He is diving, he is making a point with his hands displacing the water before he goes into it

When I was young I jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge because some kid dared me to. It really fucking hurts when you hit the water. I wasn't even trying to commite suicide. I was just an idiot. Know ones going to believe me on here but what ever. They did a news story about me.

No you didnt.

Can Sup Forums explain why "high" people jump off of ledges into ground? It's not like you're going to literally go high like as a kite so you almost always die. Is it just a cry for attention?

It's called surface tension dumbass

You know on a similar note, all these people that jump into bodies of water and survive ALWAYS tell stories about regretting their decision the very moment they start falling. Suddenly their lives make sense, they overcome whatever is bothering them. This of course only applies to people that are capable of speaking after they survive... I think most of these people end up severely crippled and immobilized, while the rest die.

I can't imagine regretting my decision, hitting the water and breaking my spine, only to sink into a cold abyss choking to death, awake

i will never understand how newfags can keep responding to bait threads like these.

Is this bait? If you jump off a bridge into water you will almost definitely die. If not from the initial impact you will drown.

yeah, this place is only for dumb-asses!

how did you land on the water?

nerve gas

i like this meme

>pretending to be the kid in the documentary
Kill yourself for real

When people fall from the bridge is not the hit that kills them but the fall. Water is liquid and liquids change shape to adapt to their surroundings so it will adapt to a person falling on it and not cause any harm.

Learn to physics retards

True not just bridges but most jump survivors say the first thought is wishing they didn't jump. Not joking either they regret it and most are happy they survive.

"will adapt to a person falling on it and not cause harm" b8

>surface tension
sur·face ten·sion
ˈsərfəs ˈtenSHən/
noun
noun: surface tension

the tension of the surface film of a liquid caused by the attraction of the particles in the surface layer by the bulk of the liquid, which tends to minimize surface area.

Water will distort around an object entering it, but it can only do so at a finite speed. If you enter the water slowly, it has plenty of time to move around your body, but if you increase your speed, you decrease the time the water has to move. If you move fast enough, even the air in our atmosphere can kill you.

Feet first I tore my lung open and broke my fucking tail bone.

Though I've never been able to find it again I read a book in highschool that was about research in to why people who jumped out of planes over the ocean died. It explained that if you hit in a way other than trying to dive in feet or hands first, your surface area will violently decelerate you. This may result in broken bones, terrible bruising, etc. However, your soft squishy inside bits will still have momentum even though the water has stopped your skin and skeleton, which can result in concussion/brain damage, ruptures in the lungs, and tearing of the aorta and pulmonary vessels.

IIRC they did some verification of this by launching guinea pigs at a body of water.

It was a weird book.

Hey man jump off a bridge 80ft into a river, 1,000,000$ says you'll break your neck or back and then drown. if you don't break any bones you'll still probably be swept away by an undertow

I wasn't the kid in the documentary I've seen the bridge I had no part in that

everyone saying "SURFACE TENSION" is a fucking retard. there is no surface tension in natural bodies of water because it's constantly being broken by waves. ESPECIALLY at the golden gate bridge. if you actually die from jumping there then you should kill yourself

hitting the water from a high enough jump is like hitting solid ground.
you should try it

>falling for this CP
this is bait boyo

>if you actually die from jumping there then you should kill yourself
retard