Would his music be taken seriously today if he hadn't brutally killed himself?

Would his music be taken seriously today if he hadn't brutally killed himself?

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7267-figure-8/
youtube.com/watch?v=7355UZxPbFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

except all evidence indicates he was murked

he was murdered

Yes, but it wouldn't be as revered

yeh who the fuck stabs themselves twice and isnt autistic.

>killed himself
Not this fucking meme again

His music isn't taken seriously today?

this
who the fuck do you people think you're kidding here

Why do you think that OP implied that his music isn't taken seriously currently?
I understand your interpretation, but read the post again.

Dude, have seen interviews of Elliott? He was a turboautist. Great musician but he definitely had some sort of social deficiency.

Wrong. Chiba had literally no motive to kill him. She's a cunt but killing him would have fucked her over because she was dependent on him.

Today his music is taken very seriously. But what about when he was towards the end of his life? If he hadn't killed himself, we probably wouldn't see so many people adoring him.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7267-figure-8/

That Figure 8 review will never fail to piss me off

The worst part is that review was written by the founder and CEO of Pitchfork

I think he would be a Trent Reznor kind of figure. Yeah, Reznor's seen as whiny but people still respect him as a musician. At least with Elliott dying, people see that he wasn't all-talk and that his dark words actually meant something. It's too bad he didn't finish From a Basement on the Hill as a double album before he checked out, though.

>Today his music is taken very seriously.
a bit too seriously

>See you in heaven never got any lyrics

my fucking heart

>At least with Elliott dying, people see that he wasn't all-talk and that his dark words actually meant something.
>you have to kill yourself or people might think you were just pretending to be miserable
fucking crazy

>pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/7267-figure-8/
What a fucking faggot

this x100

Holy shit what an awful thread.

This

He still would have been a respected indie songwriter, but his death sorta created a cult following amongst fans imo

this

Well you know what? You can leave

>some sort of social deficiency

110% this

may he RIP in peace tho

i was in high school when he died and my circle of friends and wider circles of acquaintances at the time acted like elliott was a god

we werent wrong

pic related: how i felt when i learned elliott passed away

The theory is that it was supposed to be a cleaned-up studio version of "My New Freedom". The 2 songs kinda fit when mixed together by a fan. Obviously it's nothing like what Elliott probably intended but I'd like to at least think it satisfies the mystery of what "See You In Heaven" would have been.

youtube.com/watch?v=7355UZxPbFE

>killed himself

Hehe yeah

Well your awful opinion sure as hell didn't make it any better.

Except I literally never said that, so fuck off.

If you write dark music, people stop taking you seriously after a certain amount of years. You think Joy Division would be famous had Ian not checked out early? They probably would have made 2-3 more good "Joy Division" albums before abandoning it to change up their formula or else they'd end up looking as washed out as The Cure looks today. But because that isn't what happened, people's wild imaginations romanticize what could have been and they're still relevant to this day because of the stories and myths behind them.

>all these people acting like suicide via stabbing isn't a thing
>all these people who don't know that people who suicide via stabbing usually stab multiple times

Fuck off. It wasn't ruled a suicide just because the police were lazy, if that shit seems suspicious to a bunch of fat-dweebs on Sup Forums I guarantee you it looked suspicious to the people who make sure murderers don't get away with their crimes for a living, and they most definitely looked into it. If you don't believe me try stabbing your significant other to death and see how easy it is to try and convince everyone it was a suicide.