ITT: When the first song is the best of the album

ITT: When the first song is the best of the album

The best song could also be Nowhere Fast and Well I Wonder.

Also
>When the last song is the worst song on the album

Also
>when user gets upset that songs don't share the same opinions with him

I don't think Meat is Murder is bad, but it's definitely the worst. What other song on this album would you even consider close?

Strangeways is the worst.

absolute retard

Meat is murder is one of the best songs on the album. Nowhere fast is the worst

>nowhere fast is the worst

lol! retard

>lol
wew

>Nowhere Fast is the worst
Alright now you're just being a dingus.

How do I get into The Smiths? I've tried but I can't really dig it.

Keep listening to The Queen Is Dead until it clicks.

there u g- wait...

ignore Intro. Straight to Apocalypse Please

Well I Wonder is the seventh song though

the first three songs are what keep me coming back to this album

>Wishes
>On the Sea
>Irene

the last 3 songs are the best on that album

am I wrong

yes

I didn't know That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore was the first track. ...Of course it's also too dismally depressing to listen to very often, so I will give the honor to The Headmaster Ritual as well.
And what exactly doesn't click?

what is Stockholm Syndrome

related

what is hysteria

Wanted to try listening to Kyuss for a while now, how good are they as compared to QOTSA?

But Bel Air is the best song

yes, yes you are, Sowing season is shit
that award would go to either You won't know or luca, (not a huge fan of jesus christ)
For mine: You know you're right is the best piece of music ever produced, rest of the album is mostly normie garbage

what is blackout

yes

Don't remember the tracklisting on this but That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore is the best song on here.

good meme

Its different, heavier, sometimes more psychedelic/ambient/prog even. The songs usually unfold for a longer time

t b h, being a huge QOTSA fan, I struggled a bit with Kyuss' vocal at first - but man this album, Welcome to Sky Valley, ended up being my favourite stoner rock album of all time. Give it a shot!

When the second song on the first album is the best song of the band's 30 year, 20 album career

Heavier, denser sound, more looser song structures, various riffs per song, harsher vocals.

>what is I'm Designer
>what is Into the Hollow
>what is Misfit Love
>what is 3's and 7's
Turning on the Screw is bloody fantastic tho, perfect opener for the album. That disjointed solo is probably one of the best in Qotsa's catalog.

You Know You're Right is 10/10 but it doesn't really make sense to praise it and shit on the rest of Nirvana's stuff it's a by the numbers Nirvana song albeit one of the best at it.

When the written-for-radio song is the only good song on the album

I've heard it's very stoner rock,which turned me off from it at first (not that I have a problem with it, just that I wasn't sure). But since you've recommended it to me, I'll definitely check it out Thanks!

this is also wrong, what the fuck? 5 Years? Who the fuck listens to that. Soul love and Ziggy stardust are far better

It's definitely a must if you're somewhat into stoner/desert! Grab yourself a cold one and watch the sun set, you'll have a sweet time

All good songs, but Turnin on the Screw is still objectively the best on the album. That's the beauty of QOTSA though, all their albums are good on their own level, it's hard to pick the best. Really hoping the new one will be good too.

definitely

Are you talking about Madness or Panic Station? Even then, Survival and Animals are the bast songs on the album

As much as I love QOTSA and this album, its probably one of my least favourite on there
Tracks 4 to 8 are all better

but you know you're right never got old, and it's not that I hate nirvana, it's that I much prefer their obscure stuff such as Do re mi, where as their most popular stuff is mostly trash imo (this may be because I've heard every nirvana song over 100 times at this point but fuck you I don't have to be rational)

Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished

It's the one that more obviously represents the whole concept of Era Vulgaris: robotic, disjointed, barely holding itself together, apathetic, sarcastic, political. I can definitely see why Qotsa's more casual fans hate it, it's the most out there thing they ever did. Definitely the best Qotsa album along with Likr Clockwork imo, one of the most accomplished things Homme did.

You probably heard every Nirvana song too many times to be making a rational judgement, their obscure stuff isn't that different from their popular stuff, technically wise. I do agree their deeper cuts are often their best. Would love an acoustic album full of Do Re Mi's'.

honestly this but SD is just a great album in general

That album starts at track 2 for me

Geek USA tho

That's honestly the first time I've ever heard anyone say Era Vulgaris is their best work. Most people tend to pick Songs for the Deaf, maybe because it;s their most mainstream one, I don't know. I like ...Like Clockwork the most imo, it's the most personal slow Josh has ever gotten (i.e. Vampyre, Fairweather)

Why does nobody ever mention Lullabies? Its easily in the top 3 for me, incredible follow-up to Songs for the Deaf

I actually think Songs for the Deaf is a tad inconsistent to be their best. It's definitely their most successful, accessible and well known album to date, that may have to do with it.

i hate when this happens

Lady Stardust is the true beginning to the album.

dont listen to this guy
listen to Hatful of Hollow

I agree 5 Years isn't the best on the album, but what the fuck are you other mongs on about? Five Years is fucking great.

Can confirm, Hatful of Hollow got me into the Smiths after many tries listening to their other stuff. Specially Hand In Glove, What Difference Does it Make and How Soon is Now.

8 steps to perfection is better
these

Patrician taste OP

Lel :^)

But the answer is unironically Harmony.

EP but still bloody amazing nonetheless

no

that's not Feeling Yourself Disintegrate

>he's not a Fireball guy

Yes
Starman

that's the second best track.
Good Morning, Captain is better

im afraid you're not on reddit

DG - No Love Deep Web
Would NY State Of Mind count as the first track off Nas - Illmatic?
Black Flag - Damaged
Daft Punk - Discovery

for some reason that's almost all of their albums to me

still great albums

midwest emo

im fucking glad im not on reddit m8

not that it makes any difference, but Sup Forums kinda blows too you know, so get off your high horse maybe

Every song is fucking great on both of these tho

This is true.
Also true.

this, although The Summer Ends is a close second

Natural selection for me. Lowkey underrated album.