/daily/ - DEAD edition

teehee get it
because /daily/ is dead lol

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8h2VvMgwIF4
youtube.com/watch?v=4nNah9vDnD0
youtube.com/watch?v=uxgYJE3HqNA
youtube.com/watch?v=C0EGJYmvCFo
youtube.com/watch?v=5CXRr0XWxYM
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kaitlyn-aurelia-smith/ears/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/konx-om-pax/caramel/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/panabrite/the_baroque_atrium/
nicolascollins.com/darkandstormytracks.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=7ISPYIreKfE
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/swarms_f1/nostalgia/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/trampique/face_to_face/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for modern jester is an 8/10

third for out to lunch is also probably going to be an 8/10 if it keeps up

im not wastin time with this
gimme another rec, trip.
choose an album, rec me any song from anywhere.
aw :,)

haven't heard frictionalism anyway desu.

this is a wrong opinion

This is going to be exactly like Brainbombs isn't it
Feel like I'm taking crazy pills

goodbye babylon

song: youtube.com/watch?v=8h2VvMgwIF4

you're trying to treat it as being more tryhard than it is. dilloway's been doing this since at least 2000. he just finds himself attracted to the qualities that come with loops.

well they're not particularly enjoyable loops to me

that's fine. it's only goal isn't being edgy though.

you mean an 8/8 right?

I hadn't been on this SHITTY, FUCKING "board" in a very, very long time, and I regret ever coming back. This shithole is now infected and rotten to the core. Fuck you all. Give me ONE valid reason to ever come here.

Enjoy some godly Evangeline and FUCK OFF.

>enjoy
>image of a woman
lmao

>Arthur Russell - Calling Out of Context
Completely different from World of Echo, which is fine. I like the general atmosphere of it, and I still like the reverb-y vocals, but I guess it's hard to go through this with World of Echo in mind, if that makes any sense. It just didn't capture me and bring me into his world as much. That's Us/Wild Combination is still great, tho.
2.5+
>Actress - Splazsh
im kinda flatline with a lot of electronic i guess. this was good, but i dont have much to sayabout it.
>Electric Masada - At the Mountains of Madness
this shit melted my fucking face off. all the comparisons drawn to bitches brew are 100% right, although i think i like this better. absolutely fucking rocks.
4.0-
>Deathspell Omega
man i wish i could into black metal but i just cant. i was pretty bored through most of this. some parts made me jump, like when it gets quiet and the band plows in again. but idk, ive yet to find a black metal album thats really captivated me. i'm gonna keep looking, though! also this isnt a bad album at all, just not for me.
2.5+

whaaaaaats nexxxt

If that's your first Actress album, check out R.I.P. much more interesting imo. Splazsh is far too scattershot for me.

Electic Masada dope yo

do dang

alright, ill backlog that. i liked what i heard from actress, it just didnt catch my attention that much
i agree
alright
need 4 more ppl
this is basically just a song tourney with an album assigned to u

youtube.com/watch?v=4nNah9vDnD0

what album u want
just pick any

mufuggin uhhhhh
Goodbye Babylon, hear that's hype

if theres something no one wants to take we can just suggest a new thing right?
cuz nitsch is a weak-ass meme

fish already has that
i mean these are just the albums i was considering to try for my 1000th. it doesnt matter what u take
whats yr suggestion tho

Enter Shikari Common Dreads
because
here tonight he clocks a thousand heads
alternatively, GBV Bee Thousand

Welcome to the Warp Zone then, no way am I going up against that

did you like my song

uh how about young jane fonda by telstar drugs

8/10 out of ten?

yeah
liking this, so yeah, do that one

Morton feldman

youtube.com/watch?v=uxgYJE3HqNA

What's up with so many daily-ers not having heard Geogaddi yet? Or did I saw your chart multiple times?

no its on my chart too
im not a fan of their other big record so i put off geogaddi

>Causa Sui - Summer Sessions Vol. 1

What a trip. This thing manages to blend jam band space stoner psychedelic rock into something not just listenable but really damn fun and refreshing. Even the rifftastic grunge bits are charming. I'm a sucker for saxophone and for instrumental gangbang chaos, and this has plenty of both. I expect I'll be playing this at work constantly this summer, and probably breaking out old Grateful Dead and Hawkwind to reconsider as well. 4.0+

EthyBoy advances to go against Smile Sessions

yeah i just never got around to much BoC
music has the right to children was on my last chart
good recs. i just wanted to do the meme thing and listen to a really long album

Minnie Riperton - Come to My Gardem (1970)
>Pop Soul
Forgettable pop soul with elaborate orchestration. Every song sounded really passionate, but it never really shone through authentically, if that makes any sense. Although (merely) “Expecting” was excellent, this was altogether disappointing, especially after hearing the piercing “Loving You.”
>5/10

should we slow down for our third musketeer or keep pushing forward

=====Borzoi vs. benji=====

>Regal - Acid is the Answer
>Techno, UK Hard House

This would have been great 20 years ago, in some heated, crowded rave tucked away in a restless city. Boring to hear alone, and very predictable.

4/10

>Ulver - Teachings in Silence
>Dark Ambient, Glitch

The first track: Melodramatic, but that's a given since it's Ulver. Endearing and somewhat comfy, even considering that this is a metal band doing electronic work. A little silly, considering that they straight up sample a hard drive and have a somber piano and a jazz organ(?) at one point. The usage of vocals two thirds into the song was a good idea.

The Silencing the singing part of this compilation reminds me more of slowcore, with the real instrumentation and melodic bases for each song-- the glitchiness seems to just be thrown on top of it. Wasn't the worse thing, though.

6/10

====== co vs. Comet ========

>Atraxia - The Unexplained: Electronic Musical Impressions of the Occult
>Progressive Electronic

A really strange and engaging album from the same guy who made Plantasia, one year before that album was released. A combination of Dungeon Synth, space rock, and classical composition all appear on this album full of surprises. The activity of the songs really do play to many genres outside of Electronic; this is not just an Ambient album.

7/10

>wished bone - psuedio recordings
>lo-fi folk

Very comfy, if very derivative folk songs with a distant female singer. The melodies are very familiar for sitting on the porch during a warm evening-- it easily cements some alteration of that memory in a listener. Doesn't quite excel anywhere else, musically or lyrically. Didn't quite get the closer, as well.

5/10

I only listen to music I anticipate liking.

Onward! We're on a schedule!

==== EthyBoy vs. FlyingIceWizard ======

>Steffen Basho-Junghans - In the Morning Twilight
>American Primitivism

A live album that works EXTREMELY well with a recorded audiene. The squeaks of doors, light taps, the quiet rumbles of cars, the cry of a child, they fit right into Junghan's soulful playing, which is much more emotional than the intricate pickings of older Primitivism figures.

He doesn't just rely on resorting to hopeful and romantic chords, either-- the second track's waterfall of arpeggios sounds like Colin Stetson if he knew guitar, his sense of control and space in his tracks makes for great intros, and his apparent meandering around the song before he plays it live makes this album feel so much more organic.

By far my favorite American Primitivism album.

8/10

>Jahiliyya Fields - Chance Life
>Outsider House, techno

What I imagine ACTUAL future dance floors will sound like. Very easy to get lost in, with a surprising amount of variety for house.

7/10

===========

Borzoi, Comet, and EthyBoy advance. Feel free to give reccs now or wait.

2 more songs please
do mine next pls

8 when
agreed

rip

memes

youtube.com/watch?v=C0EGJYmvCFo
my next song rec
might just tackle it last because of how fuckin long it is and I really need to get through preliminaries faster
just curious what you really like about that EP, if you're willing to put it into words?

""""no""""

oh im out, ok

>might just tackle it last
or you could just listen to like 5 seconds of it now, understand its ridiculous competence, and award me victory

fuck it im tryna get this shit done fast
tuco + fish gimme a song, any song

You're raising my expectations to dangerous heights u know

actually nvm ill use yr current recs

I'm a huge sucker for simplicity and authenticity, and I believe that album embodies both. The songs are all immediately catchy. The lyrics are also very real

Should've just done Goodbye Babylon

my whole idea was a dumb mistake im just tryna get it done fast now

plz don't be a tranny

plz don't be a tranny

plz don't be a tranny

plz don't be a tranny

plz don't be a tranny

youtube.com/watch?v=5CXRr0XWxYM

letov still owes me a recc
I agree

stop posting

>fires gun
>shockwave through body
>tip of dick flops into frame for a split second

Try me.

Hi /daily/ !
Today I had alot more time than I expected because some things went wrong. But at least that way I could listen to your favourite albums, that's something!
I started with the album '77 Live because I got told, it is a good entry for experimental music, but I'm sorry, I couldn't get into it at all. Just like Musical Abortions the recording quality hinders my enjoyment extremely and I neither liked the psych atmosphere it was trying to create nor the general style. In theory I should like this, because it's mellow and dreamy, but maybe I just have to hear more of the genre first, I didn't give up all hopes yet, haha
Then I tried Daikanjyo, which I already liked more, it was a very rough, intense sound, but on some points it honestly just sounded like utter chaos, I tried to make out the point of it or where it was heading to, but maybe that was the mistake
I will come back to that later, I'm confident I can find more things I like in it then.
Also I finally gave in and tried Suicide
And I'm glad I did! This was great, I loved the maniac side of it, full of power, getting totally out of control, but still focused on a clear idea, and omg, I love the synths.
Not every song is a highlight, but it was very good

>very predictable
wew.

try and come at me fucker

glad you've been enjoying you're trip. go for pekinese opera next round.

oops, 77 live is more of a good entryway for noise, not rly all experimental music in general.
this is a good experimental entry point tho.
i bet as you warm up to noisy/experimental stuff, 77 live will grow on you tho. i agree you may have to just hear more of the genre, until something clicks.
do fahey soon too!

the drums dropped out exactly when I thought they would in the first track

Could have been worse, /bleep/ would like it a lot

Additionally I heard the first borzoi-reccommendation, The Crystal World by Locrian.
This builds a creepy dark atmosphere, very slow in general, with some odd sound effects, so I can see why it gets the experimental label. I think sometimes the build-ups and ambient sections go on for too long, but overall I could get alot of enjoyment out of it, so thank you borzoi! Tomorrow I will do the next one.

And I listened to the links transgod posted. to get me into hardcore. While I definitely enjoy the punk aspect of it and the in-your-face approach, I really couldn't get into the attitude of the vocals, especially Rise of the Northstar scared me off, sorry trangsod :(
Okay, thank you for the recommendation!
Oh, I mixed that up then. I will return to it once I heard more of the genre.

But do you all like these albums because or despite of the bad recording quality?

And I'm doing Fahey tomorrow as well! Will do some very monotonous stuff pretty much the whole day, so that's a good occasion to hear new music ^^

cmon man, that's something you can do with a lot of techno, but it's not there that the fun of it lies. did you enjoy the sampled voice in Acid is the Answer? that shit gets me hard
do you usually like bleep?

77 live is a bootleg, so the low quality is expected, but honestly it doesnt hinder the experience for me at all. in fact, the lo-fi kind of makes it better. its a lot more fuzzy and noisier and atmospheric because of it.
in terms of dead, even though i like musical abortions its just not a good album lol
lofi is easy to warm up to. you just kinda start to look past it most of the time. even oxen is a lo-fi indie album, you should try that soon. it gets a bit noisy too.

they're not shouting at you they tryna be shouting with you
guess you'd be one for pop punk rather
experimental is a relative attribute and the furthest from a homogenous style or even a scene btw, there's no general entry points or whatever, don't listen to certain other people's lies

*reasonable heights

Thank you for the explanation! I think I'm slowly getting what this is about, haha.
Plans for tomorrow: Ben Frost, Pekinese Opera, Fahey and Even Oxen
Yes, I like some pop punk! If you have any recommendations for that, I would be happy to hear them.

Hmm, you might be right, alot of music and styles thereof can probably be considered experimental...
But maybe it is not so much getting into experimental, but getting sensitized to music outside of one's usualy listening habits, and for me pretty much all experimental music does that.

trip, fish, song, quick
i mean i agree theres no one absolute entry point into experimental, but theres good albums to start with
i got into experimental thru faust. id say experimental just kinda clicks one day

Great! Yeah it's a pretty good middle ground between more conventional song structures and experimental. The next album I recced is more atmosphere and texture and less conventional but there's lots of content to analyze

did you LIKE MY SONGS???

women - shaking hand

>did you enjoy the sampled voice in Acid is the Answer?
yeah it was whatever

>do you usually like bleep?

I think I should stop using that word on daily since it seems to refer to only techno and house on Sup Forums
I didn't actually come from /bleep/ and I kinda hate that place

I lean more towards ambient, progressive, experimental albums than just dance music
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kaitlyn-aurelia-smith/ears/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/konx-om-pax/caramel/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/panabrite/the_baroque_atrium/

Some pop punk recommendations for ya:
Operation Ivy
Crimpshrine - The Sound of a New World Being Born
the Wynona Riders - JD Salinger

@thesound can you post the liner notes for it was a dark and stormy night again?
or whoever has it
im telling a friend about it

nicolascollins.com/darkandstormytracks.htm

has basically everythin

tyvm pal

terrible taste with that whatever.

bleep is a good word for the dance music bit of eletronics. I'll listen to some of that music you just posted

unexperimental music does that too tho
this is some top tier poppunk. kinda similar to a wilhelm scream's songwriting but their vocalist sounds like a worse patrick stump
youtube.com/watch?v=7ISPYIreKfE
belvedere in related vids are p good too from what i've heard

Thank you! I only know the first one of these. WIll listen soon.
Thanks, I'll add that to tomorrow's plan.
Yes, the hardcore did it too for example, but so far most albums on the daily essentials have been experimental in some way.

>terrible taste with that whatever.
correct t b h, I can't find anyone else that likes a lot of this stuff

I don't think you'll like that Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith album, but this one was the last garage album I really liked
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/swarms_f1/nostalgia/

that and Volor Flex's alternate name, Trampique
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/trampique/face_to_face/

yeah i liked em
i wanna listen to telstar drugs now

great wonderful i like tht album

Will you be posting all summer?

only in the summer, I can't post while I'm attending my highschool classes.

b&&&

If only.

im boutta dive into beautiful speck triumph wish me luck

good luck
dont be too put off by the beginning of it. the 3rd and last tracks are worth digging into it for

Boooys, I am officially on summer break. I haven't fixed a job, so I'll be available 24/7 for shitposting for three whole months. There's a good chance I might actually spend some time listening to music.

Hey now I remember you, didn't you like literally never ever make a worthwhile post or something?

i generally like overarching builds in music so if the payoff's good im gonna like it so i am ready for this

Also jesus christ wow ya'll just can't get enough of me.

hehoheho you fucking would search for that

for the sake of not being crucified i won't give blurb reviews pretending i know what jazz is, but this is where i'm at for now with this chart.
black saint will probably be a 10 within the month.

godspeed. let it grow. every track is important.