How did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the worst, most cringeworthy fanbases on the planet (i.e...

how did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the worst, most cringeworthy fanbases on the planet (i.e. teenage Sup Forums edgelords), and does this correlate with death grips somehow ("angry"/aggressive music having high meme value)?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveinlimbo.com/2014/06/12/capsule/capsule-33-swans.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hadn't thought the fanbase was too edgy but I bailed out of Sup Forums back when TBK came out so things could have changed.

I don't think Gira cares, and for all the weird edgelords and "so random" fans like the chick in a bunny hat in The Seer live DVD there are actual fans who just go for the music

I went to see them the other week, and the crowd seemed fine, just one splerg who probably browses this site wearing a cat mask.

Dont know anything about that, i once had the chance to see them live once and desu the people there were all 18+ (or atleast looked like) only saw one underage.

a lot of pretentious sadmen like them. not all garbage people are under 20 though

when I saw them a few years ago there were two pricks in cat in the hat type hats and fur coats filming him and being wankers and Gira called them out, it was great

>how did 35-year old swans of all bands end up with one of the worst, most cringeworthy fanbases on the planet (i.e. teenage Sup Forums edgelords), and does this correlate with death grips somehow

The answer is the memelord Fantano.

makes sense. i know he gave to be kind the rare 10, but the spergs were around for the seer as well. did he review that one?

It got a 9.

The Seer is better, and Fantano's taste is lacking.

8 actually

well no wave had literally one good album in its entire existence. so they pivoted to post rock, a sure bet. then they got acclaim, so they repeated the same formula with their industry knowledge and insider PR connections. The Seer was a good album. Then they became extremely boring and click-baity.

can we please not acknowledge that clown, apart from tearing into him for legitimizing amateur criticism?

The crowd at St. Andrew's Hall in Detroit was pretty normal. There were a few hipster-types there, but nothing strange.

Melon is a quite likable beast tho.

your daddy gira did that already liveinlimbo.com/2014/06/12/capsule/capsule-33-swans.html

gira has a very pleasant voice! i figured he'd sound like the mouth of sauron

>Gira
>PR Connections

my god you faggots on the internet are such faggots

getting rave reviews doesn't just happen buddy. sorry it's not 1969 anymore

mikey...

First time listening to pic related, i haven't heard anything more inaccessible, perhaps only Sunn O)) or Nanocyborg Uberholokaust