What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal...

What keeps an atheist from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of reprisal? Is the fear of prison the only thing preventing an utter breakdown of society by those with no moral compass?

Depends on the individual

>falling for the bait

What stops you from doing it i personally only kill babies to eat them

a wise man once said morality is a spectrum.
An even more wise man said "baited nigga"

what's stopping a christian from following the bible?

I would like to order some dubs

gotchu fam

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

I murder and steal all I want, which is to say not at all. Though if I could murder one person to stop these threads, I could make a compelling argument about the cessation of suffering and justify my actions.

What stops a Christian person from breaking any law that is not in the 10 commandments?

God and the Bible says nothing when it comes to traffic violations.

>For all intensive purposes
>intensive

rofl nigga what

>all intensive purposes
Are you fucking retarded?

>doubles advocate

>Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment
NO, allow me.

Baited by a meme. For shame.

i'll bite

did god and the ten commandments prevent the crusaders from sacking constantinople and jerusalem in 1204 and 1099?

yes.

newsflash: it's the same for religious people

the first two were, I was just pointing out they glossed over double's advocate but draw a line at intensive purposes

What makes me not do shit is because of morals and thinking of everyone as a fellow individual. Abandoning religion might not also be abandoning one's humanity and morals.

people don't commit murder because it's not normal. most people don't like confrontation and violence. try to even imagine yourself doing it. that's just the way we evolved and/or the way God made us.

Believe it or not atheists do have a moral compass, alot of people do sincr it's a good trait to have for humanitys survival.
(What im saying is, it evolved over time, since not killing each other is useful for a social animal.)

forgot to tag

I know this is stupid, but some people seem to genuinely not understand.
We don't need an external moral compass to tell us right from wrong. We have empathy, we can put ourselves in anouther person's proverbial shoes as ask "would I like to be murdered?". It's child's play, really.

Then there's some people that say fuck empathy, with whom the legal system comes into play, yes.

Speaking initially about those with so-called faith, the only people that properly follow their "holy books" and labelled exetremists. Those books are ass.

U wut mate

For me yes, the long arm of the law is more than enough to keep me in line. Sometimes I try to come up with really clever schemes to kill someone and get away with it, but fear of forgetting on detail always scares me back into compliance and subjugation.

>tfw you live in rural area and are eagler awaiting WW3
I'm not afraid of local muh daughter militias.

With that argument, the only reasons Christians have a moral compass is because fear has been insighted in them by a formidable God and they selfishly act on what they think someone else would deem moral only so they can go to Heaven lol
It's idiotic to say that religion is what creates morals and ethics. It's based on society, personality, and the general human condition

Probably because living the rest of your life in prison isn't ideal?

Honestly, knowing how pointless life is, I'm sure a lot of people would like to go out and steal, rape and murder but there's consequences. For rape alone you can get 20 years in prison. 20 years of your life.

time and effort

they're atheists not nihilists

Natural law

What keeps a christian from murdering and stealing all they want? The fear of and angry "parent" called God? Is it the fear of an abstract punishment in an unproven after life? Why is it you need religion to have a moral compass? Why is it you think people without religion have no moral compass?

>Moral compass
>Dat pedo catholic priest who gave aids to 30 little girl

Shittiest bait ever. Long time no see faggot.

The answer is maturity. Just as adults make rules to limit the behaviours of children, religion makes rules to limit the behaviours of those too stupid to understand the reasons behind the rules. Unfortunately some people never grow out of religion.

individuals of the pacific islands sometimes eat strangers they meet
no god no worth life= that of a fencepost
no good is worth doing no evil need be punished or stopped
nothing matetrs