Do Americans enjoy dance music? Not EDM, but actual dance music...

Do Americans enjoy dance music? Not EDM, but actual dance music. To say it's the birthplace of both Techno (Detroit) and House (Chicago + New York), you rarely hear people talk about it, only Europeans really

What are some big clubbing cities?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T67AzIt0O9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=bsUWK-fixiA
youtube.com/watch?v=7hPMmzKs62w
youtu.be/nFmhnDHJn90
residentadvisor.net/features/932
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kys weeb

i do and i'm american. it's actually surprisingly easy to find people who also like dance music. just walk down any street in any major city near a club and you're bound to find some people who like house and techno.

Thanks, all I wanted to know really. The cancer known as /bleep/ makes out all American just like EDM and have no taste in dance music (I R O N I C) but you'd figure the people who invented said music still listened to it.

Its merely a reflection of the American retards on this board who are mostly fucking awful at music so really not a fair representation of Americans.

what you create and what you check out as creator can just be two whole different things
besides if i made that song i´ve already heard it million times during production phase so i want something else, you feel me?

Yeah, good point. Thanks for the info, i'm planning a trip to America in future, and high chances of moving there after uni, so always good to know this kind of thing (big clubber, in a way)

It's largely down to exposure, Sup Forums is 90% Americans whose exposure to bleeps is minimal and mostly EDC/ultra shit but rap is huge whereas Europe has been much, much more exposed to the plethora of bleeps, less rap ergo, Sup Forums calls all bleeps EDM but treats rap as a more separate varied genre.

In England, we have jungle used in car commercials and even political parties using dance music in their campaigns, its music people in American towns never even hear.

IMO ambient and chill house with vocals should be the next big thing after trap coz it doesnt try too hard to be tough or badass like memesteps/big room

BE NICE, NIGGER

Americans are too frightened to dance, they have no spirit.

>implying amerifats have enough energy to dance for longer than 2 seconds

lls I remember that

youtube.com/watch?v=T67AzIt0O9Y

le epic meems my fellow europeans! EU for life, fuck america !!!!! XD

#TooFatToDance

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. You're next...

Why are americans so mad? Brits just shrug their shoulders at you transgenders.

how the fuck this beat went so hard? EDM x Pop has been killing it for past few years
youtube.com/watch?v=bsUWK-fixiA
youtube.com/watch?v=7hPMmzKs62w

Am American, I love dance music but never have seen a club in my life

youtu.be/nFmhnDHJn90

12. Cielo, New York
24. Avalon Hollywood, LA
28. Pacha, New York City
34. Pawn Shop, Miami
47. Smart Bar, Chicago
50. Love, New York City
78. King King Club, Los Angeles
88. Bar 13, New York
89. Sullivan Room, New York
90. Vanguard, Los Angeles

residentadvisor.net/features/932

We don't talk about it anymore because Euros made it shitty and really, really gay.
Like when someone covers one of your songs and it makes you not want to play it anymore.

>made it shitty and really, really gay.
>made house gay
>implying

I've been curious about getting into dance music but I don't know what to search for or what's considered good

Pretty diverse desu senpai, i'd start with Chicago House if you wanted to see the roots of it all. Techno is a good start too.

There's UK Garage, Dubstep, Jungle/Drum 'n' Bass, it all depends on your sort of interests really. Do you like soulful music with a simple beat? Try House and Deep House. Do you like sci-fi sounding music with mechanical rhythms and spacey synths? Try Detroit Techno. If you like that but prefer something a bit more stripped down, try Minimal Techno, and so on and so forth.