Moving to UK

Can I immigrate to the UK if I have a criminal record? White, Canadian of Scottish descent, skilled. My grandparents were born as UK citizens which I believe can also make a difference.

Other urls found in this thread:

canzukinternational.com/2017/04/significant-support-for-canzuk-free.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No way

>My grandparents were born as UK citizens which I believe can also make a difference.
It might do actually, look into it. We're full tho.

Depends on what you did and what your skill is, if you served over 5 years in prison you can forget it.

>Didn't say fuck off

OP, you're good to go, my man!

just muh heritage hard enough and it should be easy right? what's the criminal record for btw

>Scottish
Prolly some form of aggravated assault

One DUI, no prison, just a fine, but I do have a criminal record.

Immigration only cares about prison time. You say you are skilled, what trade?

I'm a plumber. 4 years as an apprentice, 4 as a journeyman.

We always need plumbers, give it a shot.

>One DUI

Bydlo detected

>scottish plumber
Poles got that market cornered, Hamish

Hilariously, I voted leave and would like to move abroad, whatever, idc.

Yea, you're fine. I have a DUI, which isn't a "crime of moral turptitude" so I've been to the states like 3 times since... Fucking leafland won't let me in for 10 years after the fact however. This is a leaf thing.

Is New World Plumbing compatible with old world Plumbing?

Way I hear tell their shit is all substandard

>My grandparents were born as UK citizens which I believe can also make a difference.
Yeah, you'll be fine.

>Fucking leafland won't let me in for 10 years after the fact

kek

KEK

>Poles got that market cornered, Hamish
They won't in 2 years time, memes aside barely any Poles actually work as plumbers here because of the high level of regulation. A Polish plumber would be no cheaper than a British one for this very reason.

BASED LEAFS

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

>I voted leave
>I'm a criminal

Colour me surprised

I wish I was memeing son.
I had a leaf business partner at the time.

Unironically that little voice at the back of my head talking me out of crime isn't saying "but you'll go to jail", it's saying "but you won't be allowed into america".

>tfw the stick is always a carrot

I read there are calls to introduce freedom of movement between the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand at some point after the UK has left the EU.

> Canadian of Scottish descent
Welcome home brother

Where did you read that?

probably won't happen because of distance and the fact there will be a massive net influx of immigrants to those countries

>M.Sc. in Computer Science
>26 yo old
>wanna live the UK lyfe
> Software '''Engineer' or Software Architect would be the area of my interest

Let's be honest. What can I expect and what are my chances?

Pretty good, a masters degree in CS will mean you could find work in any city.

delusional leave voter opinion:
If the leave/trump thing keeps up in other places I can kind of see it. It would honestly solve 90% of our labour shortage problems in the colonies without turning to Brazil 2.0, but the RN doesn't have the projection required these days to protect it.

Bad feels my lads.

Very good desu there are loads of programming jobs,

Don't move to London though

There's apparently support for it anyway.

>A vast majority of those polled were in favour of free movement within the CANZUK countries, with 64% support in the UK, 72% support in Australia, 77% support in Canada and 81% support in New Zealand.

canzukinternational.com/2017/04/significant-support-for-canzuk-free.html

What are the best cities to live and work in as a plumber? Obviously I don't want to live in London, but it would be nice to be able to go there sometimes on the weekend.

Stay down south ,thats where all the wealth is.

Its nice as long as you dont move to London, which is where most things are...
We have a few shitholes in the north/midlands but there are no jobs there so you shouldnt see those

Maybe if we upped the defense budget back up to 4% like in pre-Blair times, and put destroyers back up to 12 and frigates back up to 16, we would be fine

What is Reading like? I hear it's been consistently rated as the best UK city in which to live, and it seems close enough to London that going there on the weekend wouldn't be a big deal.

>labour shortage problems in the colonies
1. they're not colonies
2. they have strict immigration requirements
3. they want skilled labour not millions of chavs

How do we fix the current problem of crew retention? Getting recruits is easy, getting them to stay in as lifers is the hard part, it is pointless having more ships if we do not have the skilled manpower to operate them.

No, you will never get a visa. A British grandparent wont count for shit unless your parent was a citizen and you were born BEFORE 1983.

Also, they are full immigrant scum.

>Ukrainian flag

Doesn't make me know leaf faggot. It is an area I know a lot about.

What are my odds of being allowed to immigrate to the UK after I finish med school and residency and begin practicing? I'm white btw.

>A British grandparent wont count for shit unless your parent was a citizen and you were born BEFORE 1983.
Different leaf here (with no criminal record), how does it work if you're born after 1983 to a British mother (one who has "normal" citzenship, not citizenship by descent or anything like that)? Can I still into Britbong citizenship or am I fugged?

If your parents were married you can claim citizenship, I'm currently doing just that (dad's English)
Be prepared to pay at least one hundred quid for the passport and to submit many different documents.

>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
t. cuck

>BORN TO A BRITISH MOTHER
Yea, you're british, r kid. Pls don't be "the leaf" and apply for your passport ASAP. You are most welcome (not mostly ala our European friends.)

>If your parents were married
they are, though in my case since it's the mother would it even make a difference if they weren't married? I thought it was just if it was a British father that marriage was necessary.

Also, how the fuck do you apply? The documents on the UK government website all seem to be for naturalisation demands for people in the UK, there don't seem to be any forms non people outside the UK making a demand which isn't naturalisation.

>to be any forms non people
any forms for people*

Because you're half British you're already considered British by decent, you just have to apply for a first passport on the government website

No Leafs allowed

Shall be writing the Queen momentarily to inform her of your plea and requesting that she ban all incoming Leafs

Go and speak to your local British embassy or consulate.

I don't try to, or claim to, speak for all Brits, but you are MOST welcome; not MOSTLY welcome here, brotha.

OOOOO CAAANAAADAAA

thanks lads, much appreciated

Also, once you have a passport, does that mean you're free to live and work at will in the UK (provided you have no criminal record or anything like that)? Or is does acquiring the right to immigrate and work require further paperwork, beyond the mere passport?

Passport is proof of Citizenship

Your Mum is a Brit.
I dunno but how was that even a question?

YOU'RE A BRIT, YOU CAN CLAIM YOUR PASSPORT NOW.

Ha ha but your PM is in Saudi sucking that Saud cock. She also let Qatar prince play with her crown jewels. Prepare for an influx of Arab immigrants. The irony.

Cobie Smulders is that you? Come back home to your rightful land.

See You'll be considered as British as any brit by the government, so no need to worry about immigration, if you get over the hassle of ordering a passport that is