/mlb/ - the major league baseball general ICE COLD STOVE edition

someone heat this stove up. also shitpost over this gay map.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Dodgers/comments/5il6gq/secret_santa_deliveries_post_your_giftsthanks_in/
espn.com/blog/buster-olney/insider/post?id=15459
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Boston and Yankees invading Canada

Leafs confirmed cucks

Yankee Dominance.
The only reason the Royals are that big in Kansas is because of their WS visits and victory. This place was crawling with Red Sox hats before that.

inb4 royals guy

>Who /gotyourmanbutnowyouroffseasonisoveralready/ here?

>Jays biggest section on the map
Murrica confirmed cucks. Canada owns Americas pastime.

Going to keep agreeing with this Cubs fan here
Something even we noticed as we had another ex-orioles pitcher Miguel Gonzales was that they must have been doing something wrong because even with the struggles of pitching to Navarro and later Narvaez, he still pretty much held his own and wasn't too bad outside a few starts (two of them to the jays, former ale rival). Not sure what the O's did to Migo or what Coop did to fix him but it does sort of parallel what happened to Arrieta and may shed some light on the O's pitching practices.

>no mest on the map

Nice proof faggot I can say it too

Before the Yankees were only in New York city and the rest was all mets colored.

Unless I'm missing something neither the A's nor Mets have a single county.

Probably because Arrieta's natural pitching form is extremely offset and he pitches across his body, which nobody would recommend to do, since it's incredibly hard to maintain good command. But, if you can do it, it hides the ball well, and can upset the batter's timing.

bandwagoners, the lot of them

I'm just going to put it all out here

Interesting notes of this map and what they mean.

There is no Oakland A's counties
Vancouver despite being only 2 hours away from Seattle is Blue Jays
Alaska is split between the Yankees, Red Sox, and Mariners?
The red Sox and Yankees have somehow made inroads into eastern Canada
Wyoming is taken over by the Rockies
Iowa is taken over by Cubs
Despite being the Kansas City Royals, there's a huge area in Missouri
There are random single county Red Sox randomly littered around the map

You fill in what each means and add more if you see anything.

Read the fineprint, it says"
"Each US county or Canadian census division is color-coded based on WHICH OFFICIAL FACEBOOK TEAM PAGE HAS THE MOST LIKES FROM PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE." Again, hardly an accurate metric to base a fanmap on.

You don't live here faggot.
Living in Kansas is a fate I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

i thought matsui was a yankees

Kansas City is in Missouri.
Here's your (You)

Being that it's Facebook, it's still a hugely massive sample size and does actually paint a pretty good picture.

Kansas City really is a beautiful city. HIghly recommend to check out Arthur Bryants if you're ever in the area.

Cubs AAA affiliate is in Des Moines (literally called the Iowa Cubs), so they have a strong following there despite Iowa usually siding with the twin cities or Kansas City.

>Make world series in 2015
>0 counties
>Mest

There are 2 things you can do in Wichita to have fun
Drive to Kansas City or drive to Oklahoma City. :p

How many spam accounts/fake accounts do you think are on facebook? How many people are genuinely dishonest in telling facebook where they live

Never been to Wichita. Would love to catch a Thunder game in OKC.

Add to

The sun never sets on the Yankee Empire

nigga you dont have to tell (((Facebook))) where you live it figures that shit out immediately.

to be fair this was from before the 2015 season

Wichita isn't that bad. I probably am bored with the place because I've been here 25 of my 29 years of life

Normies don't do either and MLB is constantly pandering this kind of social media stuff to them. I think in this case, Facebook fits or at least isn't as bad as you think it is.

just when I was about to complain about this garbage becoming /nfl/-lite, you put the mohtyeurfucking map as the OP

jesus christ it's amazing but I actually dearly miss jints-doyers episodes. this shit is going to die a slow death by tripfags jerking each other off in nicely-styled redddit posts and I'm glad for it, take fucking steve pearce with you

Mets fans truly are miserable. Why become a fan of an expansion franchise with no history, aside from losing, when you could be a fan of the most "winningest" franchise in the history of baseball, with a rich long history that dates back to the early 20th century? At least in Chicago, the Cubs and Sox both have the same # of World Series, and both were one of the first baseball teams in the world, with beginnings stretching back to the 19th century.

A

FUCKING

leaf

Because you lived closer to Shea?

>nats cant even capture virginia fanbase
that doesn't really make any sense unless it's all displaced jews from new york

he's just mad the Cubs dont show dominance in Chicago on the map and wants to discredit it.

The Sox have long held Chicago by almost all metrics other than ticket sales. From vanity license plates to mayoral loyalties the Sox have always been Chicago's team (the current Cubs fan mayor is from Wilmette fyi).

>turning on location/linking your GPS with your kikebook account
Also, there are plenty of scam accounts out there, where people try to befriend you and scam you. Liking a baseball team would certainly add to the con.

Well done

If you still have a kikebook after this fake news fiasco shit, you're dumb.

Normies turn all that shit on they dont give a fuck.

Do people generally count DC as part of Virginia?

You are really overestimating the dumbness of normies who this stuff is targeted at and by this stuff I mean MLB and Facebook.

Seems like a curse. You could grow up, with a healthy childhood and a strong love of baseball, seeing your heroes win a World Series. But instead, you grow up, and have the Mets forced on you, and have a strong sense of jealousy and hatred towards people that are more successful than you, turning you into a raging NEET.

I haven't used mine, aside from keeping up with family and friends, in years. I haven't paid attention to activists and politics on there for years, since it is almost always filled with retardation.

It's a shame yeah but that's how the world works.

You grow up under 5'10"
You grow up with one arm
You grow up unable to see
You grow up trapped in the wrong gender
You grow up a mets fan

yeah you're right. Still, I think this map isn't a very valid one.

yeah well you can fuck off to redddit with opinions like that faggot

lel

You cocksuckers coulda warned me about OOTP baseball.
this shit is labyrinthine. is this what trollball is like?
fuck I just wanted to sock some dingers and get comfy and simulate some games like I did on All Star baseball 2000 on my N64..

your team is fucking garbage and so are all of it's players, staff, and administration, and will never achieve anything of note other than to fail at winning for over a century fuck you

You wanted baseball. You got baseball. Your suffering will be legendary.

Wew lad you're awfully bitter today eh? Did someone fuck your mom?

yeah cause I fucked YOUR mom and since we're brothers that makes it fucking MY mom so fuck you and your mom bitch

good thing my team signed a big fat fucking roiding oriole like chris davis who's like a poor man's khris davis who's like a really poor man's steve pearce who isn't even as good as fucking chris davis he just has a more tolerable contract

>bryce harper wedding top story on mlb.com

>implying he could even find the ring

I've spent like 500 hrs on that game, got canned by like 7 different teams and only won the series 1 time

Day of the rake when?

>mfw I got an epic GET on Sup Forums

There's so many Red Sox and Yankees counties scattered everywhere because that's what happens when people flee shitholes

>Sup Forums
Thanks, I need chemo now

Quintana for C Frazier, Kapreilian, D Fowler and Wilkerman Garcia.

Who says no?

>McCutchen for Gardner, straight across.
Would Cashman say no?

>those single counties of Pirates fans in oklahoma and idaho

mfw the robbers win the pecos league

mets fans were literally the cubs fans of the east coast before this year.

Or the dodgers fans

Just keep repeating the cycle of signing cheap free agents to 1 year deals, trading them (sometimes even before the season starts), and trading off players you develop. Soon you'll have a perpetually replenishing farm system and a perennial division winner.

A's fans seep out into the eastern parts of Sacramento. Theyre mostly giants fans, but theres still plenty of green

t. I live near Sacramento

Oh cool here is a "comfy" sports simulator game. that will be a nice way to pass some time. I miss playing sports games on the PC.

>Enter into a Autism measuring contest. Stats, terms, depth, overwhelming amount of variables and numbers to take into account, need about a dozen tabs open to reference just to get through the game

motherfucker how do you guys do this? this is why I only watch post season baseball.

tfw my /r/dodgers secret santa has not posted the gift i sent him yet

Pretty fair really, maybe a little light coming back the who's but put me in the camp that just loves Kaprielian.

Secret santa....?

It's called being a baseball man. You gotta have incurable autism to truly appreciate this sport.

reddit.com/r/Dodgers/comments/5il6gq/secret_santa_deliveries_post_your_giftsthanks_in/

>a bunch of literally whos for a 4 WAR pitcher making less than Scott Kazmir

>talk to a baseball "fan"
>he doesn't have an thought on how the manger is doing
>he doesnt have any ideas on how to fix our bullpen

come hang with me on 19th bro. meet me at rileys.

I mean, I won $25,000 off a scratch ticket and bought some fools on /fgg/ SFV, but Secret Santa?!?

I'm surprised the Rockies cut a relatively large swath given their awfulness for so many years.

>I won 25000
What the fuck how

>Buy 4 $5 lottery tickets
>scratch them off
>win
It's that easy. I spent $10,000 of it and saved the rest, which came to about $9000 fuck you taxman

Rocktober stronk

Daily reminder that beating the ____ is equivalent to winning the WS for ____ fans

Ayy's, Rags

.500, Who's

Giants fans in the parking lot
Dodgers

Can anyone with insider post this article? espn.com/blog/buster-olney/insider/post?id=15459

Mariners will lose forever. Felix will never make a playoff game ever.

tbhwy i think we should dump felix

Felix to Boston.

HOW MANY ACES CAN ONE TEAM HAVE?

i dont care where he goes

>those red sox cucks in Fairbanks and kodiak and yankee fags in the slope and villages
FUCK OFF. Alaska is teal.also lel'ing at not a single county going for the A's

HEY! YOU! FUCK YOU!

>the red sox diaspora
>Idaho, Montana, Utah, Alaska
>Pockets in Lousiana and New Mexico

How?

LMAO oakland got cucked