You are the reason we haven't cured cancer

You are the reason we haven't cured cancer.
Thanks a lot.
t. /sci/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kPRA0W1kECg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh come on, we've contributed plenty of live samples for the study of concussions.

has that guy ever written a relevant paper? or is he just a meme scientist?

he retweets i fucking love science a lot so he's basically an educator

bullets cure cancer pretty well, ask the serbs
t./k/

If professional sports weren't a thing, there would be a shit ton more minorities in the prison system.

Chances are most scientists you know by name are meme scientists.

Really makes you think........

anyone who cares about football would be too stupid to contribute anything to the field of science anyway

wtf i hate black science man now

This. Memers like Tyson and Bill Nye are just personalities. IMO they do more harm than good to science's image. Make it seem like some magic shit when it's anything but that.

t. electrical engineer

>engineer talking about scientists

this

planes?

Bill Nye talks too much but he actually gets shit done like the Solar plane and his stuff at Boeing. Black Science Man is a hack.

is stephen hawking a meme scientist?

>look mom I got a B in high school biology so I'm more qualified than this guy with a PhD in engineering online

I disagree. Pop "science" isn't designed to educate the masses on scientific topics. It's meant to be a tool to reach out to and excite people that don't have the necessary background to actually understand the material. As an outreach tool, I think it does a pretty good job.

t. PhD physics student

People often hate what they don't understand.

>i know nothing of astrophysics but I am see him on TV so he must just be a stupid one!

The human intellect never changes. Just the capacity to take in information.

Not entirely, although there are definitely physicists living today that are responsible for larger contributions to the field of cosmology/gravity (What Hawking is known for) than he is.

Edward Witten

Science should focus more on how to educate niggers before thinking of flying cars

meant to quote

**sigh** looks like Sup Forums is proving once again that it is truly the most antediluvian of all boards.... while you were busy watching your precious little sportsball, I was enlightening myself with scientific documentaries like The Cosmos and Planet Earth. While you were wasting your money on season tickets, I was saving up for physics textbooks. While you were reading Sports Illustrated, I was subscribing to National Geographic and Time magazine... oh, what's the point in bickering? Your feeble minds couldn't even begin to contemplate the complexity of a the inner mechanisms of a scientist's brain. Go on, go on... watch your little team throw the ball back and forth to each other meaninglessly. I'll be over here, changing the world.

or maybe because the (((researchers))) are too stupid to come up with a cure. why else do you think that the only major technological advances we have these days are just tweaks to what we already have?

Theyre called helicopters.

well... he has a phd in astrophysics so he technically had to have published atleast 1 original research paper

Doesn't mean it wasn't bunk. MLK Jr.plagiarized his thesis. Being a famous (Dr.) doesn't make you smart.

This is now a Neel "da Grass (420)" "Mike" Tyson, thread.

>plagiarizing discoveries in Physics

>the flying car meme
I wouldn't want to worry about another axis on which other cars can come crashing in from

I fucking hate nerds

fixed

and I fucking hate weebs

Gimme your lunch money

It's not profitably to cure cancer, so it's not been cured.

that isn't how invention works..

Do you think Black Science Man is doing good outreach to the general public by criticizing people for being excited about football? Cause it sure seems like 3/5 of his tweets make "scientist" look like out of touch elitist snobs.

Bill Nye attempted to teach kids things about science and got a lot of young nerds thinking that science is cool.

Le Black Science Man does more harm than good though. He's more interested in his own ego than anything else. Maybe if he spent less brain energy trying to book cameos in shitty movies and more time trying to advance science, the world would be better off.

I'm a physics major at a top ten physics uni, faggot

Also, post rare math. mods are sleep

other than the fact that cancer isn't one aliment but a variety of different conditions with different causes. it's like saying let's cure all viruses at once

Is this a pasta?

You might enjoy this
youtu.be/kPRA0W1kECg

>profitably

Anyone who cured it would become extremely rich and world reknowned. There is a huge incentive to cure it.

>general relativity was an engineering gimmick.
>geniuses solve hard problems for the money
>pythagoras looked at triangles so he could start a company

>less entertainment will magically lead to more smart people that can invent shit
Is /sci/ that dumb?

>tfw two intelignet four sports

>not holding the bridge for a 3 count/until she drowns

weak. she should just benoit herself

>spent a little less brain energy contemplating Footballs

Including him?

I don't doubt that, the guys (company) that made a cure would make money.

But you make more money with treatments than you do with a cure.

>implying his thesis has to involve a new discovery

It's insane how polarized america is. I have books written by french philosophers about football, they are still stuck in a nerd vs jock shit that I thought was a hollywood only thing.

That joke went over too many people's heads

We have flying cars you fucking retard black science man
They're called airplanes

I heard those new 20s coming out with Harriet Tubman on them are only going to be worth 12 dollars.

WE GOT A BADASS OVER HERE XDDDDDDD

I fucking love both and hate every sport that isn't golf what now losers?

Daaaaaaaaamn...Black Science Man just got BTFO forever

Sup Forums absolutely seething

He's probably right

had I not spent the first semester of the last 8 years constantly tinkering with my fantasy line up, I probably wouldn't have switched my major from Math to Business.

Although those stats skills do come in hany playing against all these plebs.

T. wasted potential

It's possible the tweet in OP was self-deprecating.

>a black 'scientist'

Lmao only in America.

>a muslim mayor
only in Londonistan

Agreed, London and America are big jokes

>a black meme twitter scientist
>he's considered smart in America

Your society is lost