What is second best vampire movie?

First is of course Twilight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X1rnBQJxfdk
youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g9p_rgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Now that the dust has settled is Twilight genuinely good? I never watched any of them but you never know.

Pain & Gain was panned. Heaven's Gate was panned.

>Pain & Gain was panned. Heaven's Gate was panned.
Both are actually around 50% on Rotten Tomatoes.

By RT standards that's not too hot, and they've been around a while. I think that the point still stands.

Heaven's Gate in particular has won a few people over the course of a few decades but was absolutely savaged when it came out.

I'd rather not turn this into a discussion about the validity or reliability of RT though, god knows Sup Forums has way too many of those. I'm genuinely curious about Twilight. I might have to watch just to be sure.

You're right and both those are movies that have gained followings.
I think Twilight is terrible though.

what we do in the shadows >>>> twilight

>be me yesterday
>decide to rewatch Interview With A Vampire since it's been around 10 years since I've seen it and I know it's good
>while it's downloading hit up IMDB to read on the trivia
>turns out it's actually called Interview With The Vampire The Vampire Chronicles
>well that's strange
>watch the movie
>not as good as I remembered
>nothing really happens except for some personal drama
>not even good personal drama

Now I want to rewatch Queen of the Damned and I think I'm gonna be disappointed again.

>nothing really happens except for some personal drama
I understand what you mean but really a lot of movies do this. You could apply the same criticism to Goodfellas for one example.

I find the scene at the end where Louis starts watching movies in a theatre quite moving if nothing else.

I just don't understand why Louis was such a pussy. His whole transition into vampire life is confusing.

>be alive
>hate being alive
>get offered eternal life
>somehow this is a good idea because it also lifts the pain he had
>just kill me vampirefam
>nope, accepts dark gift
>doesn't really give him any superpowers except bleeding vagina
>constantly bitches from day 1 that he has to kill people
>nigga u wanted to kill yourself not a day ago and u suddenly have respect for life?
>bitched about life while being alive
>bitches about undead condition while being undead

This is what I meant about not even good personal drama. Towards the end he seems to be more content and the cinema scene was indeed nice. But the rest just feels so fucking forced.

> it also lifts the pain he had

Don't know where you got that. Hes healthier and stronger, sure, but the reasons he sought death were still present and now hes even harder to kill.

From the first 10 minutes of the movie:

>I couldn't bare the pain of their loss. I longed to be released from it.
>Most of all I longed for death, I know that now. I invited it. A release from the pain of living.

He was depressed and destructive while alive, things that gave his character personality. Somewhat. Then comes Lestat and:

>There seems no reason for any of it, does there? But what if I can give it back to you. Pluck out the pain and give you another life.

The reasons he sought death were gone. If he wanted to die it would actually be easier (and more poetic) to just wait until the sun rises. But instead of enjoying what he become he just whines for no reason except for needless drama.

>lestat said he'd pluck out the pain
>this means he literally plucked out the pain

... are you legitimately autistic?

I think you need a greater appreciation of where the vampire myth came from. There's a reason vampires were always wealthy. It's about the emptiness of European nobility. They're wealthy and decadent creatures who feed off of those below them to prolong their empty and harmful lifestyles.

Louis was certainly upper class and was unhappy to the point of wanting to die. But don't think of what Lestat did as turning him into a monster, think of it as a new lifestyle. Louis had nothing left in life but he's not the type to actively die either. Lestat offered him decadence and hedonism to try to fill that void that losing his family created and it ultimately was never enough. There were times when he was happy but that was when he felt close to other people, not when he was satisfying his base desires.

That's what the vampire myth is about and that's what Interview With The Vampire is about.

I liked Byzantium desu fääm

>Lestat offered him decadence and hedonism to try to fill that void that losing his family created and it ultimately was never enough

Where is this displayed? From what I've noticed all the distress Louis had while living is gone once he turns into a vampire. The pain of losing his family is replaced by the pain of hunger and the regret that he has to kill to stay alive. It's not much a pain anyway, much of a struggle against his own nature. Lestat schools him quite well on this. Then he turns Claudia and once she dies that becomes his new regret. Armand getting BTFO and him watching a movie is the only character development I saw from Louis.

This...pretty comfy tbqh

>Neil Jordan

He also directed In Company of Wolves

I don't think that his source of pain is as relevant as the fact that it's always there. Decadence is only escapism, it can't make you happy.

Lestat isn't happy. His life is an endless pursuit of novelty to keep himself from going mad.

Twilight is a cheesy set of movies that are good if you want to laugh at just how silly they are.

The reason everybody got so upset at it was because it broke a lot of feminist narratives. Bella is supposed to be the average teenage girl, someone for the target audience to identify with. She is self-absorbed, wants everything her own way, has two guys fawning over her, protecting her and romancing her, and she keeps cheating on each of them with the other anyway, justifying it to herself later through the most twisted, insane logic you'll ever hear.

So of course millennial girls loved it, because, sadly, the average teenage girl nowadays really is like that.

>if you want to laugh at just how silly they are
I don't believe in this. But I think that a lot of 'so bad they're good' things are actually genuinely good but stupid faggots are too cool to admit they enjoyed something

I've decided now that I'm watching these movies. I can't find a helpful answer.

Dat Gemma.

Okay, this may be tough, as it'll require understanding subtext and the mindset of another character.

What lestat saw, in louie, was a raging hedonist who was dissatisfied with living. He thought louie's dissatisfaction was because of all the pitfalls, pain, and limitations of mortal hedonism. He did not recognize louie's desire to die was not the result of crotchrot or syphilis, but how everyone he cared about in life had died senselessly. So lestat's conversion of louie did not address anything actually wrong in louie's life.

That actually makes sense.

i unironically enjoyed this movie
youtube.com/watch?v=X1rnBQJxfdk

that movie is what made WB think they could turn dracula into a superhero.

friendly reminder

youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g9p_rgo

I love this movie despite nerfing Dracula half the time to a romantic fancy boy

Let the right one in.

And not that amerifat remix

Interview with the Vampire and Lost Boys are both comfy, I must have seen them a bunch of times and I don't really know why.
This was great too
And this. fuck, a lot of solid vamp flicks now that I think of it.
And Underworld for Kate Beckinsale in a latex bodysuit

Also best vampire waifu on the right

wew

>tfw no accurate adaptation of Blood & Gold featuring shota Armand.
It hurts senpai.

It's a movie for teen girls if you think you'll enjoy the same thing as them watch, otherwise it's probably not for you

Let the right one in
Vampire hunter d bloodlust
Blood the last vampire

that book was too gay

I thought it was top-tier fap material to be quite honest.

Let Me In was really good

Twilight is garbage. I only watched the first one and after that I couldn't watch any more.
>Bella sees Edward in class once
>Edward doesn't show up for days
>Bella mad Edward didn't show up even though she doesn't even know him
So poorly written.

Pain & Gain was great. I really enjoyed that movie. Funny, great pacing, great acting and good story.

>>Bella mad Edward didn't show up even though she doesn't even know him
>So poorly written.

... sounds about right for a teenaged girl.

>Bella sees Edward in class once
>Edward doesn't show up for days
>Bella mad Edward didn't show up even though she doesn't even know him
I don't see a problem with that. Do you judge every movie by how much the protagonist thinks like you would have in the same situation?

Bella was mad at Edward because he was insanely rude on their first meeting. He seemed disgusted by her and refused to speak to her, stared at her like he wanted to kill her, ran away as soon as he could, and then she caught him trying to transfer classes immediately afterwards. So it's not like she spontaneously decided that she gives a fuck about him, he got under her skin. She was like "What the hell did I do? Why is he so angry at me? Why does he hate me?" And then he disappears for a week or so and it messes with her even more because she can't believe it because she worries it's about her (and it was). And then when he comes back, he's completely different, he's much nicer to her, makes a real effort to get along, he is very interested in her which confuses her, and he's interested in her in a way which no one else at her school is, all her other friends have been asking her superficial questions, he actually tries to get to know her, to understand her. And she's surprised by how he's able to see the reasons for how she feels so easily, even though he says she's harder to read than others (cause he can read everyone else's mind). And she realises he's really charming and beautiful and likeable when he isn't seemingly murderously angry. So I completely disagree with the idea that it's poorly written

Why is he wearing a stillsuit?

kys

rude

yeah the swedish version was

I have that movie taped on tv. Is it really good or just good for a Swedish vampire movie?

its probably a little different from what you expect, but it is genuinely good and the ending confrontation is excellent

All right then, probably worth at least one look.

>tfw no one ever wants to talk about Twilight with me

I'll watch them and then talk about them with you. Even if they're shit I'm sure that defending them will make for a fun thought exercise.

The old hammer stuff is always good.
I can't remember the title Andy Warhol's Blood for dracula (Udo Kier)
Martin
and a personal fav Near Dark.

Will we ever see an adaptation of Vampire the Masquerade other than Kindred? After discovering VtM, no other vampire lore is good enough.

>doesn't really give him any superpowers except bleeding vagina

this, why doesn't he get any superpower other than speed and strength? Lestat was very powerful, and iirc Louis was his first childe. Louis was shit tier as a vampire.

>She was like "What the hell did I do? Why is he so angry at me? Why does he hate me?"
Would she have thought the same if Edward wasn't a Chad?

The only vampire movie I can remember seeing is Only Lovers Left Alive, and it was alright.

Shadow of the Vampire is excellant

Your pic is the best vampire movie and you know it. The second is Dracula (1992).

This

Van Helsing isn't high up there but still fun

If someone looks like they're disgusted by you, are rude to you and act like they don't want to talk to you, the normal thing is to forget about that person.

>why is he so mad at me?
>what did I do?
>I have to know!
This is not how humans work. That's shitty PUA philosophy where somehow 'negging' and insults make a girl want you.

I stand corrected, it's not poorly written, its written by an autist who doesn't know what humans are like.

Stephanie Meyer is a fat 30-something-yo who is writing from a perspective of a teenage girl who has a hot vampire and a hot wolf fight over her. Then they decided to make that into a movie.

If you like Twilight as a man you're either a fag or a nu-male.

get a load of this spooked cunt who lets abstract generalisations created by other people dictate his behaviour.

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Me too.

I've only seen each once but I enjoyed the first one a lot more than Bloodlust.

The newer one was sharper and more fluid but I preferred the look of the older one. The duller, more restrained style felt much more appropriate for the kind of story it was aiming for.

Bloodlust has an amazing opening sequence but beyond that it kind of turns into a somewhat generic action piece of its time. And the bigger cast felt like a gimmicky and tropey distraction more than anything else. The first movie made D interesting but Bloodlust didn't really do anything with him beyond having him do cool stuff.

If the first 'Vampire Hunter D' movie is Shane, as a lot of people say, I'd say that 'Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust' is Mad Max: Fury Road. Not a bad movie by any stretch, but beyond being technically impressive I don't think there's that much more to it.

Even though I've known it's a real thing for a while I'll seemingly never stop finding the idea of Korean Christians funny.

Underrated AF post

The vampire lore and powers (other than the glittering shit) and the battles where cool, i watched it for that. Too bad they ruined even that by retconning the final battle.

Oh shit, I was wondering why this looked familiar and then I finally realised the 'SL.'

It's 'Stake Land.' I saw that years ago but don't really remember much of it.

The existence of a normal standard of behaviour doesn't mean that people doesn't exist outside that standard, it in fact implies the existence of outliers by even mentioning it, and Bella is a fictional character who doesn't need to be normal, so that's all very irrelevant. What is relevant is that Edward was the only person giving her a hard time when she arrived in Forks. Everyone else was trying very hard to be nice to the new girl, but here's this one guy who seems to instantly have a problem with her, so it is completely understandable why she thinks about him. She's confused by this sudden unexplained hostility, and it's in her character to be very reflective about such things, especially when everything else in the town is very benign. I'm not arguing that she makes a smart decision but it fits with basic human behaviour. Edward wasn't trying to play a game to get her to like him, he was dangerously close to losing control of himself and drinking her blood, and he removes himself from the town for several days before he dares go near her again. I just don't see that it's unreasonable for a quiet contemplative girl to be hurt that someone takes such an incredible immediate dislike to her where no one else did. The interactions make sense to me anyway.

Let the Right One In desu.

Pic is also pretty good.

Byzantium was a masterpiece, IMHO.

Instead using old cliche of "le blood drinking monsters", they portrayed vampires in their more original form - a humans cursed by devil, Clara was perfect example of succubus, Eleanor resembled angle of death, the ill boy was also great character

the incorporation of flashbacks to main story, the overall theme, music, a lot more things

this movie is instant classic for me

I liked the book, it was solid story for teenagers.
Never got to read more thought. The movie was garbage, casting killed it.

sounds euphoric

So you agree?

haven't seen it but I don't like the sound of it from what you've written

That's just my interpretation.

Other user could say it's about two women surviving in the world.

that's better

You should see it, it's pretty comfy movie.

and you've lost me again

Well you obviously wouldn't enjoy it anyway. It's kinda boring.

i thought you said it was good?

It is very good.

then why wouldn't i like it? are you insulting me?

Depends. Did you like Blade Runner movie?

Cmon nobody has posted this yet?

Its such a comfy movie

This is the best vampire movie, dont feel bad user.

It looks nice but is less impressive alonside the rest of Ridley Scott's filmography and fairly shallow.

I think it's decent movie, but really poor adaptation, as it drops many elements of the book.
Just the fact that they changed world from postapocalyptic to evolved metropolis full of life was mistake. It completely changed tone of the story.

1. Interview with the Vampire
2. The Lost Boys
3. Nosferatu the Vampyre
4. Fright Night
5. Let the Right One In
6. Near Dark
7. Bram Stoker's Dracula
8. From Dusk til Dawn
9. John Carpenter's Vampires
10. Shadow of the Vampire

Honorable mentions: Vamp, Fright Night 2, Salem's Lot, Return to Salem's Lot

I enjoyed Shadow of the Vampire and What We Do In The Shadows.

Van Helsing isn't half bad, once you get over the cgi fight at the end.