What was your country like 1000 years ago?

What was your country like 1000 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T0dkg0gt0u8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HA!

HA!

HAHAHA... HA!

Farmland getting robbed on the daily by scandi niggers

Farming, trading, exploring and robbing islandniggers

We wuz redskins n shiiiet

Deus Vult

Non-existent. Greece as a country is newer than the US.

Dunno lol

olaf the holy had been for 2 years

>In 1016 King Cnut the Great[2] (Old Norse: Knútr inn ríki;[3] c. 995[4] – 12 November 1035), also known as Canute, was King of Denmark, England, and Norway.

norman conquest is nearly 50 years away

king*

learn your god-damned history

Same as today but with more Kuruminhas.

>1000 years later we still take Crimea from someone else.
Based Rus.

we wuz moors n shiet

we wuz mounds

Nobody was insane enough to live where I'm currently living 1000 years ago.

>tfw chango

Literally not Greece.

BBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

a couple dozen loosely tied groups of estonians bashing each others heads in

Siberia or Far East? Some Chukchas settled there.

Uninhabited

Weren't your ancestors more widespread back then?

1000 years ago? no. 10000 years ago and before that. yes. the time frame in op was pretty much the end of the viking age for us and a really transitional phase in terms of city settlement, agriculture and cultural contacts. but essentially there were a lot of people who identified only with their tribes and an idea of estonia as a country didn't exist not even by a longshot

Was there really nobody before the (fairly recent) Maoris?

you didn't get it

a fighting zone

like this

Russia was probably illiterate.

>Africa was this much closer to Italy back then
>literally swimming distance away from Sicily

really made me think

>swimming distance
Most people can't swim across a river let alone an ocean

most people that know how to swim can probably swim across a river, come on now
maybe not the mississipi or the nile, but other rivers are ez

oogatl boogatl pyramidtzin

Uninhabited

Where I live there were natives living in cliff dwellings and out on the plains.
It was a wetter climate so they were able to farm and stuff.

He's black, pay no mind

If you rest you can cross most rivers. I have seen people crossing Volga countless times. Some people drown but only if they don't rest and there are nobody around to help them.

And without Manoels and Edibertos

A non country

Allahu akbar

i once swam across a river with a backpack filled with 20 liters of bear and tobacco stuffed in condoms. just swim in a straight line and don't try to fight the current. you'll end up hundred meters off from where you intend to end up, but at least you're over it. also, tie your clothes to your head with power tape if you don't like wet clothes.
/bravo blog post

Better than what ever the fuck we are now.

>estonia measures bears in liters

the more you know

well... pints are equally retarded

it was a joke based on that map which shows north africa very close to italy

everyone does
exceptions are UK and USA i think

People lived in balance with the wild and everyone had a pet jaguar.

I think he was mentioning it due to "bears" not "beers"

better than it is now

On the path to civil war because of Christfags trying to force their faggotry down other peoples throats

It was in the reign of the first king of the first big dynasty.

KANGZ literally
Medieval Flanders was one of the richest regions in Europe

here's some free of charge 0% tip newfriend education

Being btfo by Byzniggers

>...in 1004 Basil II defeated Samuel in the battle of Skopje and took possession of the city. The war attrition dragged on for a decade until 1014, when the Bulgarians were decisively defeated at Kleidion.
>Some 14,000 Bulgarians were captured; it is said that 99 out of every 100 men were blinded, with the remaining hundredth man left with one eye so as to lead his compatriots home, earning Basil II the moniker "Bulgaroktonos", the Bulgar Killer. When they arrived in Samuel's residence in Prespa, the Bulgarian Emperor suffered a heart attack at the grisly sight and died two days later, on 6 October.
>Resistance continued for four more years under Ravril Radomir (r. 1014–1015) and Ivan Vladislav (r. 1015–1018) but after the demise of the latter during the siege of Dyrrhachium the nobility surrendered to Basil II and Bulgaria was annexed by the Byzantine Empire.

Zerging you.

Filled with Amerindians doing Amerindian things, no racemixed people, no whites and no blacks

Very dangerous people have natural avoidance which is why they are barriers, you have to enforce yourself not to die which is why it is not a means of transportation.

There's also sharks and unpredictable waves in the med sea.

End of First Bulgarian Empire

Bretty good, starting to seriously ramp up in power.

A professional swimmer to swim strait of gibraltar took 6 hours plus with a boat assistance and an organizations help in case of currents dogs etc..

A brilliant aristocratic culture centered in Heian-kyo (ancient Kyoto)

But people called the place Greece and the people there greeks. Therefore, existed. Even if not as a sovereign state known as Greece.

They took smoko seriously back then.

interesting. what kind of sports is this?

The Wari (a pre-inca culture) ruled Peru
vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=T0dkg0gt0u8

Mainly being unironic kangz and shiet

Oh, "Farting competitions"!
You're so knowledgeable.
But that is Edo period. (300 years ago)

Pyramids, ancient scientists, pre-indian philosophical school, etc

>and now 503 service unavailable

Mad Max but with jungle instead of desert and birds instead of cars

My country was a paradise of roving bands and easily killed food. Sometimes easy fucking, sometimes strict, traditional, arranged marriages. Injuns are funny like that.

My people 1000 years ago? Like says we were constantly fending off the blond menace, and then we finally failed at it and the Norman disaster happened.

Not many reconstructions of Mesoamerican cities from that period unfortunately.

Although the Mixtecs were quite active back then.

Constant war between the Chibchas who LEGALLY occupied the territory and the Nahualt filth who lived here before. The Chibchas started coming to whats today CR and Panamá like 2000 years ago, but the extermination wars started around 1000 years ago.

Most roads, aqueducts, reservoirs, grain banks and so on built by the Chibchas here were build then, its believed thats when they got hold of the land. When the Spaniards arrived the only Nahualt tribe in the territory were the Chorotegas in the Nicoya peninsula, and while they were "at peace" with the two Chibcha tribes near them, the Maleku and the Huetars, there were constant conflicts and what not, mostly between the Huetars and the Chorotegas.

Pic related was the king who almost controled all the Mixtec city-states before being defeated by his nephew, in revenge for the sacrifice of his mother and father.

Japan most great desu

Hail great Heian Kyo!