Hey guys. Just got back from seeing the movie War Dogs. I don't think there are any reviews of it on the internet yet...

Hey guys. Just got back from seeing the movie War Dogs. I don't think there are any reviews of it on the internet yet, and I'm bored, so ask me anything I guess. I can keep it spoiler free if you want.

two of my favorite young actors in a movie about guns. it doesn't get any better than this.

I actually really enjoyed the movie! I thought it was going to be a straight up Jonah Hill comedy. I didn't know going into it that it was based on a true story. It was not what I expected.

bump. Anyone interested in this movie? I really enjoyed it.

I hate both of these actors and I hate the Hangover trilogy.

Why did they remake lord of war?

If it helps, it's nothing like the Hangover movies. It's more of a true story about criminal activity and arms dealing than it is a comedy. There are funny parts sure, and it seems to be marketed as a comedy, but I wouldn't classify it as one.

>le cynical, sarcastic take on the "american dream"

this shit is so last decade, I wish they faggots would stop doing these kinds of flicks

I haven't seen Lord of War, but it seems like it's a movie about arms dealing in general. Am I right in that assumption? This movie is specifically about Efraim Diveroli and David Packouz and their Afgan deal with the Pentagon.

What's with the retarded LULZ AMERICA bullshit in the trailers? Why are they trying so hard to tie this in American patriotism when the average American has nothing to do with gunrunning?

1.) Is it worth watching when it gets to Netflix or whatever?
2.) Are the threads claiming it's anti-American propaganda just Sup Forums tinfoil-hat types?

The movie wasn't about patriotism at all. They even say in the trailer, it's not about being pro war. It's about being pro money. Miles Teller's character in the movie actually opposed the war going on in Afghanistan. These guys were only in it for the money. Trust me it's not pro America or pro war in any way.

>the average American has nothing to do with gunrunning
If you're an american who doesn't run guns, nail sluts, and disregard the law, then you just aren't doing it right.

1) I personally did enjoy the movie. Now I can't speak for everyone else, and I guess when the movie comes out we'll see how the critics feel about it, and how well it does. I know a random stranger on the internet's opinion doesn't matter much.
2) I don't know why people keep talking about whether it's pro-American or anti-American at all. I don't think it's propaganda for either side. These guys were strictly trying to make money. There happened to be a war going on, so they saw an opportunity in making money via arms dealing. The only reason the war and America are mentioned really is because that's how they were making their money.

>Trust me it's not pro America or pro war in any way.
DROPPED

Thanks! I'll probably check it out when it gets to netflix or hbo then. I only asked 2 because someone's been posting threads about it being blatant anti-american propaganda, but I assumed that was just the usual Sup Forums baiting that happens before a film's release, like the exaggeration of the feminist aspects of the newest mad max.

lol I'm not here to convince you guys to see it. I just happened to see it a week early, and felt like maybe some people would be interested in hearing what it was like.

>I don't know why people keep talking about whether it's pro-American or anti-American at all.
The trailers made it seem like they were trying to send a message that if you're pro-American then you're a piece of shit who's also pro-gunrunning because you only care about money. But I haven't seen the movie so I don't know; I'm just going by the trailers and that's what it seemed like to me.

>The trailers made it seem like they were trying to send a message that if you're pro-American then you're a piece of shit who's also pro-gunrunning because you only care about money.
I must have seen a completely different trailer.

OP here. I didn't get that vibe from the trailers either lol and the movie totally isn't like that.

I dont think I've ever seen a movie try so hard to be "cool"

Looks terrible and anti-USA/war fuck both these shitty jews.

Yeah. All I got from the trailers is that these two dudes were corrupt and greedy and did reckless illegal shit...which is what they really did. The actions of a few corrupt contractors is not indicative of the behavior and beliefs of the military or American people.

I feel like the trailers don't do the movie very much justice. It seems to me like it was marketed as a comedy, especially using Jonah Hill and showing that it was from the guy who made the Hangover trilogy.

The movie isn't really a comedy though. It's a telling of an even that actually happened based on these two guys who struck a $300 million deal with the Pentagon. It just happened to have funny parts in it.

>being anti-war is controversial

Is it similar to the wolf of wall street or the big short or is it less comedic?

It's a story about 2 guys profiting from war and how they got in over their heads and the destructive nature of their greed.

This, the movie is closer to American Hustle rather than The Hangover. Bradley Cooper was alright, what did you think?

Who said it's controversial? It's the exact opposite, which is why I mention it. It's these fucking liberals pushing their agenda again

You saw it too? I really enjoyed it honestly. Bradley Cooper wasn't in it as much as I thought he would be, but he was pretty badass. Also Jonah Hill's character is such a dick. It's weird that he lost all that weight and then got obese again for this movie.

OP here. Actually the thing that blew my mind the most about the movie was that almost everything they did was completely legal. There were a lot of shady parts and grey areas, and they did some illegal things, but for the most part, completely legal.

What in the world makes you think the left is against military actions? You realize the right has been traditionally isolationist? Even Trump has been vocal about his condemnation of the Iraq war.

The movie doesn't glorify these guys, nor does it really condemn them either. It shows the repercussions of their actions. They just saw an opportunity and seized it. They found a grey area the government had and exposed a loophole. I'm surprised more people didn't do what they did honestly.

>everything they did was completely legal
>and they did some illegal things
wat.

You don't have to be a Leftist to be anti-war. Shit, most veterans I know are anti-war because they realize all modern wars are just a way for the military-industrial complex to make a quick buck.

If you re-read what I said, I said ALMOST everything they did was completely legal.

I was just pointing out how confusing your post was. You said everything they did was legal. Then you said they did some illegal stuff. Then you said almost everything they did was legal. You could have just said the last part.
t. Sup Forums technical editor

No, the whole post, I said ALMOST everything they did was legal. It was mainly a lot of shady, grey area shit that may be looked down upon. They did a few, very few actual illegal things, but most of what they did was completely legal.

Keep in mind when the military-industrial complex makes a quick buck, it isn't everyone involved that makes a quick buck. It's mostly the people at the top of the ladder that are lining their pockets with government money.

Didn't they get arms from China? Wasn't that extremely illegal?

They struck a deal with some Albanians for a million rounds of AK-47 ammo to provide to the US military. That part was legal. They went over to Albania to make sure the rounds were legit too, and they had multiple crates filled with ammo. They were shown the inside of one crate which had the ammo they wanted. Later they found out, the other crates were filled with Chinese ammo, which they didn't know about. If they were to sell that to the US military, that would be illegal because there was some sort of trade embargo against China or some shit. Their options were to either walk away from a $300 million deal, OR what they actually decided to do was repackage the Chinese ammo in plastic bags and cheaper boxes, so no one could tell the difference. That part was most definitely illegal.

So they knowingly broke the law? Doesn't really sound like a grey area.

That was one of the actual illegal things they did..

What are the grey area things that surprised you?

>advertised as the American Dream.
>it's two amoral Jews selling guns to whoever will buy for a few shekels
>Americans die as a result

Making money above the lives of your countrymen is the Jewish Dream. Not the American Dream.