I grew up thinking the East Midlands was one of the best places to live in the UK and that the UK was one of the best...

I grew up thinking the East Midlands was one of the best places to live in the UK and that the UK was one of the best countries in the world to live in.
I'm 20 and I've never left this country, now other europeans say Britain is a dreary shithole full of shit aged architecture, shit ugly people and nothing fun to do at all. Apparently this place is poor but has a good wage, apparently this place is full of monotony and cunts that make continentals want to kill themselves because the people in their country are much nicer and fun to be around.

I mean, overcast days for me are cozy I get to wear a coat I never felt depressed due to the weather but sure this country is full of shit people but aren't there much worse people in other countries? I mean I thought this country was one of the best places to be born in, I thought our schools were the best, I thought our nhs was the best but lately I've realised this isn't the case, I realised I myself am a retarded british midlander. I myself am a lazy cunt that isn't fun to be around.

Why is this country so shit then eh

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2013/07/10/worlds-shortest-work-weeks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>waaah the grass is greener i hate my country I'm a whiny unpatriotic 20 something
shut the fuck up lad

This country isn't shit at all. You see memes on Sup Forums and the media complaining for the sensationalist headlines ("the NHS is literally collapsing!") The UK is one of the best countries to live in in the world.

Ok so this country is still one of the best countries in the world and we aren't going to fall into irrelevancy
Thanks for this I feel happy again, this country is the greatest in the world

it's really not that bad take a break from euros and Sup Forums

dont know what this post is meant to mean

The UK is okay. But compared to some other Germanic countries it isnt really that special. Not your architecture, nor your wealth or health care.

There is also lot more crime and poverty in the UK than in many European countries. British people live in small houses. You government loves big brother-like measures. You still have social classes. Paparazzi. You even have border conflicts in northern ireland. Relatively many stds and stabbings. Fat people.

You've renewed my faltering faith in this country and solidified my belief that the East Midlands is still the best place on the planet to be born

we do have nice architecture, good healthcare, and some of the wealthiest cities in europe

we do have some problems with class divisions, poverty, and crime, of course
this is the burden of every great nation, refugees kill to live here (evidently sometimes literally)

also we don't really have any problems in ireland

>class divisions
I've lived in a bungalow surrounded my council estates my entire life, but East Midlands is still the greatest place on earth to be born even if your parents are working class
Truly heaven on earth, I'm sorry for whining like a weak cunt

What exactly does the UK have to offer to Swiss, Austrian, Dutch or Luxembourgish people?

Is it true you can't choose which doctor you visit? and that the NHS Death rates are 45% higher than the US's?

We are superior to you petty continentals, we don't have to explain ourselves to you
All Daily Mail propaganda, they blow the statistics out of proportion only the stupid working class believe the death rates are that high

>I grew up thinking the East Midlands was one of the best places to live in the UK and that the UK was one of the best countries in the world to live in.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
I was on a bit of a downer for a moment this evening, thanks for cheering me up m8. We were brought up learning that the UK is the best place to live, and we were so lucky, too, but then, I grew up in a 5 million quid house in Surrey mate.

>I'm 20

well theres your problem, you dont know anything about anything yet.

My life is over at 20, nothing to look forward to but ailing health and working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week till I'm 70 and the retirement age is already gone what is there to look forward to? Nothing best part of my life is over
Easy for you americans with your stocks and $100k per year average income

In the Netherlands the average person works 30 hours a week.

brb moving to the Netherlands

money.cnn.com/gallery/news/economy/2013/07/10/worlds-shortest-work-weeks/

Don't worry wate you still live in the fucking midlands, that might as well be Somalia.

>Don't worry wate you still live in the fucking midlands, that might as well be Somalia.
>Don't worry
Was this supposed to be reassuring?

>Still have social classes
Where is this classless Utopia? Someone should let the maxists know

Can an Englishbro tell me about the region's of England? All I know is Cornwall is rural and unique, south England is cosmopolitan and richer and North England is poorer and working class. Is that accurate?

>I grew up thinking the East Midlands was one of the best places to live in the UK

obvious b8

Listen to how nice it sounds "East Midlands" its like the centre (GMT) of the centre of the world, east which is better than west and midlands which is in the heart of England
East Midlands.

The South West of England is where the culture of the South of the US comes from. A region where grown men dance with sticks and roll cheese down hills.

Think of the major colonial empires
>Britain
>France
>Spain
>Netherlands
>Portugal
now only one of those countries made successful colonies filled with large populations of people from their own nation, I wonder why that was?