How does /b feel about this album?

How does /b feel about this album?

I saw them in 2015 on what might be there last actual tour. I personally love it. But it seems like a really black and white, love/hate opinion

Their*

Who the Fuck are they ??

NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL

only Sup Forums meme that is good

It's pure trash doesn't even have one song worth a listen

Stop posting this garbage already

I love it

Hipster garbage

Op here. This is now satans thread

I respect your thought process on the album. I know a lot of people that hate it.

I really love it. After listening to the album once, an interviewer asked the writer of the songs, Jeff Magnum, what inspired him to write the songs. He told them he wrote it after reading Anne Frank's diary, and the interviewer scoffed and laughed at how stupid it was that someone would write an entire album off a book everyone reads in high school.

The interviewer then listened to the album again, and realised how beautiful and deep it was, knowing it was loosely based on the diary.

Great album tbh fam.

I havent seen a /b thread yet about this but knowing the internet demographic, I'm sure there's been a few at least.

If you hate it, can i ask what kind of music you listen to? Im interested in what type of genres the people that hate this album are into

Took a few listens, but really fucking grew on me. I think one of my favorite/one of the best albums of all time.

Idk if you're really interested in nmh or just a fan of the album, but I'm possibly seeing Julian Koster next weekend in portland. I'm pretty excited

For sure, same here. Getting used to Magnum's nasily voice can take a while. Once you appreciate the sound and start diving into the lyrics, it becomes great

non good music that instantly makes all my opinions about really GOOD non-meme music invalid

Im not a douche. I totally understand why some hate this album. I just wanted to know some of the denmographics that cant stand this.

Im fully aware i probably hate a lot of albums that are thought of as masterpieces

Love it

it's 2 decades old, maybe it's time to move on

im not but that was what I was assuming you'd be thinking about his response

b-but if you wanna know how i feel
I don't like it but I don't hate it either
I guess I could because it became a Sup Forums meme

personally, I like to listen to really good progressive rock bands that get totally ruined and turned into generic pop garbage
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where, uh, Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, uh, "Against All Odds". Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

didn't read 3 words of this

That's the dumbest thing you can say when talking about music

yeah no, I can smell bullshit a mile away

I think i can see what you mean. Collins is great, and a big thing he did was influence music and change the way music works. Each album by genisis/collins evolved and grew upon eachother, and changed music.

Whether you love it or hate it, ITAOTS was a great stand alone album. Other NMH music, like Ferris Wheel On Fire, is good. But it didnt really change anything

Why have you been using b to promote this record? You have been doing it for weeks you shill

Yeah any controversial/mixed reviewed album must be pointless to discuss.

Dumbass

Believe me or not i havent posted about this before lol

But then again, I guess only a fool would believe me

collins gradually ruined genesis after hackett left

to get down to your level, fuck you faggot

idk i just like to molest lil bois liek u XD

Were you on LSD

Okay