Soo me and my friends got togheter and finally formed a band, we've been playing for an year now...

Soo me and my friends got togheter and finally formed a band, we've been playing for an year now, the point is the music we're making. I like midwest-emoish melancholic stuff, our bassist listens to hip hop, jazz hop and similar, our other guitarrist listens to a lot of heavy stuff and our drummer basically plays only pop punk. How do we combine different influences without making our music suck bad?

>How do we combine emo, pop punk, hip hop, and heavy metal without sucking

You don't. Anything that comes out of a combination of those influences is going to be trash

Easy:
>have guitarist #1 play metal riffs
>you (I assume you are guitarist #2) play twinkly lead parts over the riffs
>have bassist play hip hop groove basslines
>have drummer play simple/energetic 4/4 and 2/4

If you hadn't figured this out already, perhaps you should not be in a band

whoevers the songwriter decides what it'll sound like. chances are your band doesn't have a good one and is fucking shit tho

Sounds like you've been in shitty bands

To be honest guitarrist1 likes a very wide range of genres so that would be the minor issue

Listen to more American football

if you've been in bands you've been in shitty bands. for real though this is a classic "lol we all listen to different stuff isn't that interesting" band that almost always turns out to be shit.

>if you've been in bands you've been in shitty bands
Again, if the sum of your band is just one member, then it's not a very good band. A band should be the sum of it's whole.
>"lol we all listen to different stuff isn't that interesting"
Irrelevant.

having a primary songwriter isn't the same as having a backing band don't be stupid.
also it's relevant because that's what OP is talking about maybe try reading the thread.

>having a primary songwriter isn't the same as having a backing band don't be stupid.
Except that is exactly what Don't be dense
>also it's relevant because
Not to what you were replying to. Did you just randomly reply to anyone?

How about pop oriented nu metal

you sound like someone who has never been in a band before or if you've been in one it has been a clusterfuck of everyone just masturbating to their own little parts which have nothing to do with each other and sounds like shit.
how is that not relevant to shitty bands when this is a classic setup for a shitty band? you're just turning this into some weird meta argument like a mega autist.

>you sound like someone who has never been in a band before
I've been in about 12 over the last twenty years. You?
>if you've been in one it has been a clusterfuck of everyone just masturbating to their own little parts which have nothing to do with each other and sounds like shit.
Wow soudns like you've had bad experiences playing with bad musicians.

I haven't had that experience because I'm good enough to pick and choose who I play with. Nice try though
>how is that not relevant
Oh so you replied to the wrong post.

No
Yes
No
Yes
You'll find a following for anything you do, but if you combine these influences you will be a cultural impediment

>I don't like it so it's bad
Stop

you sound like the classic bitter 30-year old loser who played in a string of crappy bands that never got anywhere t b h.
>Oh so you replied to the wrong post.
so you have no reply to the autistic argument you started, this reply is just more evidence of what you probably are irl.

>you sound like the classic bitter
I'm about to release (another) record and go on tour. What is there to be bitter about?
>so you have no reply to the autistic argument you started
A refusal to feel empathy about someone else's point of view? Where are you on the spectrum?

Your projects are probably utter shit.

post (non-existent) proof :^)
>saying i'm a bad person for saying you're autistic while suggesting i'm autistic.
lmao you sound confused buddy.

>post (non-existent) proof :^)
Post your last.fm and I'll tell you if you've heard any of my bands
>lmao you sound confused buddy.
Not really. You've been saying over and over again "no YOU'RE WRONG I"m RIGHT!" Lack of understanding and accepting others' point of view is a symptom of autism.

it's like you post like you're trolling but you're being completely serious.

Not that guy, but how do you find people that share your creative visions? At least remotely have the same feelings? Only been in 2 bands where the same shit happened:
>We all get together
>Said instrument player plays something completely different
>Try to get them to play something else
>They get upset/uninterested and leave

Jam with as many people as possible (use the internet if you have to), watch live shows of local bands you like and talk to them after, also write your own stuff.
If someone sucks or doesn't share the same goals/vision as you don't waste time and dump them asap. Also, being able to communicate well makes things easier.

>I don't like what you said, so it must be trolling
Sure kiddo

simple: write music and dont play your influences.