Smart boy music

What is some music that will take some effort to appreciate?

I feel like I only listen to basic stuff, like TV tier frozen pizza where I just waggle my foot to whatever has catchy melodies in it

I want to listen to something more sophisticated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU&t=13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

suck my cock

try this. it's "lowercase" music

No

Does this even qualify as music though?
I'm not dismissing it, but it's really just vague noises and not a lot of them

>music that will take some effort to appreciate

swans lol

krautrock

I might check around the classical thread to look at entry level stuff, smart idea user
I'm not sure if I can really "get" classical music and really get into it in a way, you know

The emphasis being on "music"

Is the one with the baby face on it a good place to start or should I go with the wolf or the teeth instead?
I'm sorry I do not know the album names, but I can picture them

Can you recommend something specific?

>smart music
You've been tricked by classical and elevator music listeners. Music is purely emotional understanding, there's no value or purpose to dissecting the songwriting besides to understand how to write songs yourself.

It's not just the words though, there's the noises, the composition and whatnot, too

There's a lot of great stuff, but here are some more accessible albums for getting into the genre before you branch into the stranger stuff

NEU! - NEU!, NEU 2, or NEU '75
Amon Duul II - Carnival in Babylon
CAN - Monster Movie

Try some of Blue Öyster Cult's earlier stuff. Like this one(their first album) or maybe Tyranny and Mutation

Yeah, that's included in songwriting, bub.

if you're being real:

a) don't worry about 'getting' music, just listen to it and take what you can from it. the more you listen to the more stuff seems to make sense, as it were. reading about music/history/context helps too

b) any sound can be music desu

c) start with to be kind or filth. soundtracks for the blind if you're feeling ambitious

d) faust s/t is my pick, but just look at any of the essential charts jeez do you want to engage with music or be spoonfed others' recommendations?

the first four albums are gold, personal favorite is secret treaties

Listen to art or "serious" music

Thanks user!

Should I listen to his earlier work and maybe some sort of entry level jazz music before I listen to Bitches Brew?
I hadn't actually thought about jazz music, that's a good call

I will check it out, thanks user

Thank you too, I will try and take your advice

dunno about you but i get enjoyment about dissecting and discussing music which i think is interesting in one way or another

Listen to progressive rock

youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU&t=13s

my favorite things is the perfect way to get into jazz. it's a solid album and pretty accessible

If you've never listened to jazz listen to A Love Supreme and Kind of Blue asap