What does Sup Forums think of the new Netflix original series The Get Down?

What does Sup Forums think of the new Netflix original series The Get Down?

Not interested in hip-hop so I'm never going to watch it, ever.

I need to know if this is good too

Or at least okay enough to invest my time in

Seen the first 3 episodes.

I'm kinda mixed in it so far. The first episode started out bad, but got pretty good toward the end. The second episode was good the whole way through, and the best of the 3. The third episode was alright, if kinda boring and padded.

The music segments and asthetics are great, and I hope the show focuses more on that, rather than gang violence and political corruption.

Cadillac is one of the all time great characters. Dude plays vidya, intimidates through disco dance, karate kicks punk kids, and understands the deep emotive qualities of music. The rest of the show is okay to bad. I like Shoalin actor and character and the fact he is a man-whore, I think Jaden Smith is funny to watch, and is a shitty actor. The main dude is a blubbering bitch who i hate. The main chick is some gross spicy latina who I don't like one bit. And the one black chick with the tooth gap is fine as hell. Very melodramatic and stupid, but pretty fun and lotsa times redeemable. Better than the rest of the Netflix drama and live action programs, besides Narcos, maybe.

Also, there are these still image establishing shots whenever it cuts to the main chicks businessman uncle, that look real bad and remind me of aquateen hungerforce.

Jesus Christ this thread is full of niggers.

woah niggers haha xd

>niggers

niggaz.

It's very uneven but i enjoyed it. The editing can go from fantastic to "what pre teen did they give the keys to the editing room" bad. Music repeats a bit too much towards the last couple episodes, and it has a ton of flaws. Acting is solid, story is clusterfucky. All around a good 6 episode show to watch if you're bored.

Why do they keep making these myopic boring shows about shitty pop music the writers and producers grew up?

this so much

Who is our guy?

I really dig it. Sucks that it's only half a season right now.

>shitty pop music

The show is literally about rebelling against the rise of disco to create a hip hop underground. Stop it.

Hip hop is shitty pop music.

There is nothing subversive about making boring dramas about household establishment pop culture.

Same as that NWA movie, what was the fucking point, Boyz n the Hood already exists.

your a faggot

I started to watch it but couldn't handle this shit and the terrible establishing shots and overall editing

Our guy

yea i'm never going to watch it, it seems dumb as shit

this guy is a friggin goober

Netflix's problem isnt music tv. Its shows about hollywood and hollywood/newyork/intellectual/upperclass/actor/jew shit. This show is refreshingly against the grain of that.

It gets better. This almost threw me off too but i continued watching anyways. The first half of the pilot is super wonky.

editing doesnt really matter

Shaolin Fantastic and Grandmaster Flash are the best part of the show. I don't give a single fuck about Jaden Smith's graffiti or the main guy and his church girlfriend's disco or any of that shit.

It does, and its really cringy at times in this show desu. But if you can get through the editing it's not bad.

I'm gonna give it another try then

Our Guy

literally whom cares about editing

>Negative Batman

it's something that pops out when it's bad, and this one is incredibly bad, and it actually gets pretty confusing

>literally whom cares about editing

It can literally be the difference between a great show/film and a bad one you dope.

>not including the man, the myth, and the legend.
>the disco devil himself

WHY DO PEOPLE STILL HATE DISCO

Only God Forgives case and point. The story wasnt very good but it was aesthetically pleasing to watch, and very well put together. Good editing and good production can save a bad film. Luckily for this show it's got pretty solid acting, an interesting setting and time period, and interesting characters. Plus some of the intertwined stock footage is very innovative when it's edited properly. So in my eyes, some of the bad editing can be overlooked.

But the first 45 minutes of the pilot was really fucking terribly edited with all the post production audio, terrible cgi establishing shots and what not.

Always remember: niggers are not welcome here.

>love disco
>get excited when I hear about a new netflix disco series
>main character is a nigger

everytime

Ironically i don't hate disco. Lots of great tunes came out of that era. Not to mention the effect it had on future music production. People hate it still because of how degenerate the culture was, and how old people got into that shit at the time too. It was cancer.

Loved it.
Probably because I'm not white, I wasn't actively looking for a reason to hate it.

Fell in love with the music. They played Vitamin C's Can like five times in the last two episodes, and I didn't give a fuck because that instrumental is absolute fire.

Definitely a pleasure project made by artists, for artists though. If you don't make shit or love those types of music you won't fuck with it.

This is also true. Which is why I'm making it known the editing gets bad sometimes. Its not for everyone.

It's one of the corniest things i've ever seen but I can't stop watching idk why senpai help

>Glorifying how black american culture devolved from Marvin Gaye to Bix Nood

Not interested.

same

I like it

>Who cares about the central component to narrative film and tv.

Found the nigger.

I like it too desu

this isn't reddit faggots. you don't need to upvote if you have nothing to contribute

>tfw you'll never be nicknamed Cadillac
>tfw you'll never rip apart a dance floor in a smooth/stylish manner
>tfw you'll never cuck a nig nog's gf into realizing your superior groove skills
>trw no face

What's even the point

cool

Fuck all niggers. Ban me, go ahead, ban me. I hate niggers. Niggerssssss

racist tears are the most delicious tears

>>>>>>>>>>>stormfront.com
>>>>>>>r/the_donald
>>>>>>>middle school

The donald has racism in it? Tell me how John Oliver's taint smells after he scissors with Jon Lebowitz, you should know.

t. 30 year old metalfag

Not him but Straight Outta the Boardroom was garbage.

t. 34 year old who listens to everything except county and rap

jk I like country and rap too haha made you look

He's the worst part of this show, would not have been casted if he wasn't will smith's son.

I like the show, the scene with 3 characters facing power changing decisions towards the end of the season was put together very well.

I just watched the first episode and I'm picking up a big West Side Story vibe from the color scheme. I will be watching the rest. Thank you based Baz.

>Created by Baz Luhrmann
Pass.

It's a statistic fact that niggers are the majority (I suspect 75-80%) of Netflix subscribers. Think about it, it's cheap, appears to give you good value for money (an educated presumption, but sadly a mistaken one), is easy to use, and most importantly doesn't require them to purchase or own expensive media hardware (remember they can easily enjoy it on their phones or laptops), like a soundsystem, bluray player, hd cable box, and so on.

It's just as shitty when they make shitty docus about le tru punx or whatever too, like that shitty show "Vinyl". Same with all that metal shit.

the best disco artists are black tho famalam