Can we talk about these guys?

Can we talk about these guys?
Really interested in them lately, after having ignored them for a while. Their early stuff seems really, really great. I'm amazed at some of the stuff they've done on these for saying a lot of it was pre-punk, let alone pre-post-punk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BoU1YTWENA
youtube.com/watch?v=duIdkblpaJU&list=PLC7CE0D985C30502A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I've only heard the Commercial Album by them but I really loved it, how does that compare to their other stuff?

Look for the delta the delta nudes, it the residents before the residents actually happened. Zappa wrote a song for them as the delta nudes
There's a reason it's called commercial album, most accessible one . Their newer
Stuff is hit or miss. They have like a series on YouTube I don't think many people know about .

>They have like a series on YouTube
like that shit my man, i love their music and i didn't know it was a thing.

Is it true that The Residents have changed band members through out the years?

I had to do a weird meditation type thing to this song for an acting class once. It was really weird and kinda creeped me out so I haven't had the desire to listen to them since

youtube.com/watch?v=0BoU1YTWENA

Eskimo is their only album I've heard all the way through. Then I tried Duck Stab and Constantinople turned me off so much I didn't listen to the rest.
Is most of their other stuff like that?

Accidentally didn't mention, I loved Eskimo like crazy. Didn't want it to come across like I didn't enjoy it which is how the way I typed it sounded.

Yes, most of the original members don't even participate anymore, which is why their modern output is a bit more serious.

Not Available and Fingerprince are my favourites

Is there a timeline of membership, even if it's under pseudonyms available anywhere?

I don't think there is one, but the booklet of Demons Dance Alone, says something about the original members not participating/barely participating on the project

>Constantinople
Most, no, a lot of it, yes. Eskimo aloneis great and unique on its own. Walrus Hunt is the weirdest/best intro I've heard

Do it user... do it. Give in to the cold.

youtube.com/watch?v=duIdkblpaJU&list=PLC7CE0D985C30502A

Is it basically confirmed that Residents are Homer Flynn and Hardy Fox and until 1982 Jay Clem and John Kennedy at this point?

For some reason I hated Duck Stab and didn't really like Eskimo that much either but Meet the Residents, Not Available, Commercial Album and Third Reich n Roll are great

HERE I COME CONSTANTINOPLE HERE I COME

Anybody who has not listened to the masterpiece known as Not Available is simply a plebeian. Arguably top 10 for me.

Don't forget Vileness Fats.
Her voice is beautiful on Part One.

Not Available is quite possibly one of, if not the greatest album I've ever heard in my entire life