all metal to be honest
epitome of it in metal
i hear it
and think
this is
reddit

pet sounds is the original scarf-core

>p-please put your head on my shoulder, m-m'lady

this isn't Sup Forums shitflinging though, this is a legitimate discussion regarding nu-males

>legitimate discussion regarding nu-males
hahahaahaahahahhahaah

father john misty

If nu-males like metal it's only because society told them it was okay to

That's the jyst of that insult. They have no opinions of their own

death grips

I can't describe to you how much Death Grips is not a nu-male band

k/jpop

No that's for cretin neckbeards

please elaborate

They're punk music for the age where what's being retaliated against is smug pseudo-adults that act like they're above things but can never justify why it's actually supposed to be bad. They're very explicitly designed to piss off nu-males.

For instance, nearly all of their openers exist to turn away anyone that doesn't appreciate this kind of music and make them angry and confused. The average scarf-clad pedestrian redditor opens up this interesting new "Exmilitary" album he's heard about through the grapevine and listens to a 30 second long speech from Marilyn Manson before a black man proceeds to shout nondescriptly threatening things at him over droned out guitars. It's intentionally weird, stupid, scary and irritating. Anyone that appreciates things on surface and or just uses music as a way of validating their ego to make themselves feel somewhat profound shuts it off in 30 seconds and says "Well that sucked" before leaving a sarcastic comment on YouTube. Anyone appreciates that it's probably like this for some kind of reason probably picks up on what they're going or atleast that there's something to it and they keep listening.

That's the jyst of it. They aren't really that deliberate with their approach and they basically just do what they feel, but that's it in a nutshell. In a world where everything that vaguely resembles dark early 2000s maximalism gets slapped with the "edgy" label as if people can't comprehend that some people just like things and aren't doing it because of their masculine inadequacies one band basically decided to overturn that and create a new counter-culture.

If "nu-males" like it now it's just because people told them it was okay to. The band's whole montra was pissing these people off and making them put their foot in their mouth.

the fuck is a numale

all good

a word used by people who are very insecure about their masculinity

Someone that wants to look cool and different but only in the most nondescript way possible that couldn't possibly offend anyone. It's a bit of an update of the word "hipster"

Some people use and abuse it to describe anyone with a beard and glasses but it has its place.

I don't know. The amount of heads like this I've browsed is in the triple digits now and I still have no fucking idea. As far as I can tell, it's a way to criticize music without actually criticizing the music.

threads*

>jyst
just

Look at the mirror right now and you'll see one

:)

But what exactly is the basis for all this? What if whoever you're referring to actually likes the music they say they like? Is there an actual critique against that music?

>jyst

imagine having the kind of time to craft such sweeping narratives about meme-grips and numales. you're this generations george rr martin.

>shitting on crack the skye
eat shit and die

any mucore
we have bingo

remember kids when you didn't get medicated and see something on Sup Forums you dislike you're free to redirect that person to reddit or call them a nu-male

>What if whoever you're referring to actually likes the music they say they like?
They exist, they're just kinda disproportionate

People that just like acoustic music about relationships will continue liking that music regardless of whether an internet meme will make fun of them. It's kind of a convenient delimiter

I've been having the same conversation about dubstep here for the past 5 years

I'm sorry for having an opinion more verbose than an ambiguous insult regarding someone's masculinity. Thank you for exemplifying what I just went into detail about.

a pussy

Death Grips are nu-male city

Coincidence?

I'm Waiting for the Day is the best sounding cuck song of all time

a wuss

death grips fan

>judging music based on lyrics
im surprised you managed to type the url to this site

I love this album and can confirm that I'm not a numale. Argument is non-existent. Sry m8

t. numale

how dare u

genuinely love a lot of this album however i mostly just listen to what people say is ok to like. so yeah i guess nu-male core but i do actually love it so idk what that makes me

You're a dumbcunt if you think pet sounds is numale-core

It is you fucking retard

This guy

t. nu male

>death, Megadeth, Ghost, Mastodon
nice b8

This is probably the best answer

I'm confused, what makes this album for nu-male?

that doesn't strike me as particularly numale

i mean that's a pretty universally loved album so im sure nu-males like it but idk if that makes it "numalecore"

Numalecore is more like Grimes or Solange

i'm HOLLerin

Nu males like music so I guess op thinks all music is nu male core
I bet op thinks eating food or driving a car is nu male core because nu males do these things as well

this

also this

tfw i actually unironically love this album and i haven't had sex since new years

ITT: albums with good lyrics that people can relate to

>Marilyn Manson
Dude.

iktf

A catchall phrase to insult someone by degrading their masculinity. People that use the term are all burly 6 ft tall men who can change their own oil and have chopped down trees and actually know the value of a days hard work. Also muh SJWs and liberals. Or something

Also beards are no longer manly for some reason

I agree with the beard thing, too many dumb people have made beards faggy now

>Mr. Bungle - California
not even metal

I still don't know what a numale is

I like Death Grips but jesus christ dude
>Marilyn Manson

Such delicious b8

just because it's bait doesnt mean it's wrong or doesn't describe a whole demographic of metal "listeners"

>marilyn manson

How does it feel to be a nu-male in denial?

>Since New Years
Get the fuck out.

Real men suppress their emotions, nu-male

delet this

This is perfect for numale-core, literally every album

A word losers on the internet use to desperately feel superior to other losers on the internet.

I rate 2 of these albums, am meh to 10 and dislike 4 of them. Is that a pass?

Their "emotions" being "wahhh my relationship isn't completely ideal"