I love DC but can

They fix it?

It depends on what you call fixing it. Avg joes just want a fun flick, adults that read comics as kids want dc specific tales, fanboys want specific no killing bats, and the studio just wants profits without going into Batman & Robin territory (100% kids only, lets sell toys).

Personally I loved BvS, but it is obvious the studio has no plan (complete unified script), first it was a pure supes sequel, then it became a bats team up, then they decided lets add ww and other leagues.

If they have a coherent script they can please the audience (grim dark or not).

I dunno, Who is Can?

It's kind of mind blowing how bad things have gone.

Man of Steel was good, if a bit bleak and heavy-handed.

But Jesus fuck, what the hell happened to BvS and SS?

my guess is the studio wanted avengers money fast and without setting up the characters properly via film story methods or comic book methods.

Are you Mexican?

Drop everything in post production. Focus on superman, batman, and wonder woman sequels. George Miller directs justice league 2. Do a proper expansion of characters that are now fan favorites

Hire better editors?

no. Create a think tank, and micro manage based on the script/vision of the final product. (director, writters, comic guys and editors should have synergy).

They tried to become Avengers, but wanted to do it REALLY fast instead of waiting a little.

Also, there are lots of people out there who just won't accept a semi-serious superhero movie. You either go full Iron Man or you are "too gritty and grim and dark" for the audience.

This.

>there are lots of people out there who just won't accept a semi-serious superhero movie
they would if the script were well done.
MoS was poorly handled, but overall was a better movie that everything else we got later.

>Personally I loved BvS

What's your opinion on BvS? (Hopefully the extended version)

People complained a lot about its script, but I didn't really notice that many problems with it. More like it had a lot of editing problems, honestly.

>Do a proper expansion of characters that are now fan favorites
no.
Choose 5 vertigo titles, get good directors that can work with a tight budget and let them experiment with those (WB shouldn't even get close to the movie).
it's current year, call a thousand well known nerds and show them several edits of the movies and gather info about what the fuck they want, then use comercial directors for the blockbusters since those are supossed to make money.
TL:DR vertigo titles for experimenting and +A characters for the money.

i saw both versions.
the director's cut just fix some inconsistencies in the story, but overall didnt change the movie that much.
about your question, the script is fine, nothign remarkable but is ok.
here is the problem IMO:

Snyder is gifter director when you need smeone to create complelling action scenes or trailers, he can delivr a visual punch to your senses in a short span of time, BUT the guy is a retard when he need to maintain the pace in a movie.
he can't squeeze the actor's talent either.
Snyder should've notice that Lex portrayal was a joke, he should've redirected that energy into something better, and the movie overall just drags too much in parts.

>Snyder isn't a good actor's director
>Snyder is awesome with visuals and action scenes
>Snyder can't maintain the interest or know when you need to bump the movie from time to time to maintain the interest of the audience
>it's obvious that (like with SS) WB put a lot of shit in the movie that wasn't in there to begin with, like to awful trailers for upcoming movies in WW laptop.
>Lex is a disaster.
>you can see obvious meddling from WB n the script too.

No. Every movie is progressively worse than the last one and I have no doubt Wonder Woman will be the shittiest one yet.

>Personally I loved BvS, but it is obvious the studio has no plan (complete unified script), first it was a pure supes sequel, then it became a bats team up, then they decided lets add ww and other leagues.
I mean, for that's sort of how movies get made though. Not everything is conceived a a grand multi-part epic with every beat planned out from day one. Everyone gives Marvel a lot of credit for having a "plan," but really what they had was a basic idea and a specific tone. They new early on that they wanted to do an Avengers movie, and they took time to do the phase one stuff first, but it's not like it's really a grand unified story wherein Iron Man begets Hulk, Hulk begets Iron Man 2, Iron Man 2 begets Thor, etc. They're all fairly contained stories that get loosely tied together in the end. Really, Civil War was the first one that felt like the specific events of a previous film led directly to the the next film.

I think WB would be okay if they get a creative head who can oversee everything a la Feige to keep things consistent (which apparently they are saying the have in Geoff Johns) and then sit back and let the creative end do it's job. Suicide Squad and BvS seem to have been fucked over by studio interference. Disney lets Marvel Studios do it's thing for the most part. WB needs to take a page from that playbook.

pretty much this, WB putting everything on the grill rather than properly planning it out. Its desperation.

Warner Bros got too involved and Synder can no longer cast for shit.

?

yup, i should watch it again but as far as i can remember the winter soldier was pretty "serious" for capeshit too.
and well received.